EMPAT PULUH

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to Closer by Oh My Girl)

 

Author POV 

 

For us,  it is an happy ending. But for the newly couple, it's just the beginning of them. 

The beginning of their own love story. 

A year later, Amber decided, she should propose Krystal and get them married legally in states.

She thought, marrying her will be perfect. Her long-time dream to own a family, will be achieved once they've been announced as wifes. 

She began to plan the good lifetime that she wished long time ago.  

So she did.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I prefer hot coffee over chocolate, "Amber said, greeting her wife, peeking over her shoulder. "But because you made it special, can't wait to try," 

Krystal who still concentrating in the drink-making stopped and shifted her face to her right side, meeting Amber's eye smile. "Hmmh?" 

"Coffee? Well I can make it either, if you want, " 

 

The handsome just slightly shake her head as she reached the mug and sipped the drink slowly. Still smiling, Amber then pecked Krystal's lips in instant. "Coffee or chocolate, if come from you,  I'm sure it would be the best think ever to start my morning. I'll have it to the fullest, I swear, " 

 

"Oh well, I'll take that as compliment and will try to perfect your procaffeinating tomorrow, is that okay,  my hubby?" 

 

"Hubby? Not adequate to describe me, " Amber mumbled, reaching the slices of the loaf. She munched and added casually, "If I'm hubby then you must be wifey, so you say?" 

 

"I don't mind at all. Wife or husband, you are officially my...urm timeless life partner," 

 

"Life partner sounds nice, "Amber replied short. She grinned afterward  "Like we will be bound together forever, "

 

The feelings keep blossoming through their eyes, through their deep stares and through their smiles. Amber pulled Krystal's head on her chest, enveloping her long arms around the latter's body. 

 

"You can call me anything but I will always call you mine, " 

 

Krystal let out a small chuckle as she tightened their hug. 

 

"I love you hubby, " she whispered.  

 

 

"Love you here too wifey," 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"It's beautiful house, near the lake,  just like in my dream when I was a child, Hayoungie, "told Amber to her assistant,  hand holding close with her wife's. "If my day too rough and difficult to handle, fishing or kayaking might enlighten them all.  So, wifey what do you think?" 

Both Amber and Hayoung changed their attention to the other woman, waiting for her answer. 

 

"Well..." she murmured, pursuing her lips which Amber found it quite cute to see. "Your dream is mine too, Amber. As long as you're happy, I'm totally fine with it, " she replied and flashed them her pretty smile. 

 

"Amber-sshi taste in home design and interior will never disappoint us, Krystal unnie. I'm hundred percent sure, you're going to love every inch of this house. Looking forward for next happy news from both of you too," Hayoung said in her calm voice. "Home is like our heaven, isn't it true?"

The boyish nodded, showing her agreement. Gently squeeze the wife's fingers, Amber came to add Hayoung's word, "My wife is my heaven, Hayoungie. Home can be replaced but this amazing lady beside me, can't find it anywhere," and she winked at Krystal before exchanged playful smiles with the secretary. 

 

"You heard that, Hayoung-sshi. This llama is very cheesy. Try to imagine she's gonna talk to me like that for our whole time together, I could just be gag. Do you believe it?" Krystal pretended to be annoy. And she can't help to laugh as Amber scrunched her face horribly.  

 

"Yeah, yeah, be strong cause you're going to stay with me forever, Krystal. And hey, Hayoung did think I'm romantic person. Kris and Jessica said that too. Why only you objectify huh???" she pouted. 

 

"Omo, my husband acting cute suddenly. See that Hayoung?!" 

 

And the women giggled when Amber rolled her eyes annoyingly. 

 

"The pain of having your best friend as your love, what else can I do... " Amber joked. She pinched Krystal's cheek, giving her warm smile that made the long hair woman's heart flutters more. 

 

 

 

"And Hayoung, my...special private-space, had you check over?" 

 

The tall lady shake down her head spontaneously as she passed Amber the booklet from the file. "Yes, sound proof just like what you asked for. I talked with the designer,  his crew will proceed next to mini court and the Jacuzzi. There's something else you want to include too?"

 

Amber stared at her beautiful woman. "Anything you want to add in,  Krys? I hope you have, because this house is ours. Let's make it memorable in every spaces we own, "  

 

"Please don't hire any maid. I want to serve you, only me can do that, no one else, "Krystal snorted out. 

