TIGA PULUH SEMBILAN

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to Ending Page by f(x))

 

 

Sometimes, there's a moment we wish could never happen.

A moment when we feel its better to not to live, when loneliness surrounded.

And a moment where we face the inevitable truth.

 

The thing was we thought its maybe better if we die rather than living with pains.

 

 

 

 

"I wont say goodbye, never," said Krystal as she spotted Amber inside her office, busily putting her stuff into a box.

 

She shifted her body around and found her best friend is standing at the door, with face full of tears. 

 

"Krys..."

 

"Running away? Again?" Krystal blurted, holding her cries.

 

Out of words, Amber just can stared at her sadly. She continued what she's been doing and tried hard to ignore the pretty's existance.

 

 

"Why you're hurting me like this, Amber? You know its hurts, its hurts a lot that I'm not sure what I'm feeling at all..." she confessed between her sobs.

"Why you're leaving when I love you, why you push me away when I want you..."

 

 

Krystal walked to Amber and gently hugged her from behind. Letting the later's shirt soaking wet with her tears, Krystal shutted her eyes very tight, putting all the feelings she's been into the embrace.

 

"Dont go Amber. Please..." she cried.

"Dont hate me because of what happen around you. Everyone can leave you but I wont. I swear I wont ever leave your side..."

 

Amber wanted to hear those words for such long time ago. But she fights herself to give in. Releasing her body away from Krystal's, Amber in her mute mode cried silently.

 

"We promised..." she paused,

"To end everything once we get back here, Krys. See what I've done. I've hurt so many people, including you,"

She turned around, and glanced Krystal through her deep eyes.

 

"Knowing you, loving you is the best thing ever happen in my life, Soojung," her own tears ran heavily at her cheeks. She sniffed and gently reached the later's hands and gripped them with hers.

 

"Helmoni was right about you. She said, we both fit well. I love you and you love me,"

 

Krystal caressed Amber's jaw, asking,

"Then why you still leaving? Stay here and let's live together,"

 

The handsome girl shakes her head in deny. "No, Krys, we can't do that,"

 

"Amber, why?" tears building up again.

"You didnt love me anymore?"

 

"No, as long as I'm breathing, there's love for you,"

 

Krystal looked into the eyes, searching what's she thinking on that moment.

"Give in, then. Give yourself to be loved,"

 

 

Amber just forced a smile.

 

 

"Had," she replied.

"I had give in twice in my life, Krys. Now, I'm not sure to give in again for another chance," she carressed Krystal's cheek lovingly.

 

"If we destined to each other, I'll come back to you,"

 

The later's tears ran heavily once again as she heard Amber.

 

"Now be a good girl, okay? Remember you said to me you wanted to be a good wife and caring mother? Myungsoo is nice man, Krystal. He will make you happy. I dont have doubt on my best buddy," Amber stated while the long-hair sofly with her hands.

 

"Our story is always about friendship, Krys. I love more to be called as your friend," she calmly confessed although she's breaking inside.

 

 

"Goodbye for now, my first love,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

The black SUV speeding up to the main airport of South Korea, as the owner sitting peacefully at the backseat alone.

She stared at everything that passed by on the road.

 

The skyscrapers, the rows of shophouses, the beautiful garden of the city and the strangers, the people of the place where she spent all her childhood days.

It felt just like yesterday, her grandfather's personal assistant, Uncle Choi Fan appeared at the hospital and take her back to their homeland.

And when the man passed away from heart attack, Amber's world keep changing.

She takes all the late Choi Fan's words for granted and still able to mentally imagining the way he slipped out the advices in his gentleman tone.

 

"People dies and born everyday, Amber. Yes we attach to each other as human being but kiddo, we separated by our own death. You want to know what's still live even though we're breathless?"

 

The young Amber shakes her head.

 

"Love will always live. It will take you to the right path and love will always win at the end,"

 

"Uncle Choi Fan, I suffered because of love and now still even suffering from that. In which way you see, there's always love at the end?" Amber monologued.

 

Her daydream broke when she feels the vehicle was slowing down and stop motioning. So she asked the driver, frowning,

 

"What's wrong, Mr. Jang? There's engine problem?"

 

The man was hesitated to reply so instead of answering, he ignored the boss and get out from his driver place. Later, he ran to the Amber's seat door and opened it wide.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Ms. Liu. But I'm just following the 'other boss lady''s order. She asked me to drop you here first," told Mr. Jang, showing his apologetic look.

 

"Oh," Amber murmured. "What she want me to do at this...." the moment her feet touch the ground, Amber was stunned as the entrance of the building caught her attention.

 

It is her old school.

 

Mr. Jang bowed politely then, "Ms. Jessica said she wanted to spend little time before you depart to Taiwan, Ms. Liu. She's already there, in the hall,"

 

"Okay..." Amber shortly said.

