LIMA

I'm a Hapless

Amber POV

                         

It's been two month, Krystal and me became close friends. She's the first or more than I can just say is, the only girl who wanna be my friend. Everyday, right after school, we walked together to the library and do some extra studies and revision. She knew I have to work at 4 pm in the evening, so she will say to me, "It's time to some nap, right? So, we end here. Go home and rest, Amber,"

 

And like usual, I just nod in understanding.

 

Krystal is a hard-working student. She studies 8 hours everyday. Oh gosh, I spent my 8 hours with works to make money, but she? Just an overactive brain to study all night long. Long-life Krystal Jung Soo Jung…

 

"Why you look so bright today? You won lottery or what???" her voice sounds like a soft-wind. Gentle and warm. I hid my smile.

 

"No… Nothing. Urm, Krys?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Can I ask you to go out with me?" I looked her eyes widen. "Go out with youuu???"

 

Oh ho, she'd misunderstand me. I nervously replied, "Aaa, not like…uhm.. you know, date. But more like a friendly hangout. Today is my birthday… so…" I scratched my back of head with a shy laugh. "My Helmoni asked me to bring you home. She made a special dish and—and.. I wish you can join us…"

 

"Today is your birthday?" Krystal questioned and closed her book. She stared at me then.

 

"Yeah," I feel my heart just ripped out from my rib cage as she pulled me for a hug. God, her scent…

 

"You should tell me earlier, Amber. I can buy you a gift. Anyway, happy birthday to you," she whispered and broke the hug. She hold my hands tightly then.


Ohh ffoo, what's next??? Thanks God, we're sitting alone here, in this beautiful garden, if someone see us, Krystal Jung's fanboy might kill me!

 

"T-thank-y-you…" isn’t my voice obviously like something choking my throat?

 

"Sure, very pleasure for me to join you," she said-smilling. This girl right now likes burning a hole in my eyes. She stared directly to me making my blood runs faster in my veins.  I felt someone zipped off my lips. Just became dumbfounded again.

 

"Are you really okay, Amber?" Krystal frowned at me. I felt her hand touch my forehead. "Your temperature just fine… hmmm…"
 

Pleaseeee don’t do this to meeee. I'm dying-choking myself now, Krystalllll…

 

"Errrrr… I'm okay. Yeah, just fine, Krys," I gently pulled away her hands from me. "Can we go to class? Recess is over," I managed to distract myself from staring at her beautiful face as I calmed myself with a hard try. What actually happen to me anyway???

 

"O-kay…," she replied while eyeing me. "Today you are really weird, Amber…" she said in a slow tone, but I still can listen. Next, we walked into the classroom. And none of us utter a word.

 


Author POV

 

"Hey!"

 

"Hey you!!!"

 

The boy runs quickly to catch the skinny figure. "W-waitttt!"

 

Amber stopped taking steps and turned around. And Krystal too. They were both looking at the boy amusedly.

 

"S-sorry.. hufhh…" he said between the pants. "Will you join basketball? I mean—you join our team?" Myungsoo asked while looking at Amber. He placed his hand at the chest, trying to catch a breath.

 

Amber pointed at herself. "Me?"

 

The boy nodded.

 

"What??? But why???" she sounds disbelief. Myungsoo breathed in deeply. He sticked out a note from his pocket and give it to Amber. "Coach wants you to be a part of school basketball team. I watch you before, at the court during P.E and you've made an amazing shot. Kai injured. And I hope you can replace him. I'm Myungsoo, you are Amber, right?"

 

"Y-yes," Amber swallowed her saliva. She took a glance at the notes. She feels like in a daydream as the small paper had the coach name at the end. It's really from Mr Geun.

 

"Good," Myungsoo smiled in satisfy and tapped the boyish shoulder. "So… see you at the court tomorrow?" the handsome face waits for the answer. When he looked at Krystal, he slightly bowed in respect. The girl bowed back.

 

There's a long silence until Amber said yes. And Krystal smiled a little.

 

*****

 

"Now, my sweetheart. Make a wish…" Madam Goo asked as she holds the cake. Amber heaved a sigh and closed her eyes. She thought for a while and blows the little candles. The old woman smiled and placed back the cake on to the table. 

 

"Happy 15th birthday, Amber. May God bless and protect you forever. I love you so much. Now give me a hug,"

 

"Thank you, Helmoni. And I love you too…" she said and embraced the woman's waist tightly. The two almost forget Krystal is still staring at them until the girl cleared .

 

"I don’t know you are a 'mama boy' at home~~~" Krystal friend and chuckled.

