EPILOGUE

I'm a Hapless

(Playing I Believe by Younha)

 

 

 

 

Dear all of you who reading this,

I want you to know that Amber,

Loves the child like her own. She raised her well, with love to the fullest and with deepest care like what she’d always anticipated from the figure of her late parents. She witnessed how the little baby grows to be a very bright and happy young lady. She loves the child almost equal to the love of her life, Krystal.

 

If you wonder how this story ends, let me tell you clear what’s happen after Krystal give birth.

 

 

The truth, because the power of love, Krystal passed the limit of her time like what the medics expected. She spent 25 years afterward loving her ‘hubby’ and being part of her life. Their promise to live together and only get separated by their own death turned out true.

 

She survived for that long to make Amber feels, she’s not that hapless, she’s not alone and she deserves anything else in this world like others’ have.

 

And when’s she’s ready to let her go, she knew, everything will be alright.

 

Amber that she loves very much already achieved her long-time dream, and she’ll find peace in her final rest.

 

 

This story was told by Amber herself to me. She said, “Nothing can replace Krystal in my life. Even though she’s gone, but her loves still here, not going anywhere. And I’ll bring it along when I die,”

 

 

I guess, she really did.

 

 

Amber, my favorite person who teach me lots of things in life passed away a year later after Krystal. In her deep sleep, after visiting Krystal and her Helmoni’s graves.

 

 

I was upset but her famous quote still lingers in my mind. She wanted me to embrace myself if she’s not here anymore. She wanted me to further my life as usual, being a good wife and mother although she can’t see how happy I am. She believed, the part of love that she left will be with me all the time and the other part, she will take them with her.

 

 

I called Amber ‘pa’ because she always acted as a father to me. And my mother, a very pretty Krystal, or my ‘ma’ had becoming my sort of inspiration to write this story. When I asked her is it okay to publish her love story with pa, she just smiled and nodded her head at me.

 

“Let the world knows, how powerful love is, sweetheart. But before that, tell this story first to your children. They must know that their Grandma loves their Granda so much,”

 

“And their Granda loves their Grandma even more,” my pa intruded between us during our last evening together in the hospital, around five years ago.

 

I really miss their warmth and how lovely they were. For me, my pa and ma are the best parents in the entire world.

 

 

Now, I must go on this life without them.

 

And however, I'm still happy having my children and my lovely husband here by my side.

 

Like pa said,

 

 

 

“Love is our own happiness and it will keep us alive no matter where we go and what we do,”

 

 

My dearest pa and ma, your pure love still here with me, don’t worry and please be well on there.

Love two of you the most.

 

KryBer’s daughter,

 

Dani Jung-Liu.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Throwback, five years ago…

 

The 56 years old Amber was in her deep sleep when the sounds of her window being opened awake her. Grabbing her glasses on the nearest drawer, she put it on.

 

“Who’s there?” despite of fearing it might be a robber or a thief, Amber braved herself to ask.

“Whatever you trying to steal, kid, only an old nut here,” her feet touched the cold floor and directed toward her room’s balcony.

 

The moment she reached the spot, Amber glued at her standing place.

 

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, wondering how is it possible for the window becoming the entrance to a beautiful garden which blooms with flowers everywhere.

 

“This is weird…” she mumbled, stepping into the space.

 

 

To her own surprise, she found a familiar person, sitting casually on the wooden chair, with her eyes close.

 

“Helmoni,” Amber muttered.

 

The old woman instantly awake from her nap, and gave her a calm look.

 

“Oh dear, you’re here, finally…” Helmoni said, fixing her thick glasses. She gestured Amber to take a place on her empty side then. “Come here, why standing there like a statue? Don’t like seeing me again?”

 

Amber curved a little smile, still with her disbelief look.

 

“Helmoni… I am dreaming???”

 

The guardian shook her head, chuckling.

“No, you’re not, my child. Here is real,”

 

“So then, how could I see you? You’re…”

 

“Dead, I know,” Helmoni interrupted. She rose from the chair, breathing in deeply. “Come on up, walk with me,”

Not knowing why, Amber tailed the woman with her own will.

 

“Are you a…ghost???”

 

“Do I look like one?”

 

Amber eyed down at Helmoni’s feet. “You’re touching the ground. You…re… real,”

 

Smilling at the latter’s confusing expression, Helmoni ignored her grandchild and walked further.

 

She stopped as they arrived at the riverside. One tall man with a small figure by his side waved at them, calling Amber by her name.

 

“Helmoni, they are…” she’s quite sure who are she’s seeing but still tried to ask, “They are my…”

 

“Your dad and your mom,” Helmoni calmly replied. “Jonathan, Foon, your daughter is here to meet you. She joined us, eventually,”

 

The man glanced at Amber and flashed a smile.