 

"No maid? This house is huge, Krys. We can't make it clean and clear 24 hours when there's only two of us living in. And correction, you are not my servant. You are my wife," 

 

 

"Oh Amber, I didn't say I want to be your servant. When I say serving, it's about wife's duty to serve you your needs. My service don't have any relation with slavery, noted that," 

 

 

"Oh...  I see... " Amber murmured and then delivered her sudden thoughts, "Your job?What about your job? Morning will be at your workplace until evening, gosh you're going to be so exhausted, Soo Jung," 

 

That's  a moment when Krystal gave Hayoung a signal to leave them alone for a while.  

 

"I'm going back for office,  Amber-sshi. So glad to be assisting you for this wonderful place. See you later, "she bowed to them politely before heading toward the main door.  

 

 

The brunette shifted her face at the latter, cupping her jaw. 

"I resigned from my work, Amber. Now I'm at all the time for you, " informed Krystal as she looked straight into her 'hubby's eyes. "I'm going to be home 24 hours, 7 days for every week and for the rest of my life. I'm going to stick with you till the end of my breath, "

 

"Krys.." Amber tried to intrude but was stopped when the latter put her finger at her lips, shutting her from furthering. 

 

"We took an oath in front of the priest before, right hubby? Through good and bad, through rain and storm, through hard and easy,  I'll stay for you. So here it is, I will spend my life as your wife and it's been every wife's responsibility to make their loved ones happy. Will you let me do all of that?" 

 

Reaching for the shorter woman's hands on her face, Amber brings them down before kissing the palms smoothly. 

 

"As long as you're happy, I will let you do that, Krystal," Amber said in her deep voice.  "You're here so nothing to worry, " 

 

"You will enjoy my home made cooking, you will sleep beside me every night, we will wake up together and we will stay like this until our hairs turn grey. These, are my will,  Amber, " 

 

Nodding, she kissed Krystal's right eyebrow before uttering,  

 

 

"Yes my queen let's love and live till the end of the world, " 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Tuesdays With Morrie, my favorite book, " Amber said as she showed her wife the novel by Mitch Albom. "His famous quote in this story is 'when you learn how to die,  you will learn how to live'. Pretty interesting isn't it?" 

 

"Powerful quote, can't deny that. However,  since when you've become bookworm? Last time I checked, it was even hard to make your eyes focus for our revision," Krystal commented while slipping through the pages of the book owned by her hubby.  

"The private space you discussed with your assistant, is it here? Look more alike mini library for me, "

 

"Herm, more like an inspiration place for me, Krys. I can spend time here reading, writing, thinking and composing lyrics," 

 

"If that's so, why you let me in? Should be private so must be you only then, " 

 

"You already 'invaded' my privacy. Remember what we did last night?" Amber teased, playfully lifting get eyebrows. "When I talk about privacy, it always be me and you, wife," 

 

Krystal's face getting a little bit red and her cheeks went to rosy color. "Aish you're so greasy, " 

 

"Yes I am, madamè," the hubby teased more whispering into her ears, "Tonight? Let's do it again?" 

 

"No, let's do it next week. It's hurts a lot" she said, embarrassed with Amber's keen stare. 

 

"What??? Why hurts? Sleeping beside me hurts??? Really Soojung???" 

 

"Yah," 

 

"What?" 

 

"Aish this is... " 

 

Amber laughed at Krystal's shy side. Kissing her wife's chin with the fast of speed, Amber made their eyes on each other again. 

"You're so beautiful, Krys. I'm lucky to have you, " 

 

Biting her lips, Krystal playfully hits Amber's flat chest and tried to look away. 

 

"Hey, why you're shy? We did it so many times Krys. You're even left quite a great scar on my shoulder," 

 

The wife was surprised with Amber, she looked at the latter, disbelief. 

"Is that necessary to say?" 

 

Amber just grinned showing her white teeth as response. 

 

"Idiot, " Krystal squinted her eyes. 

 

"Aww you're so cute..." 

 

"Cute your ," 

 

"Yeah my is cute, thanks, "

 

Krystal only able to groan in annoyance as Amber still looking at her, teasing with her playful mode. Roughly turning the page over, she muttered,  "I found your new side now. Greasy and ert," 

Chuckling, Amber pinched Krystal's cheek once again. 

