DUA PULUH EMPAT

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to Thrilling by EXID) 

 

The small girl spitted her chewing gum out from and wrapped it back with the foil cover. She hid into the left side of her varsity jacket, decided she will threw it when she find the dustbin. 

She had been waiting outside the building for hours but still, hoping she will be invited back, for the second audition. 

The rain became heavier as the day almost turn dark and there's no sign the gloomy sky will stop crying. She's tired of standing there, with the cold wind blowing her face. 

 

"You will catch cold, girl. Go home," the security guard ordered while lighting on the cigaratte and blew the white smoke into the air. "A young girl like you and an old guy like me, around this time, not very good to see, eh?" 

 

She stared at the uniformed man weirdly. 

 

And the guy laughed as he saw the fear expression of the girl. 

 

"Joking," he said. "I have a daughter, almost the same age like you. And the father's instict kicking me in, always. Just go home, kid. Your parents might be worrying about you now," 

 

She replied sternly, 

"I am not going back before I get a call from the producer. I passed the first audition and I deserve another chance to be a trainee, not a background singer," 

 

The old man made a 'fuh' sound'. 

"First time I met a girl who as firm like you," 

 

She crossed her arms and added again, "Yes I am. I want to live my dream and I am not going back until I meet the president," 

 

"Good luck on that, kid," he wished with a heavy sigh. He put off the fire and looked at the teenager. 

 

"I heard from the staff the president is nice and kind. So I hope, you can 'tame' her with your talents, not with that cute face," he continued and laughed.

The young girl rolled her eyes, began to think she should ignore the talkative guard. 

 

"Thanks, my father-like figure," she lazily replied. 

 

 

Not far away from the building, a luxury car stopped at the side of the street. Amber the owner pulled the hand-break as she speak, "Wait me here, okay? I need to get my stuff in the office," 

 

"Urm, can I go with you?" 

 

"You want to?" 

 

Krystal nodded. 

"I need some fresh air and a few step to help the digestion thing. I ate a lot just now," 

Amber grinned at her friend as she said, 

"Alright, let's go, Krys. Its raining heavily, be careful," 

 

The boyish got herself an umbrella from the back seat and took a quick walk to the seat passenger's side, offering the beautiful lady a shelter from the drop of rains. 

 

They made into the building and as he noticed the arrival of Amber, the security guard greeted her politely. She smiled and bowed back. 

 

"Ms. Liu, so glad to see you here," he muttered happily. When he looked at Krystal on Amber's side, the middle aged man frowned. He monologued, "I think last week she with someone else...?" 

 

"I forgot my keynotes this time, Mr. Han," told Amber, smilling. She shifted her head to see the brunette. "This is my friend, Krystal," 

Mr. Han bowed and greeted her and the long-haired woman returned the same action as well. 

 

"Oh by the way, there's a kid waiting in front of your office, Ms. Liu. She said she wanted to meet you in person," 

 

"A kid? What purpose?" 

 

The guy rubbed his unitchy head and replied, "About that, you maybe want to hear it from herself, Ms.Liu," 

 

"Hurm..." the CEO woman hummed and then she continued, "Alright, thanks Mr. Han. See you later," 

 

Finally, Amber and Krystal managed to reach the spacious space and they both spotted a young girl with denim style is sitting on the floor, right in front of Amber's office door. 

 

"I guees this is the girl he meant before, Amber," told Krystal. 

 

"Yeah," replied Amber-short. 

 

She approached the entrance, followed close by her friend from behind. 

 

"Excuse me, may I know why you're sitting here, young girl?" Amber's voice made the teenager jolted up in surprise. In the fast speed, she stood up and confronted the handsome face. 

 

"Hi-hi sir," she stuttered and swallowed the saliva inside , "I'm Chaeyoung, Son Chaeyoung from Ansan, sir. I came this far to meet you personally, hoping you will count me in as the trainee in your label, sir," 

 

Amber frowned when she heard the name. It sounds familiar to her. 

