TIGA PULUH

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to Waiting for the End by Linkin Park) 

 

Young girl Chaeyoung stepped weakly into the studio as she put down her bag on the floor. She was so exhausted after the tuition and now she needs to get ready for dance routine. Later, the dance trainer came in and after the stretching phase, the practice started. 

 

"You did good so far, Chaeyoung. I want to see more power from you after this, okay? Those movements are sharp and fast so still, a lot of improvement you should work hard for," the trainer said to her, as 3 hours dance routine passed. 

"Yes, unnie. I will work harder, thank you for teaching me," she replied and bowed politely. The woman smiled and tapped her shoulder, "No wonder why CEO chose you. I think she only see you among hundreds of people who came to her before. I'm sure you will be a very successful idol, Chaeyoung so dont give up?" 

"Right, I will not give up, unnie," 

The woman grabbed a white towel and wiped her face gently. "I'm going now. You too, go get some sleep,"

Chaeyoung just shook as response and replied, "I'm staying here for a while. Need to review again the choreograph," 

Her dance trainer nodded and took her stuff before making her way out, leaving only the girl in the practice room. 

 

She was in the middle of dancing when a tall figure came in. 

 

"Its late, small bean," greeted Amber, standing at her trainee's reflection in the mirror with a smile. "Want to grab something to eat? I'm quite hungry," 

"Oh, unnie," Chaeyoung replied back, slightly bowed to the older person. 

"No need to be so awkward, Chaeyoungie. We're childhood friends, remember?" said Amber, chuckling. She approached the spot where the smooth sofa is located and took a seat. 

"I'll be waiting here. Go clean yourself. Let's have some fun can we?" 

Chaeyoung quickly apologized and answered, "O-oh, alright-alright. Sorry, unnie. I will take shower and within 15 minutes, I will come back," 

Amber nodded. 

 

The handsome face brought the small girl for a night walk after they finished dinner at the steamboat restaurant. 

"Want ice-cream?" asked Amber when she noticed a small stall at the street. 

"Unnie, I cant have it. I need to diet," Chaeyoung sadly said. "Last time I checked, my sugar level was quite high. I dont want to be fat or I cant debut," 

She laughed at the cute face of her small trainee. "Chaeyoungie, fat or not, talent is not based on that. You're skinny and you need to gain some weight. What the fitness coach said to you? Please eat well, I am right?" 


"But..." she tried to pout but Amber cut her by pullling her along, directed them towards the ice-cream parlor. "Yogurt flavour as usual huh?" she asked playfully. 

"I will blame you if I get fat," 

 

Even though, she's still young, she noticed Amber's restless state. Her right hand is holding the ice-cream- it deliciously but the other one was in the deep pocket. She knew, when Amber felt insecure or sad back then when she's a teenager, she would put both hands inside the pockets, just like how she's acting on that moment. 

"How's the dorm? Are you comfortable?" Amber questioned calmly. Chaeyoung the dessert and honestly confessed, "I'm still trying to adapt. All of the dancers are nice and kind to me. Its just I miss appa and omma so much," 

"Glad to know," the taller woman repled as she looked at that face. "I'm sure Mr. and Mrs. Son also missing you, small bean. You can go back at the weekend once a month. I can send you if you want," 

"Yoon Jung unnie was right. You're too kind, Amber unnie. This side of you is totally different from other CEOs," 

She turned away from the cutie and threw her sight at the Han River. 

"Your compliment is outrageous. It is because you're my only friend that stay with me up until now, so nothing more than that," 

"Krystal unnie? She's your best friend 10 years ago and now she still is," 

Amber's expression changed a little bit. She finished the ice-cream cone at last before watching Chaeyoung's flawless face again. "Yeah she's my bff and now she's getting married," 

"You made it sound that you didnt like her getting married," 

The tomboy stared at her and asked, "O-oh? Why of that? 