"Aigoo, you cutie. Chill, I love seeing your pouty face,  where I can find some huh? Not in jungle and impossible in my office of course,"

"Let's eat beef steak tonight? My treat," 

 

The wife glanced at Amber with her small eyes. "Are you trying to coax me?

 

"No. What I must to do that anyway? Are you sulky???"

 

"Haizzz... Senseless llama.. " 

 

The handsome face smiled while eyeing her wife's face. She closed the books and pulled Krystal's hand, making their distance get closer. "Are you happy with Krys? I wonder how is your feeling because you keep saying you want to make me happy. I dont even ask about yours,"

 

Sighing a bit, the woman replied, "My happiness is you, Amber. What else I need if I have you in my life? You complete me in every matter, in every second of time,"

 

"You do?"

 

"Yes I do,"

 

"You will do anything if I ask you?"

 

Krystal nodded her head un-hesitantly.

 

"So... then, please make me happy now," Amber said with her low yet deep voice, gently gave her wife a gentle kiss on the cheek.

 

As when their eyes met, Krystal can see the burning desire of the latter's. She herself felt the sudden warm innerside.

 

Amber touched Krystal's lower lips with hers and slowly moved it, hands making their way to her torso, caressing up and down smoothly. She felt an outburst when Krystal's hand cupped her jaw, kissing her back as deep as she could.

The atmosphere getting warmer and their lips still savouring each other.

 

The boyish was the one who stopped and stared into her wife's eye.

 

 

"I love you, Krystal,"

 

The long-hair woman stared back into Amber's dark brown orbs, replying,

 

"Love you even more,"

 

Before she can even say further, Amber grabbed the tiny body and lifted her in bridal style.

 

"Show me how much you love me, wifey,"

 

And she walked to their master room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

"WHAT?" Jessica sternly said, looking at her half-sister with a frown. "You didnt ask her first, Soojung? Why? She might misunderstand you,"

 

"Its a surprise for her, unnie. Can you imagine how might her reaction will be? Must be so hilarious," Krystal laughed. "Plus, Amber quite busy lately. Chaeyoung's debut next week and she keeps bragging how worry she is. I'd just dont want to disturb that CEO,"

 

Jessica blew an amount of air, shaking her head at Krystal. "Whatever you wish,"

 

"I bet my dino friend will be so shocked and her nostril will get bigger if she ought to know this,"

"What a risky plan you got here, Soojung,"

 

Krystal put the salad that she chopped into the fridge and came back again to face the blonde woman. "Come on, unnie. Its not that big deal. I'm sure Amber will be the happiest person ever once she know this,"

 

"Yeah-yeah, because she loves you to the death and she can't say anything against you," Jessica mocked.

 

"Unnie," the younger woman glared at her.

 

"Okay-okay, I'm sorry," the artist apologized, laughing. "Cant even make a joke of her, yes? Phew, your love is totally awesome!" she thumbs up which made her younger sister laughed along.

 

 

"Grace upon us! What you ladies doing???" Kris shouted as he entered the spacious kitchen with his big smile. Placing the box right onto the counter island, he glanced at his girlfriend then, saying, "Amber likes chocolate, isnt she? I spent almost an hour to choose the best cake, you know," 

 

Jessica pointed at Krystal, "Here, ask her wife for further confirmation. So far that I know, Amber eats everything, minus stone and wood,"

 

Kris chuckled before shifting her eyes toward her future sister in law, "She's okay with chocolate favour? Please, Krystal-nim, this is the best option ever,"

 

The youngest among them just smile and nod instead of speaking a voice.

 

"Cool," Kris sighed in relief.

 

That moment, Jessica accidentally glanced Krystal's cellphone and read the popped out notification. Her eyes widen as she told what just Hayoung texted to Krystal,

 

"Soojung! She's on her way back home!!! Hayoung said she left the office 15 minutes ago!!!"

 

 

"WHAT??? OH NO NO NO!!!" the house wife screamed in panic as she quickly cut the caramel pudding and then putting them into the other plate. "Unnie, please put the candle on the cake! Oppa check the living room! We dont have so much time left!"

