Chapter 4

Candy-Coated Love

 

Ten minutes to twelve noon. Jiro was ready and prepared to leave when suddenly his phone rang.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Jiro, can you pick me up? My driver is busy. Mom took him somewere," Larisa said on the other line.

"Ummm..." he looked at his watch. It's 12 noon already. "Ok where are you now?" he asked.

"I'm at the hospital," she answered.

"Wait for me." he closed the phone and dialled Danson's number.

"Hello? We'll be there in a minute," Danson answered.

"Ahh... listen Danson, I'm gonna be late for about... thirty minutes. It's an emergency I really, really need to go. I'm sorry," Jiro apologized.

"Oh, ok. We'll wait for you at the shop." he closed the phone.

"What is it this time?" Rainie asked.

"He had an emergency. He'll be late for thirty minutes," he answered.

"My goodness! Is he playing or what?" she started to get irritated.

"Relax. He'll come. Just a bit late." he assured her.

"You know what I hated the most, Danson. If I made an appointment, I make sure I'll be there on time," she said.

"Wei! Since when you became so inconsiderate?" he parked the car in front of their shop.

"Since today!" she got out of the car.

###########################################################

"Hello?" the receptionist answered.

"Can you connect me to GuiGui's office please?" Aaron asked.

"One moment please," then he heard music.

"Wang Ying Jie's office how can I help you?" GuiGui answered.

"Yo! GuiGui! Come and pick me up. I need to go shopping." Aaron said.

"I'm still working Aaron." she replied.

"I'm your work remember? Or should I say to manager that you're busy?" he blackmailed her.

"Uugghhh! Haola! Haola! Where are you?" she asked again.

"At my house. Be here in ten minutes." he closed.

"Hah! Unbelievable!" she dialled her manager's office.

"Sir? I need to go out for a while," she informed him.

"Go on. Aaron told me already." he replied.

He asked you first before me? He didn't even think I have lots of work to finished?" she said frustratedly.

"Wei! What did I tell you?" he said.

"Be a good samaritan for a while GuiGui. He will get his car soon." she repeated what he said before.

"Now, go. Don't keep our talent waiting." he closed the phone.

GuiGui rolled her eyes and grabbed the keys.

###########################################################

Jiro went to the entrance of the hospital and picked up Larisa.

"Thanks a lot Jiro. What would I do without you?" she said as Jiro guided her to sat in the front seat.

"Mei Xi, you know that it's my---," he didn't finished what he said.

"Duty? I didn't take it as a duty, Jiro. I'm your fiancee. It should come from your heart. You made it sound as if I'm forcing you to marry me," she said straight face.

"Haola, haola. That's enough. Let's not talked about it. I have an appointment with my client. Come with me." he started the car.

"Ok. Let's buy a cup of coffee first," she forced a smile.

###########################################################

Rainie kept tapping her fingers on the table. 45 minutes passed and there's no sign of Jiro. Danson looked at her angry face.

"Be patient. Maybe he's caught on the traffic. Look outside," he pointed at the window and tried to dialled Jiro's number.

She stood up and headed towards the door.

"Ei! Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'll go for a walk. I'll be back." Rainie went outside.

Her blood is boiling. She hates people who keeps her waiting. She made a left turn around the corner and she bumped into a girl. The girl fell down on the ground and her coffee spilled all over her dress. Her anger overpowered her mind.

"Damn it! Looked what you've done!" Rainie shouted while wiping her dress.

"It's just a dress. You don't have to be rude!" Jiro came and helped Larisa stand up.

Rainie was stunned. It's Jiro! She recognised him quickly. But she doubted if he recognised her.

"You're the one who passed by so fast that you didn't noticed her standing here." he added.

"This is a public place. I can walked wherever I want! This girl didn't moved at all. Is she blind or what?" she continued.

"She is blind! Cmon Larisa. We're just wasting our time here." angry Jiro carried Larisa and walked away heading to the shop.

Rainie became speechless. She didn't mean to insult the girl. She wanted to take out all her frustration and the girl is the one who received it all. She felt disappointed. What a way to meet after 10 years!

He's still as handsome as ever, and that girl seems familiar." she said to herself and walked back to the shop.

###########################################################

Beep! Beep!

GuiGui was in front of the Yang's house. Mrs. Yang opened the door and waved at her telling to come inside. She got out of the car and greeted Mrs. Yang.

"Auntie! I'm soo glad to see you!" GuiGui hugged her.

"Oh! What a sweet girl. I'm glad to see you too! You're soo beautiful," Mrs. Yang her hand through her hair.

"Thanks." she blushed.

"I'm here to picked Aaron," she said.

"He's still in his room. You can go upstairs." Mrs. Yang told her.

GuiGui went up to his room and knocked on the door. He opened and pulled GuiGui inside. He just got out from the shower and wears towel only.

"OMG! He's soo freakin' hot! Gosh! I need some air. Inhale! Exhale!" she breathe in and out.

"What are you doing?" Aaron asked holding two shirts.

"Mei you." she removed her eyes from his body.

"Your room was still the same." she said while roaming around.

"I didn't change. It looks cute." he said picking another pair of shirts.

GuiGui smiled when she saw their pictures.

"Which one should I wear? This or this?" he asked her.

She looked back at him and saw his well built body again.

"Oh God! Pai Tuo! Give me more strength or I swear I will grabbed and smothered him!" she pleaded talking to herself.

"Wei! Are you sick? Why do you keep mumbling there?" he tapped her shoulder.

GuiGui scratched her head felt embarassed.

"This or this?" he asked again.

"The green one," she answered and turned her back on him.