DUA PULUH DUA

I'm a Hapless

Author's POV

 

"For these children, this place is their home. And for me, they are my home," stated Amber, smiling at the women in front of her. "Mind to tell me why I need to sign in with your label? Because this is charity investment, not much profit at all actually," 

 

Victoria took a glimpse at her junior before smiled hesitantly. 

"There will be good thing for us, I mean for the future of our generations, Ms. Liu. Regards from your participation, we can attract more people to log into our bank, where 0.7 percent from their savings will be automatically donated to your foundation. For me, it would be such a great chance for us, to save money, investing and also in the meantime, distribute to the needs. A whole perfect package for our modern life, isnt it?" 

 

Amber clapped proudly when Victoria finished her words. "True, you got a point here, Ms. Song Qian. I cant judge or underestimate you for that spectacular reason. I never imagine this whole investment thing would be better with this kind of idea. Thank you," 

The white-skinned woman bowed then, with a big and wide smile. She secretly smirked at Krystal who had been watching and listening to them since a moment ago. 

 

"You see here, Amber. I got myself a good senior even though she can be the pain in my sometimes," Krystal finally opened . That's made the eldest's eye widen in surprise meanwhile the handsome face giggled-almost laughing. 

 

"Excuse me Miss Korea, who is actually 'the pain in my ' huh? Who bugs me around for advance monthly bonus? Who assigns you to be in 'my' special team'? Who was it that... kind and nice woman that just take you to be my loyal partner???" asked Victoria, glaring. "Senile ice princess and that is only you, Jung Soo Jung," 

 

Both Amber and Krystal laughed when they watched how annoying Victoria look was. 

 

"Now its clearly explain that both of you are good partners. Even laughing at something not funny, you two can be so synchronized," Victoria nagged as she scoffed. "Oh my, oh my, did I just frown ??? I will get wrinkle at my forehead! Its your fault Soojungie!" 

 

Amber laughed even more louder. 

 

"Not my fault, please. You talked a lot and its all yours to blame, unnie. You deserve it," replied Krystal in her flat tone. She looked at Amber then. "I'm sorry for this crazy woman, Amber," 

 

Amber stopped her laugh, shaking her head and grinned. "Nah, its fine. I like Ms. Song Qian here. Her sense of humor is good," 

 

Victoria ignored the conversation between Amber and Krystal as she focused on her face, afraid the tense will effect it. 

 

"So..." Amber muttered. "I'm on then, Krys. Tell your board director, Royal Charity House approved to invest in your label and welcoming a good partnership from all of you," 

Krystal was so happy and delighted to hear the decision. Out from her awareness, she threw her arms around Amber's broad shoulders and hugged them tightly. 

 

"Thank you Amber! You made my job easier after this!!!" she claimed with her full excitement tone. 

 

Slightly smiled, she hugged her best friend back, replying, 

 

"Honor to me too, Krys," 

 

Then, they released the hug and looked at each in the eyes. 

 

Not knowing why, Krystal felt the heat rushed to her face when she caught the stare from her old best friend. With both her arms still around Amber's shoulder, and their close distance,the pretty lady was out from her mind for a second, wondering what feeling it is that she's experiencing there on the moment. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Krys?" the deep voice finally break her blank state. She immediately free her arms then and pretended to look away. 

 

"I thought my friend already reached Pluto," joked Amber. She gently tapped Krystal's head, smiling. 

"I'm hungry now, Krys. Lets see what they have in the cafe?" 

 

She tried hard to control her emotion so despite of replying with a word, Krystal only nod as response. 

 

"Okay then," said Amber. She shifted to the other woman and chuckled again. "Ms. Song Qian, you're still beautiful no matter how much wrinkle you've got. Trust me, true person who loves you will always appreciate your inside beauty, rather than your appealing charms," she added. 

 

Victoria kept back the small mirror and looked at the tomboy. She exhaled and inhaled continuosly before closing her eyes and murmured, "Victoria Song Qian, no tense, no wrinkle," 

"Yes, no tense no wrinkle," Amber mimicked Victoria. 

 

"Okay, thank you again for your kindness, Ms. Liu. Mr. Lee was right about you, well, not including the part where he said you are a guy and I apologized for that. I will inform him this great news as soon as possible and sorry to be a little late to welcome you as one of our big investor this year," explained Victoria, bowing. She elbowed Krystal who stood there like a statue, signalling her to bow too and at the end, she followed without hesitance. 