 

The couple rushed with Krystal's order without any objection.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber stepped into her penthouse entrance with Hayoung by her side.

"Today is my birthday Hayoung and my wife want us to celebrate outside but her senile brain forgot her expensive i-phone. Wait her for a moment okay, I will take her stuff and we'll go together afterward," Amber managed to leave her loyal secretary a message while putting off her shoes and walked into the dark living room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Surprise!!!!!!!"

 

 

She had been glued in the spot a moment. The cheerful and bright faces of all the people in the space made her went speechless.

 

 

Hayoung approched her boss with her wide smile then.

"They are all here, Amber-sshi. Thanks to the party planner, your wife, we all can be here to celebrate,"

 

 

"Wh-wha..." Amber's stutter made the whole room laughed at her.

 

 

Krystal walked to her hubby, holding her birthday while curving the beautiful smile in her lips.

"Happy birthday, Amber. I wish you a very long-life and may happiness be around you all the time. I love you so much," she wished.

 

Amber just looked at her wife, eyes went teary.

 

"You smart brain, trying to fool me huh?"

 

"I had fool you, llama," Krystal sticked out her tongue and made Amber chuckled in response.

The tomboy figure blew the candles happily and then pecked Krystal's lips with smile.

 

"Aww, that's sweet, both of you. But I'm here starving to death okay," Chaeyoung intruded, faking a pout as their circle of friends approached Amber closer. 

 

"Happy birthday, Amber my buddy," Myungsoo said, tapping her shoulder and later Kris joined with Henry. "Yes, happy 26th birthday, mate," 

 

Then, its Jessica's turn. She rufflled Amber's short hair,

"You dino, better take care of my sister very well, okay? Now's she carrying a baby, you need to be less busy, understand that,"

 

 

 

"Oops," Jessica bite her tongue.

 

 

The silence emerged as she finished the word. Krystal mentally facepalmed herself, awared her sister just slipped out the surprise she wanted to say to her hubby that day.

 

 

"What do you mean here, Jess?" Amber showed her curious look.

 

The woman cleared and gave her sister an apologetic look.

 

 

"Err, Amber. I'm pregnant," claimed Krystal, hiding her nervous state.

 

 

"WHAT???" Amber's expression changed sternly. She eyed her wife straight without a blink.

 

 

Kris realized the sudden intense immediately interrupted to cool down the air,

 

"Alright everyone lets... enjoy ourself with the plenty of foods while my buddy here taking a few time with her lovely wife?"

 

"Y-yeah. I think that's good idea, oppa," Hayoung added as she felt awkward too. "Come on, Chaeyoung, Sica-unnie, Namjoo-unnie, and LE-unnie. So much food to catch,"

 

 

The crowd left them alone as they headed toward the other space.

 

 

"Amber, before you think of something else, let me say this clear," Krystal began to speak. She reached for Amber's right hand and gripped it with her own. "I'd joined the special program in Seoul Hospital three months ago. Those vomitting and feeling unwell were because I'm pregnant, Amber. Dont misunderstood, this baby is mine and yours, I'm doing it only for you,"

 

The handsome face watched her wife close.

Her heart getting heavy and the tears streamed down without her own will.

 

"You... dont need to do this for me, Krys," Amber tried hard holding her sobs. "You've done much,"

 

Krystal only smiled, eyeing her lover with teary eyes too.

Cupping Amber's crying face with her tiny palms, she made the taller figure tilted up and stared at her face,

 

 

"Nothing much to compare your love for me, Amber," she stated. "We're happy because we have each other, right? Your everything is mine. You gave me this wonderful place, for us to create memories. You still love me although I was someone else's, and you sacrified your feelings for our friendship. You've endured those painful things, all alone without me before. I want to thank you for everything you did that made me happy and deeply down I want to do something for you too,"

"I remember you had once told me when we're in school, you wish for good lifetime. You want the person you love will love you the same, you will build a very beautiful house near a lake and you wanted a child too. You have all of that instead of a child on your own,"

"I didnt tell or ask you first, because I know you will like this news. I'm carrying my child and yes, she's yours too,"

 

Amber smiled, "She?"

 

Her wife nodded.

 

She enveloped her arms around Krystal's body and kissed her forehead.

 

 

 

"Thanks, Krys," she closed her eyes. "Thank you so much,"