“Don’t want to say hello to daddy and mommy? We’ve been waiting here for such a long time, sweetheart. Now come here, you owe me a hug,” he opened his arms wide.

 

In hesitance state, Amber doesn’t have any clue why she gladly went to her father’s embrace and hugged him tight.

 

“Mommy?” another figured asked, making Amber releasing the hug. She looked at the Chinese woman amusedly before standing right in front of her eyes.

 

“Mom,” Amber called, sobbing. “I don’t believe it, you guys are still alive,”

 

Foon, Jonathan and Madam Goo exchanged looks. The small woman caressed Amber’s cheek lovingly, stating,

“We are always alive, honey. Here, you keep us here,” she pointed at the tomboy’s chest. Foon pulled her closed into her embrace as she kissed top of her daughter’s head.

Taking the chance that she never has, Amber tightens her arms around the body while sniffing the mother’s scent.

She looked at her own reflection on the clear water river and found out she is young again.

 

“I got it. I got it, Helmoni,” Amber released herself and stared at the old woman. “Your loves, all of your loves for me keep you alive and made you able to come and meet me, I am right?”

 

Jonathan denied calmly, “No, my child. You are the one who come to us, we’re always here. We’re never go anywhere,”

 

“Yes, dear. This is the place where we go once we departed from the world,” added Helmoni, gently the short hair. “Like what I’d always said to you. When the time comes, we’re going to meet again,”

 

“Really? Means… we’re going to stay here, forever?”

 

Three of them nod in the same time.

 

“But this is not your destination, Amber,” told Helmoni. “You need to go to the hill. Your love there, is waiting,”

 

“Who?”

 

Neither her daddy, her mommy or her guardian mutter a thing.

 

“Go meet her first, Amber. We will reunite again later,” informed Jonathan, giving his only child a grip on the shoulder.

 

 

 

 

Amber checked herself once again on the clear water, head still thinking why her grumpy old-look disappeared, magically become young and strong again.

Looking the breathtaking view surrounded, she took a long walk before reaching on the top of the hill.

The young Amber couldn’t stop admiring the scene she’s staring at.

The shady maple tree, the windy weather and the incredible view of the blue lake from the place she’s standing.

All are so much perfect to see.

“Hey Amber,” one soft voice greeted her not far away. She turned around and managed to catch the beautiful woman or more precisely to describe, her wife, is walking her way towards her.

 

“Krys…”

 

She stood right in front of her hubby, curving the sweetest smile.

“You’re looking very outstanding, as usual,”

 

The handsome Amber’s sight was blurring as her eyes getting teary. Amber reached for Krystal’s tiny hands, caressing them smoothly.

 

“You wait for me?” she asked, kissing the latter’s palms.

 

“Yes, I am. But now, not anymore,” Krystal replied, touching Amber’s face. “See, we’re together once again. I’m here for you like what I promised,”

 

Amber nods, smiling. “Look at us, Krys. We’re young again. Last time since I can remember, I have wrinkles and my body felt so weak,”

 

“But you were there, always, when I need to see doctor, when I was dreaming a nightmare, you’re also up to wipe my sweats. You stay when the long needle had been pierced deep into my skin and you stay awake, accompanied my difficult nights although you’re not healthy and strong anymore,”

 

“You’ve been a great dad to our child, hubby. Dani must be so proud to have you,”

 

“I am more proud to have a child like her, Krys. She’s a nice daughter,”

 

They smiled.

 

“Amber, now did you believe you’re not a hapless?” she asked, enveloping her arms around the boyish’s neck.

 

“You’ve finally got to see your parents, Helmoni and me once again. You might be a little bit late but still, I’m glad you’d came for us,”

 

“Destiny brings everything you lost in world and made them all gathered here. What else is still you needed?”

 

Amber stared deep at her lovely wife.

 

“Yes, you’re right. I’ve got anything that I’d always wanted in my life,”

 

“But still I’m craving for one more,”

 

Krystal frowned then,

“O-oh? What is it???”

 

She gave the pretty figure a quick peck on her lips.

 

“A kiss,” Amber said.

 

Giving her lover the most beautiful smile, Krystal stood in her toe and kissed Amber gently.

 

 

Her hearts flutters more and more as she went along the passionate kiss before they break it and stared into each other’s eyes.

 

Krystal put her head onto Amber’s chest, embracing her waist as she confessed,

 

 

 

“I love you so much,”

 

 

 

And the handsome gladly replied with her calm tone,

 

 

 

“I love you even more, Krystal,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                             -THE END-