Chaeyoung muttered, 

"Jessica sunbaenim's song, I knew you were the one who wrote it. First friend and first love so what does that mean, unnie? Other than Krystal unnie, I cant think of someone else. Dont have to admit in front of me that you love her before, and even for now," 

She was out words to say and Amber went totally for deep silence. Then, she mumbled, "I am that obvious, Son Chaeyoung?" 

 

"For me, not really. I guess you're doing your best to be a friend and also, being someone who cant push away people who love you. You are afraid of losing, right?" 

 

"You talk like you're older than me," 

 

"I have such a good eye and sense," 

 

".........................." 

 

Chaeyoung looked straight at the face and suddenly flashed in her mind that Amber was hurt.

 "I talked a lot unnie, and I'm sorry..." 

She just sighed her smile and playfully pinched the girl's chubby cheek. 

 

"Enough with this adult talk and finish your cone please. Its getting cold here," 

 

"Alright boss and thanks for the treat," 

 

"Most welcome you small bean," 

 

 

 

***

Amber walked straight and when she reached the entrance of her office door, she stopped. She looked at the right side while furrowing her eyebrows together. 

 

"Who are you?" she asked at the tall lady whom quickly stood up as their eyes met. 

 

"Good morning, Ms. Liu. I'm Oh Hayoung, your new assistant," she did a polite bow, and introduced herself. "Mrs. Kim hired me before and she said you need someone to assist you with the documents and here I am," 

 

Amber just looked at Hayoung without a blink. To think of personally, the lady is so breath-taking in her eyes and when she heard of what she said, Amber nodded in agreement. 

"O-oh, I remember that," she muttered calmly. "Welcome to Cordel Entertainment, Ms. Oh Hayoung and I'm glad finally I have someone who can manage to help me. Looking forward to work with you then," Amber smiled. 

 

"Yes, very nice to meet you, Ms. Liu," Hayoung replied and shyly bowed again. "I will be seating here and ready to be inform with anything, Ms. Liu. I just received the offical call from the charity house that you should attend their ceremony tomorrow at Jeju Island. Here, I listed all the meetings and your schedule for this week," she managed to explain and hand Amber a piece of paper. 

The handsome face smiled in disbelief, "Not even a day with me, you did a great job already," 

 

Hayoung only response with a bow and a small smile, "Thank you, Ms. Liu," 

 

Amber read through the schedules and stared back at her new assistant. 

 

"Alright, so now you need to book 2 tickets to Jeju. Let's depart after lunchtime, is that okay?" 

 

Hayoung's expression showed a bit of confusion.  "2 tickets? You and who... else?" 

 

"Of course I must go with my assistant. Why? You're afraid to fly?" 

 

"Aaa... no-no.. I'm fine with it... its just... your girlfriend that Mrs. Kim told me, well... is she okay if I company you till there, Ms. Liu???" Hayoung's shaky voice made Amber chuckled. 

 

"She's professional. You dont need to worry," 

 

"Okay, Ms. Liu," Hayoung bowed again. "By the way, can I make some coffee for you?" 

 

"Wah, that's sound great for me, Ms. Secretary," Amber said with her bright face. "Yeah sure, please. I will be in my office," 

 

"Okay noted, Ms. Liu," when the boss ready to leave suddenly Hayoung blurted out spontaneously, "Ms. Liu, there's also a call from Ms. Jung this morning. She made an appointment to meet you for lunch today," 

 

"Ms. Jung? From?" 

 

Hayoung hesitated, "Errr--- sorry Ms. Liu, I forgot to ask that," 

 

"Jung Eunji? A singer?" 

 

"Eh no, she's not an artist," 

 

Amber looked at Hayoung, trying to think who it is. 

 

 

 

 

"O-oh, its my friend," she stated, already figured it out. "If she's here, call me in, Hayoung," 

 

The secretary nervously apologized and bowed. 

 

 

Like how the appoinment had made, Krystal reached the office right on lunchtime and was greeted by Hayoung, Amber's new assistant. 