 

Amber slightly bowed back a little. 

 

"Most welcome from me then, Ms. Song Qian and Ms. Jung," 

 

And Krystal captured once again the pure smile from her friend which made her heart flutter without any reason. 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

She tossed her slim body around the smooth mattress. Staring up at the white ceiling, blinking for hundred times already while the thoughts ran in her mind. 

 

I am insane? Why Amber's face keep appearing?

 

Then, she rose up from the bed, and shifted to sitting position. 

 

Is this... really... the sign of... 

 

I like her???

 

Awared of her own guess, Krystal covered , with a wide eyes. She tried not to scream out what she had thought. Shaking her head left to the right and right back to left vigorously, she laid back down on the bed. 

 

Okay, come think of it, Krystal. 10 years ago, she didnt make you go insane like this. She just Amber, your best friend. And 10 years ago, your heart belonged to Myunsoo, your current fiance!

 

Unfortunately, the 'other' voice inside herself echoed clearly, "Krystal, you never like Myungsoo that way. You love him because he nice to you. And now, he's changed so does you," 

 

Me? Changed? 

 

The voice replied, "You're never love him, Krystal. It is because the sake of 10 years relationship, you stay. You've been playing around and fooling yourself for all these years, and surely gain nothing. Can you realize when Amber is back, she brought again your bright and cheerful character? She made you smile like you never been. Her pure and sincerity from the beginning had already attracted you but she just a little bit late in confession and you didnt give a chance," 

 

Krystal frowned confusedly as she digested what the whole thing means. When she understands, the young woman released a heavy sigh and tried to calm herself. The miserable feelings caught her so deep, until she cant even recognise what situation she's in. 

 

Maybe, because Amber had nothing back then, and I didnt look at her that way. But now, she has everything that people dream of. Wealth, good appearance, kindness, and... Mina, the special girl in her heart. Maybe I like her for that. Not more than a thing before, right? 

 

Her other self appeared again, 

 

"You need to figure it out by yourself, Krystal. Dont be too late, because time determined everything and you cant turn back once you make a mistake. Myungsoo didnt own your heart for now, and its not too late to clarify everything to him. And for Amber, you're her past and Mina is her present but it doesnt mean you cant be her future. Just stop fooling and torturing yourself, Krystal. It will be more suffocating than you ever imagine," 

 

Then, she left the bed and walked to the vanity table, staring at her own reflection on the mirror. 

 

 

Does this mean....... I love Amber? That.... way?

 

 

Like a magic tale, she saw her another self there, talking to her and watching her straight in the eyes. 

 

 

"Yes, Krystal. You're always love Amber that way," 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

(Listening to Because of You by After School) 

 

Weather of the morning was good, and since its weekend Amber and her girlfriend decided to spend some time together at the penthouse. Cooking in the kitchen, doing house chores, eating and talking about random stuff and when the night came, they watched a great nice movie inside the master bedroom, cuddled close to each other. 

 

But, the next morning, something had emerged between them when Mina got a call from her brother, confirmed about Mr. Myoui's arrival in South Korea. 

 

Mina urged herself to be calm as much as she can as she knew, the father, who disowned her two years ago suddenly came and she wondered what is his real attention. 

She stared at Amber's face, who is sitting in front of her, while looking deep into her eyes. 

 

 

"Everything's gonna be alright, baby. Dont worry cause I'm not going anywhere, I'm here with you," told Amber. 

 

Mina didnt know to do so she gently put her head on the later's chest, listening to her calm heartbeat and embraced her arms around Amber's waist. 

 

 

"Whatever happen, I just want you to know that I love you, Amber," replied Mina weakly. She closed her eyes and tighten the hug while inhaling the boyish's scent. Deeply inside, she prays, its not their last embrace even though she can feel, something will go wrong with her father's presence. 

 

 

Amber kissed her girlfriend's upper head and caressed the beautiful hair smoothly. 

 

"I love you too, Mina," she muttered, letting her body being hugged by the younger woman as long as she wants. 

 

 

Afraid of losing Mina in her life, Amber also prayed secretly. 

 

 

God, I dont have anyone who will love me like Mina did. So please, let us be together in this life because she complete me. Just for this once, grant my wish, my Lord... 

 

I cant have Krystal from my past so please let me have Mina for now... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________

Intermission ;)