 

Son Chaeyoung?

 

I've heard that name before... but where??? 

 

Then, she stared at the cute face seriously. 

 

Son Chaeyoung... 

 

Son Chaeyoung...

 

 

 

 

 

Mr. Son's daughter???

 

 

"I see..." she commented, putting both hands into her jean's pockets while staring straight at the teenager, hiding her glad expression to see the girl again. 

 

"Tell me now, why I must choose you to be a trainee?" 

 

Krystal just observed the situation as she had nothing to say. 

 

Chaeyoung snapped her lips- nervous. "I passed the audition, sir, but the producer placed me as the background singer. I thought I am capable to be more than that, and I dream to be an idol like Jessica Jung, your precious label artist. I can show you the dance and I can sing for you now, if you dont mind," 

 

Amber chuckled, "Oh no-no, dont show it now, Chaeyoung," she took a glimpse at Krystal then. "Jessica Jung wasn't a trainee before, I found her talent and we're partners, we've built this label together. So far, we didnt take any trainee," she explained further. 

 

The short-girl's face changed as she titled her face down- disappointed. 

 

 

"Hey small bean, you've grown up huh?" once she heard the nickname, she immediately looked up. 

"How... do...???" 

 

Amber touched Chaeyoung's head with her palms and she kneeled a bit, stared right at her face, "Chaeyoungie, you didnt recognize me? I am Amber, your messy unnie and your left-side neighbour," she stated with a calm smile. 

Krystal watched the scene and cant help to smile along as she also remembered who is the teenager. 

 

It took Chaeyoung quite a time to recall who is the person in front of her. 

 

"Amber unnie???" Chaeyoung raised her voice when she remembered. "Amber-unnie!" 

 

Half-laughing, the boyish nodded vigorously then. 

 

"Oh my! Unnie! I thought you're guy!" she claimed, still in high-pitch tone. "I am sorry, unnie. I cant remember you at first," 

 

"Its okay, small bean. I've got a lot too before. This is Krystal, remember her? My pretty best friend who always stick with me and bossed me around to study?" 

 

Chaeyoung gazed at the brunette. "Krystal unnie?" 

 

"Yes, Chaeyoung. I am this messy llama's old friend. We've met on Amber's 15th birthday and you gave her your drawing. And I even had help you with your homework," Krystal told. 

 

"Oh yes... I know, I know, Helmoni said you're Amber's unnie best friend. I remember that," the cutie muttered confidently. 

The tallest person curved her lips up, gently ruffled Chaeyoung's smooth hair. 

 

"Did your parents know you're here?" 

 

Chaeyoung didnt answer, nor nod or shake her head. 

 

"Oh no... dont say..." Krystal tried to guess but was stopped by the youngest of them. 

 

"I ran away, unnie. Appa dislike me," that was the first reveal, as she said in slower voice. She avoided Amber's stares, looking down at the shiny floor. 

Both Amber and Krystal released a small sigh, exchanged glances. 

 

"It looks like you're keeping a story, Chaeyoungie," assumed the boyish. "Okay then, lets talk more about this," she continued. 

 

"No, nothing. I am all grown up already. I made a decision, to not depending on them. This gonna be myself and my dream. So please, if you take me as the trainee, I promise, I will work hard," 

 

"Hey its not about that," Krystal interrupted. It was her turn to voice out her opinion, "Running away cant solve the problem. Yes you're being independent now but still, you need your parents, Chaeyoung. Your Appa must be angry, but just for a while. You're a good daughter right? So, a good daughter didnt leave their parents to pursue her dream. They need time to understand you, that's all," 

 

The cutie listened to Krystal's words as she immersed with the deep thoughts. 

 

"Krystal is right, Chaeyoungie. I am sure they're searching for you so come on, let me take you home okay?"

 

"I-I'm...." 

 

"Alright, I'll give you a chance, two years, you'll be taking vocal and dance classes with the condition- you'll let me bring you to your home. No negotiation anymore, period," Amber decided spontaneously. 