 

"Yes, she is, Krystal. She's my boy, strong and very stubborn. But sometimes, she's like a little girl, very kind and gentle. However, she's still Amber Josephine that I'd love so much," Madam Goo stated- and kissed Amber's head. "I bet you must be hungry, right? Come, I'd prepare roasted beef, special for this messy llama,"

 

"Of course, Helmoni. I would love to," Krystal replied in manner, slightly bowed. "Let's eat, you messy llama~~~"

 

"Don’t call me that, Krys,"

 

"Ohhh, why???"

 

"I'm not a llama," Amber stated, feeling irritated. Krystal laughed as she saw the tomboy's pout.

 

"Your pout is really cuteee~~~" she teased again while pinching Amber's cheeks. "Haha, Helmoni, See your pouting llama,"

 

"Don’t join her, Helmoni. I won't friend with you anymore if you team up to tease me again…" Amber jokingly threatened.

 

Madam Goo just laughed.

 

"Alright-alright, food is getting cold. Let's dig in," she asked in a happy tone. At the end, three of them enjoy the meal with laughs and smiles. Krystal felt overwhelmed as she saw Amber's glistening eyes on that day. She looks very cheerful and happy.

 

 

"That's my daddy," Krystal pointed at one direction. Amber can see one tall guy walked out from black-sedan and motioned to them. He approached the kids with a big smile.

 

"I'm taking too much time, princess?" he asked her daughter.

 

"No, you’re not. Hence, I have Amber accompanying me here, Daddy. She's Amber, my friend and Amber, this is my king, Mr. Jung Yejun," Krstal introduced politely. Yejun chuckled as Krystal claimed he is the king.

 

"Very nice to meet you, sir," Amber greeted and bowed.

 

"Yes, me too, kid. Pleasure to meet you too," Yejun replied back and caressed the boyish hair. "Here, your birthday gift," he said, handing one big box to the girl. Amber was so surprised. and eyes went big.

 

"Krystal told me that she don’t know your birthday is today. So, she text me and asked to buy some special gift to her close friend. Now, you present is ready, Amber," Yejun explained as he saw the teenager look so lost. "Come, on, take it,"

 

Amber takes a look at the girl. Krystal smirked and shrugged her shoulders.

 

"Th-thank—you, sir," Amber stuttering made the guy let out a small chuckle.

 

"Have your wishes?" he asked.

 

Amber nodded then.

 

"And next month is this princess's birthday. Promise you will come?"

 

Amber nodded again.

"Good kid…" Yejun praised. "Princess, let's go. It's time to go home," he reminded.

 

"Yes, Daddy," Krystal said then faced Amber who is holding the gift. "Happy birthday again to you. I bet you will jump after you know what's inside," she told, referred to the box.

 

The teenagers stared at each other before Krystal aware Amber trying to hold her tears. "Thank you, Krystal. You are the best…" the skinny girl able to say at last.

 

"Owww… mama boy don’t cry, right?" she teased and cupped Amber's face gently. "See you tomorrow, Amber,"

 

"Yeah, and thank you again for today, Krys,"

 

Krystal nods. She bid a goodbye and followed her father's steps. As they reached the car, she slowly titled her head to the back and found Amber is still looking at her. Krystal curved a sweet smile and waved before she got into the car.

 

Amber can see the luxurious-sedan slowly fade away from the yard of her small house. When they exactly gone, she stared at the box on her hand and opened it.

 

"Oh.My.Lord," she uttered as she saw the gift. 

 

 

***

 

It's a very special day for her. She looks upon the sky and didn’t stop smiling. Amber knew, for somehow, she started to fall in love with that girl. Even she herself cannot find the reason, why she's really attracted to her friend. Well, love is unconditional. Right?

 

"She's really beautiful," Madam Goo told Amber, slowly sat beside her.

 

"Yeah, very beautiful,"

 

"You like her so much, aren’t you?"

 

Amber just nod as response.

 

"What's her name?"

 

"It's Krystal," Amber replied shortly. And finally she realized what she just said. "Oh, Helmoni. Since when you're here???"

 

"Since you’re grinning like there's no end of the world…" Madam Goo said, laughing. "You're deeply in love with Krystal, Amber,"

 

"Uhmm.. no.. I'm not," Amber hid her blushed cheeks then.

 

"Yeah…? What's with that longing face, messy llama? You're already missing her. Don’t tell lie to me. I know you really well, dear…" she teased the younger girl again. When Amber was left no words to say, she chuckled. "First love will make us chummy and creepy. Don’t worry, I keep your secret…"

 

"You see stars brighter, the moon became bigger and the sky looks more wonderful. Then you trying to sketch the face you love there. It's the signs, you just have your first love experience, Amber…"

 

Amber titled her head down. She felt ashamed, but she can't deny, Helmoni is telling the truth.

