SEBELAS

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to When the Cherry Blossoms Fade by I.0.I) 

Author's POV 

It's been a busy week for both young Amber and Krystal. Right after school they will head straight to the public library and it is where Krystal teaches her friend about studies. 

Sometimes, the boyish secretly take a glimpse on the beautiful face, cant stop admiring how perfect the girl is. She told herself she needs patience, until the exam is done and it will be the time for real confession. 

 

"You know its kinda creepy when you're studying history of World War II and you're smiling. Where's the funny part, Amber?" Krystal asked straight as she watched Amber's blank expression. 

 

"O-oh... I was just having a throwback of super hilarious memory, Krys. Nothing much," she answered and focused back on the text book. 

 

"Hhh... I can say I'm proud of you so far, really. You've passed all the tests with such a great marks, you're apart the  victory of school's basketball and you're getting better in everything from what can I see. But there's one particular thing that I wonder, what is the matter with you lately, Amber? Explain to me why when you're zone out, it is always the same smile and grin you have at your face huh?" 

 

Amber was totally speechless at the moment as they exhanged looks. Krystal raised her eyebrow. "I am talking to the Empire State of Building now?" 

 

"Aish, Krys. You and your overthinking attitude sometimes beyond too much. Its sure nothing," the short-hair avoided her friend's stare as she turned to another page of the text book. 

 

 

Krystal eyed the figure curiously. "If you say so..." 

 

 

 

*** 

 

The moment he caught Amber's figure at her locker, Kris rapidly fasten his walk and approached the tomboy. She almost scream in surprise when the boy tapped her back. 

 

"Gosh! You make me feel wanna die!" Amber cursed as she caressed her chest. "It was close though, haishhh..." 

 

"Ops, dont know you have a fainted heart, Ber. Well, sorry..." he apologised with hands clapped together. "You seems busy and always together with Krystal almost all the time. I'm not fun to be hangout anymore?" 

 

"Of course I am busy, because tomorrow is the beginning of exam week, Kris. Hangout would be the list after my last paper. What about you?" 

 

Kris laid his broad shoulder at the steel locker, responsed to the shorter person in front of him, "Study isnt my thing. I still can pass even though I do crap in exams. I believed to the fact that I was born to be a real basketball player so no need to worry about that, " 

 

"Whoah, sounds amazing for a smart guy like you," Amber interrupted him. " But at least put some effort, to prove that you're doing your job as a student," 

 

"Okay, Amber. That's so philosophy," and they both laughed.

 

"I will fly to China right after this term and I will enroll the sport academy there. So this is my final moment in this school. I would love to tell you that it was nice to know a magical player like you, Amber. I wish you can go with me and we're gonna excel together as an athlete,"

 

Amber cant hide a bit of sadness from the boy. Kris is so nice to her and she already imagined they would be the best buddies until college. Looking at the tomboy's expression, Kris let out a chuckle. He tapped Amber's shoulder a few times and added, 

"But I will visit you sometimes, for sure. Dont be sad and man up, okay?" 

 

Amber just nods her head. "You're such a great pal, man. You're even cooler than Myungsoo," 

 

"Haha, that's the fact, I cant deny," Kris laughed again. 

"But I've got something to tell you anyway," 

 

Amber frowned then, asking, "Something? What is it?" 

 

"I want you to remember that friendship is better than any other relationship. My dad used to tell me he had a big crush on his friend and for the sake of their good terms of friendship, he didnt confess. He said he was afraid that he might lose that best friend of him. Friends can last forever but couple can break over. Just assume this as an advice, a precious one for you, buddy. I dont want you to get hurt," Kris explained, sounds too concern about his basketball mate. 

 

 

"Wait, I dont understand. Why you said all of these to me?" the girl questioned him, definitely confused for a moment. 

 

Kris just flashed a meaningful smile. 

 

"You will understand when the real time comes, Ber," Kris replied. "I have class now, gotta go okay?" he continued and started to walk away. Before he was far, he managed to turn back and look at Amber again, saying, 

 

 

 

 

 

"My dad's crush is my mom," 

 

 

 

 

Then he grinned playfully.