"What's to do here in my old school anyway? Can she just say goodbye at the airport? Save time and energy, apparently,"

 

The drive guy just smiled at his employer.

 

 

Clueless, the boyish figure walked through the school's entrance as her eyes roamed around to reminisce some old days she had, at the poor and the skinny Amber that mostly quiet and struggled a lot in her previous life.

The first block, was her classroom, at the third floor.

The school's field was her second favorite place after the 'secret garden' where she went there to fly kites with the little Chaeyoung.

Amber smiled, reenacted how cute the girl was and now she's already a big girl.

 

She stopped her walk at the moment she saw one familiar person, who was standing in the middle of the hallway to the infirmary or more precisely to describe, the spot where she confessed to her first love, Krystal.

 

"This was the place, right?" the person asked. "You said you love her and laeter I came in between,"

 

Amber is still sticks at her current spot when Myungsoo slowly directed himself toward her. They exchanged stares and Myungsoo calmly smiled but his former basketball- mate, maintain in her blank state.

He touched Amber's right shoulder with his strong left-hand then.

"You were right, Ber. I had the luck because I was an hour faster than you before your confession. I was lucky and thanks to your delay," he said.

"I had make she likes me in person. I had try to love her the best, to make her as my dream come true. I had done all of that for 10 years and I say it will never be a regret,"

 

He stared at Amber's eyes deeply.

 

"My regret now was I had wasted her time with me. Her everything isnt me, Amber. Her love for me is temporary but I'd found out that she loves you and will do that eternally," Myungsoo pointed at the later.

"Who say I deserve her after she's been patience with me 10 years long but not happy? Who say she's mine after she did best as my girlfriend and my fiance but ended up disappointed because I was into my carrer much, but not into her?"

 

Amber didnt able to say anything and trying to figure out what's the motive of her friend on that moment.

 

"Thanks Amber. I was so happy becoming her boyfriend for these 10 years because of you. Thank you for leaving your best friend for the sake of our friendship. Thank you for coming back and thank you for still thinking me as your old friend even though you've been hurt so many times,"

Myungsoo slightly moved from his state to give Amber a glimpse on other person who is standing at his back.

 

At that time, Krystal's beautiful figure caught Amber's eyes.

 

"Now I'm giving back to you what you should have for 10 years ago, my friend. No one can make her happy like you does. You love her for 10 years and I'm sure you can love her for hundred years more. Go Amber, go confess again and live it for your love," Myungsoo ended his word with a smile and casually walked away.

 

Leaving both of them at the corridor with the silence embrance them.

 

(Playing I Believe by Younha)

 

Step by step as she takes, Krystal eventually approached the taller figure, with tears and smiles at the same time on her flawless face.

 

"I had said nothing when you confessed, right?"

 

Amber's feelings mixed up, her heart flutters as the pretty woman stood in front of her eyes and giving her the sweetest smile ever.

 

"I---I--, Krys---I," Amber stuttered to confess once again. Like something choking in , she wonders why its very difficult in that moment to express what she feels whereas she possibly managed to confess 10 years ago.

Before she have anything more to further, Krystal went fast enough pulling Amber's face towards her and kissed her lips passionately.

 

"Wohooooooo!!!!!" the sudden cheers from Kris, Jessica, Chaeyoung, Hayoung, Namjoo, LE, Henry  and Mr Jang, where they're looking at them not far away had startled the two.

Myungsoo also laughed as his clapped happily.

 

"Whoa, you threw a party for this???" Amber asked, smiling.

The angel just nod her head. 

 

"I want this moment to be special for us. With our loved and closest ones," told Krystal.

Amber glanced at her, shaking her head.

"Unbelievable. I'm feeling like dreaming,"

 

As she heard those claim, Krystal put her soft hands on Amber's face, caressing it with her lovely stare.

"No, Amber, you're not dreaming. Its true, we're here and yes, I accept your love,"

"Still want to leave?"

 

 

The tomboy fake a serious face for a while.

 

 

"Yes, and I'll take you with me!" Amber shouted as she hugged Krystal's tiny body and lifted her in the air.

Krystal laughed uncontrollably as the boyish spinned around playfully while she's hugging the broad shoulders tight with her arms.

 

As when she put Krystal down and released from her embrance, Amber looked at her friends, talking out loud,

 

"Thank you!"

 

 

"You're welcome!!!" they shouted back at her.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Helmoni, why you still think Krystal and me could be together?"

 

"Because she loves you too, dear. This time, she's not yet ready for yours. Two of you are still young and there's lots coming to learn and to experience them all. Wise men say, destiny brings love together but I dont really believe it,"

 

"Why? Why of that?"

 

 

"Love which is actually brings destiny together, my child,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________

 

Thankssss you alllll :)

 

*Dancing crazily in my own room because I just finished this story officially!!!*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Err everyone,

 

probably not yet. This is not the end like what I imagined.

 

Can I add some epilogue to make it beautifully end?

 

 

RYAI.