 

"Isnt it's bizarre for me, to fell in love with… a girl?" Amber asked.

 

"Urm… as much as I know, love didn’t have a term. We can't decide who we are going to love. Is she or he doesn’t matter to me. But if, that feelings still here, in your heart, it's permanently called love. We can't change it to someone else, Amber…" she explained to her grandchild with a deep stare.

 

"But Helmoni… I'm afraid," Amber talked back in a sad tone. She looked down on the ground.

 

"You're not afraid, Amber…" the tomboy stared at Madam Goo blankly. "You just did not believe in yourself. You don’t have any courage to say you are in love with her. You just feel you are not worthy. You always feel there's no one could love you back,"

 

Amber shut .

 

"Go tell her, Amber. Since you still have the chance and time to say it," Madam Goo encouraged. They exchanged a stare before Amber flashed her smile.

 

 

 

"I will, Helmoni. When the right chance and time come, I will tell Krystal that I love her…"

 

***

 

"Wow, you did look good in this style, Amber," Krystal commenting while staring at the girl up and down.

 

"Really?" Amber suddenly feels so proud in her basketball attire. (It was a gift from Krystal's father actually)

 

"Hmm-mh,"

 

Amber smiled widely as she saw the latter nod vigorously.

 

"But I'm a little bit worry now," suddenly Krystal said to her. With a concern look. "You can misbalance your tight schedule after this. Study-revision with me, basketball practice and your work in the evening. Are you sure you can handle all of these, Amber?"

 

Amber curved a sweet smile. "I have you to assist me, why I should worry?"

 

The teenagers sat in silence as their eyes look deep to each other. Amber broke the stares and lay down her body on the smooth-green grass as she let out a small chuckle.

 

"I think you are a lucky bell to me, Krys," Krystal looked at her friend. She slowly laid beside Amber as she stays in silence. They both watch the blue sky.

 

"Why are you saying that?" Krystal questioned.

 

 

"You came and change my world. You made me feel worth to chase something. You're like a lucky bell to me. Once it ring, and the goods show up in just blink of an eye. You are really special, Krys…" Amber placed her hand behind her head, and turned to see Krystal on the side. She gives the girl a warm smile.

 

Krystal looks at Amber. She stared at the face properly. Her hair, her eyes, her nose and her lips. Then she smiled back. But suddenly she furrowed her brows.

 

"I think you will look better if…" she touched Amber's hair."You cut your hair a little bit shorter than this…"

 

"Oh, Helmoni said she want to see me with a long hair for once. I can't cut it, Krys…" the tomboy replied.

 

"Hmm… I bet you're ugly with a long hair…" both of them laughed then.

 

"Hey Amber," Krystal called her friend name as she stared at wide sky. "Can I know what you wish for yesterday?"

 

"Well… it's very simple…" Amber closed her eyes. Imagining her wishes, she calmly muttered. "I wish I want to be a better person. I want a good lifetime…"

 

"How's that 'good lifetime'? Would you please elaborate, Ms. Amber? I'm not into a philosophy you know…" Krystal said it straight. And that made Amber chukled.

 

"Good lifetime means I can have someone that I loved to be with me. He, uhm or she will always stay beside me. I will say I love him, uhm her and she will say she loves me too. We will have an adorable child. I will build a big and beautiful house near a lake and we'll live there till the end of our life..." Amber confessed. She frowned when she saw Krystal covered with her palm. A moment later, she finally burst into a loud laugh.

 

"Yah, are laughing at me???" 

 

"Hahhahahahahaaaaa, Am-ber--, you- " Krystal tried to hold herself but she failed.

 

Amber felt a little bit disappointed with Krystal's reaction. Then she gets up into a sit position.

 

"I gotta go, Krys. Myungsoo and the team might be waiting for me," she muttered, sounded weakly. Amber grabbed her back and stand up. She ignored the other girl and slowly made her step away. She stopped as she heard Krystal called her name.

 

"Aish, become a mama boy again…" Krystal hissed and quickly walked to the tomboy. "It's still early, Amber. You have an hour more," she tapped Amber's head then. "Don’t sulk please? You look like a poor puppy right now, " Krystal teased, staring directly to the latter.

 

"In that case, I can warm up before the practice…" Amber shortly replied, still in her sulk mode. Krystal grabbed her wrist as the boyish wants to walk away from her again.

 

"Don’t go if you don't need to," she said. Amber stupefied with the words.

 

"Stay with me here, until the practice time come," Krystal muttered sternly. The teenagers sank into silence until Amber nod her head. Krystal smiled and takes Amber's hand, leading her back to their place before.