The teenager's eyes and mouth widen. 

"Are you serious, Amber-unnie???" 

 

"Yes I am super serious," 

 

Krystal smiled when she saw Chaeyoung hugged Amber who is screaming happily. Good for you llama, now you have a kid under your watchlist, and behold of the continuous-teenager-hormones circulation, and you might suffer a lot to handle this... She evilly dialogued inside her mind. 

 

"Ah, I'll go with you. Tomorrow is my day off, Amber," told Krystal. 

 

"But you're still with the formal clothes, Krys. Want to borrow my clothes first???" 

 

"You have?" 

 

"Yes, but not feminine enough for you, I think," Amber retorted in hesitance. "But, trust me, boyish outfits are more comfortable and you dont have any choice either, right?" 

 

"Ugh... I dont mind, llama. As long as it still keep me looking like an ordinary human," Krystal said, scoffing. 

 

"Anything you said, princess," 

 

 

Chaeyoung laughed, complimenting, "Your bond is still strong, I can see that... and wow, this is a relationship goal!" 

 

"Yes we are, she's my BFF's," Amber exaggerated. She glanced at the pretty face on her side then. "So, are we deal now, Chaeyoung? If you're disagree I cant recruit you into this label," 

The teenager quickly mumbled, "No-no, I agree, I swear I will do my best," 

The boyish chuckled-nodding her head. 

 

"But, Appa... he-he is actually not an easy man, Amber-unnie. He wants me to be a lawyer but I dont have any interest on that field. What if, he scold me again when I'm home? I am scared because I just ran away and stole his money," confessed Chaeyoung sadly. "He dont understand what I want to achieve and will never try to understand. That's my Appa that I know very well..." 

 

Amber looked at the youngest and gently pressed her shoulder. 

"Whatever he did, trust me, he loves you, Chaeyoungie. I'm sure every father in this world want the best for their children. And you are lucky since we've meet again because I will help you to explain," 

 

"But how, unnie? He is a hard-hearted and stuborn man," 

 

She didnt replied instantly, but had smiled instead, with eyes still staring at the short-girl. 

 

"Hey, potato is hard right? What happen when you put the potato into the boiling water? Getting soft or even more harder?" asked Amber. 

 

"Soft," replied Chaeyoung, frowning. 

 

"See, the hard texture can be soften with the hot water, Chaeyoung. With the right temperature and perfect duration, the potato will turn out to be very smooth inside, and it is easier for us to eat-aside from the delicious taste. Same goes to your father too, he will understand, just need time and explanation. Sooner or later," 

 

Krystal hid a smile when she heard what Amber had said. She can't deny that her friend is good in speaking, a lot more better than the young Amber who she knew before. The ability to assure people with her words, is one of her charm currently. 

 

"He will?" again the teenager expressed her doubt. 

 

"Yes, he will," added Amber. She smoothly ruffled her hair then. "Dont worry, everything will be fine. Just let the time flows, okay?" 

 

Chaeyoung thinks for a moment before she nodded in agreement. 

And those duo sighed in relief as they heard, 

 

 

 

 

 

"So then, take me home, Amber-unnie," 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________

 

I've spent so many times editing this chapter (-_-) 

 

Thanks  for subscribing, upvoting, commenting, reading and also messaged me personally to make this double-parts updated! I'd struggled a lot to search for an idea and inspiration though. And thanks to coffee for being my loyal writing buddy^^

 

After crush over and over started from Krystal f(x) to EXID Hani & Junghwa to SISTAR Bora to Twice Mina & Tzuyu, now I have crush on Kyulkyung or Jieqeong from rookie group Pristin or mostly known in I.O.I before they're officially disbanded almost two months ago (T_T). After her, I dont know who is next. 

 

 

So, who is your celebrity crush? 

 

p/s: There will be a few special appearance of character in next chapter so I hope you can hold for a while because I'm working for it :) 

 

Love you'all like always,

 

RYAI