"Ms. Jung?" 

 

Krystal nodded right away, "Yes, I made a call to you this morning. Is she there?" 

 

"I will tell Ms. Liu and please wait for a moment," Hayoung replied politely, referring to the reserved seats. 

 

Several minutes later, Amber in her black suit walked out from the door and greeted at her best friend with a bright smile. "Let's go?" 

 

"Jeez, I made an appointment just to have lunch with you. I think I am totally a sadist," Krystal said, faking sobs. Amber laughed at her face then. 

 

"Who ask you for huh?"

 

"Yah..." Krystal pouted. "I have so many things to catch up with you and I feel like I am going to scream out everything," 

 

The boyish glanced at her friend and gently grabbed Krystal's hand. "Okay, let's go find the best place for lunch okay? You're hungry or not?" 

 

"I'm starving," 

 

Amber cant help but to chuckle at Krystal's pouty face. She started to step out while holding the shorter woman's hand but managed to shifted her head towards Hayoung's desk. 

 

"Its lunchtime, Hayoung. Just leave it there. I bet there's no one would try to rob our office or steal our stuff," said Amber. 

 

"A-ah, okay sir, no I mean Ms. Liu. I will get going too. Please enjoy your lunch," she stuttered and bowed to both Krystal and Amber at the same time. 

 

"Okay, see you later," replied Amber and finally the duo left the space. 

 

Hayoung calmed herself as she awared her boss was out already. 

 

 

"I really thought she is so scary. Mrs. Kim Nam Joo was totally fooled me," she nagged to herself and a moment after, her figure also disappeared from the office room. 

 

 

 

***

 

Two best friends walked slowly along the busy streets. Sometimes they laughed at the salesmen who shout at each other, and trying to attract the people that passed by. 

 

"Remember my aunt Tiffany?" Krystal asked. 

 

"Yeah, your beautiful auntie," Amber replied back. 

 

"She's married now and has two children already. A girl and a boy," told the pretty woman. 

 

Amber showed her surprise look. "Really??? That's awesome. Someone nice like her, that guy must be very lucky," 

 

Krystal stopped her walk and stared at her friend. "Unfortunately, they separated two years ago. Her husband found someone else," 

 

"What..." Amber mumbled. She just saw how Krystal tucked her long hair behind her ears and placed herself on the stone bench. 

 

"That's why I told you, why I feel uneasy about marriage," 

 

Then Amber slowly joined her friend, sitting her and looked at the busy streets. "But somehow you have approved him," 

 

"I do and now I realized I cant marry him anymore," 

 

Amber stared at Krystal and asked, "Why, Krys? Myungsoo is such a good guy. He did tried everything to make you happy. Isnt the time when a man purpose a woman for marriage is the best thing ever?" 

 

Krystal didnt reply straight but she indeed she gave Amber a question, 

 

"And do you ask Mina for a marriage?" 

 

That made the boyish glued in her blank state. 

 

"I...didnt," she said slowly and turned her sight away from Krystal. 

 

"May I ask you why, Amber? Why you still didnt want to marry her?" 

 

The brunette's question was so hard to answer. She didnt dare to look at her in the eyes and despite of replying, Amber decided to stay in silence. 

 

 

"Amber, are we in the same position now?" Krystal tried to confess. "Are we... not approving them, because we share the same reason?" 

 

Still, Amber shutted tightly. 

 

"I dont know, Krys... I really dont know," finally she said. At the moment when she tilted up her face and met Krystal's sharp eyes, her expression changed. 

Krystal's tears caught her attention. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Amber, I cant marry him because I love you," 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________

 

Okay let me continue watch Goblin for a while. 

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing and more 'ing ing' this story. 

The next chapter also coming soon ^^ 

JUB JUB JUB

 

RYAI. 

 

(WHY THIS KIND OF BLUE MADE MY EYES HARD TO SEE)