SEMBILAN

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to Tidal Wave by The Wrecking) 

 

Author POV 

Sip by sip, from one bottle become five, Amber's head finally spinning. She tried hard to think straight but nothing come as clear and all is obsecure. The boyish rest her back on the wall, taking a time to get sober.


"Yahhhhhhh party isnt over yet peopleeee...." Myungsoo, who is already sprawling on the floor murmurs and takes a glance at his friend. He stands up in wobble way and manages to grab another beer but Kris is faster to snatch it away from him. "Yah! Give it to me!" he grumbles. 

"Your insecure tummy, dude. Last time you've finished 10 can of beers and you end up at hospital's bed," the tall boy nags and embrace his arm around Myungsoo's waist, helping him down.

 

"Aish... it's not even reach 10 yet...."

 

"Sit and be quiet," he warns the boy and also make himself comfortable on the cushion. Kris takes a look on the surrounding, shaking his head in disapproval as the scene is totally a mess. He is usually can tolerate with alcohol, so after three or four beers, he still awake and dont even get drunk. But the situatuation, Myungsoo already passed out after mumbling some alien words, his other basketball mates lying without consciousness and also the only member who experiencing her first time drinking, Amber. 

 He chuckles watching his friend is struggling to open her eyes. 

 

"Not bad for the first timer like you, Ber," he said and approached the tomboy. "Hey champ, how are you doing?" 

 

Amber, being almost all drunk gives Kris a confuse look. She asks, "Does it must taste like a piece of ? Why I can't feel my toes? Why?" and that made Kris hold his laugh.

 

"Whoa, 5 can of beers turned you into a new person," Kris complained. "Come on Amber, let me take you home," he offer as he pulls Amber's tiny body up from her seat. Later, the boy helps her walking through out the door while the boyish still grumbling uncomprehensive sentences. All of sudden, Amber stops taking a step and push him away. She tries to be awake but the dizziness is killing. 

 

"Wait, I have a question," she starts to speak. "Kris,I have a friend named Krystal Jung, a very pretty goddess from heaven. Did you know her, buddy?" 

 

"Oh man, you're totally drunk," he comments and blew a sigh. "I cant send you home with this condition. Your Helmoni might kill me." The tall boy pulls Amber with him and they end up sitting on the stairs. "Let's just wait until you're a sober, buddy. Hang on there," 

 

"Kris...you didnt tell me if you know my friend?" 

 

"Aish stop talking," 

 

"I will not stop talking until you say you know Krystal," 

 

Kris sighs in annoyance. He know drunk people will act strange and different from their normality so he just decided to include himself into Amber's drunk world. "Yeah-yeah, I know Krystal very well..." 

 

Amber smiles. She grabs Kris's shoulders and shake them slightly which made the boy frowns in confusion. Also wondering what she's going to say next. He watches how the innocent tomboy open and let out a words, 

 

"Me, Amber Josephine Liu is totally in love with my friend, aa--- no, the most beautiful and brilliant girl in this whole universe, the mighty Krystal Jung Soo Jung. This is a secret between us okay? Dont tell anyone yet because, me, Amber Josephine Liu will going to confess to the most beautiful and brilliant girl in this whole universe, the mighty Krystal Jung," Amber says with a bright face. And afterwards, she collapsed on the floor and passed out. 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris is stunned and he just sit there like a stone. Then he remembers that drunk people always telling a truth. It is like being drunk and high can help them to say something that they can't really do personally. For example, a confession. Exactly like what Amber just did. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hell no," he utters and look at his unconscious friend with full of fidgetiness. Blowing an amount of air, he sighs and hiss, again and again. There's unsatisfied feelings spreading inside him, which made Kris's brain can't stop thinking. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You can't like the same girl, Amber," 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Okay, that was short, I know. What will happen next? Somebody can guess?

 

 

 

Thanks for the non stop supports and love from all of you. I am working for the next chapter and also, trying to update another stories of mine. Thank you for waiting me everyone:) 

 

Happy Chinese New Year! 

 

RYAI.