SEPULUH

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to Like a Fool by Twice) 

 

Amber's POV 

 

I dont know what is wrong with this girl. She's staring at me just like a hungry wolf, waiting for a fresh meat to be eaten. Her sharp eyes give me a real goosebumps and for hundred times already, again I ask her, "What is it Krys?" 

She didnt reply but hissed. Definitely it is not the pretty Krystal that I knew. She ignored me and roughly closed the locker's door, left me dumbfounded of course. 

 

"Krystal, hey," I followed her from the back. "Dont mind tell me why I get this kind of treatment from you???" as she heard that, she stopped walking and turned at me. 

Again. That famous glare of her. 

 

"You deserve it," it was a short reply. But good enough to change the atmosphere between us. That answer made my eyebrows scrunched tightly in confusion. What does that mean? 

 

"I dont have a clue for what you just said," 

 

"It is because you're dumb and the most stupidiest human ever," 

 

"Hey, watch out your words!" 

 

"I can say whatever I want too!" 

 

"Aish, what's gotten into you, Krystal???" 

 

"You asks what's wrong with me, but you?! How about you? Dont know what you did yesterday?! You and your stupid basketball team-mates and so whatever just ruined my mood!" she screamed out to me. Other students who are passing by at the hallway are looking at us weirdly. 

"You promised I will be the one who celebrate the day with you. I'd even told my dad that we both gonna hang out until mid-night and you'd tell Helmoni that too. And what you did? Aren't you that forgetful to remember that you're back, and drunk??? Now, you know why you deserve this kind of treatment, Amber!" she ended her word and glared at me. 

 

I blew out a gulity sigh as I watch this girl's angry face. Yeah she was right, I made a promise to her and end up drinking with my basketball mates instead. I deserved to be mad at. 

 

"Krys, I-I'm sorry..." I tried to reach her but she slapped my hand away. "I am so sorry. I am sorry that I disappointed you. Yeah I'm a fool, totally a dumb like what you said but please forgive me. I swear I cant get myself out from them yesterday. Kris and Myungsoo dragged me and I thought we will just drink a little but at the end I went home, horribly drunk," I explained with my low voice. 

"I shouldnt join them at first, right? And now I've just made things even worse..." 

 

We both sank in a deep silence as I avoided her eyes. I looked at the shiny floor a while before I continued again, 

 

"I am sorry, Krystal. I promise that wont happen again," I'd expressed my guiltyness. Hoping that will cool her down. 

 

It takes a few minutes before her reply, 

 

 

"Thanks goodness your basket time is over, " I stared at her as she said that. "Or not I am going to kill you and your stupid mates," 

 

I curved a small smile to her. 

 

"You can just kill me now, Krys. I dont mind," 

 

"Dont be too happy because I'm still mad at you," she rolled her eyes, and that made me let out a chuckle. 

 

"Your angry face is horrible," I joked. "But also cute," 

 

She glared, "It is not funny, stupid," 

 

"Okay-okay, I am sorry. This stupid admits her mistakes and cant help with her foolishness. Instead of giving this stupid a bad treatment, what if she says she wants to redeem herself by taking you to her best secret place and cherish the lunchtime together?" 

 

 

 

I saw she tried hard not to smile. 

 

 

 

"Just smile if you want to, princess. I will look away," I playfully said to her. This girl smacked my head with the text book and made me winched in pain. I looked at her, astonished. 

 

 

 

"You are so stupid and annoying," 

 

"Aish, you're mean..." I complained while rubbing my sore head. "Seriously,Krys, it is hurts. Stop doing that or I might become more forgetful after this. And even can just forget how forgetful I am," 

 

Finally she laughed. 

 

"Is that laugh the sign of your forgiveness?" I tried to ask again. 

 

She nods. "Yes and that smack actually just redeemed your stupidity. Leave me again and its no joke, I will kill you with a blade for our seven incarnations," 

 

My eyes got wide at the statement. She laughed again and slightly ruffled my messy hair. 

 

 

 

"Let's cherish our lunchtime,llama-yah. I am hungry," she muttered and flashed a smile. It took me a moment to digest, that it was quite easy to please the angry Jung. She is not super-scary like what people always bug around. 

 

Yeah. My pretty friend actually is very kind and nice. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Did you zoned out, again?" 

 

I laughed in denial, "No, I was just thinking about you and your wise heart. What will I do if one day we will split ways and you're not around anymore to smack me for being stupid? I could be totally a mess," 

 

Her expression turned flat than usual. "Friends didnt joke around like that, Amber. Friends will always find a way to be together. No matter what happen, they will remain friends and last forever," Krystal's words sounds very firm. I bite my tounge then. 

 

"Well, Im sorry for being stupid again," I apologized. I brushed her long hair gently, while looking straight into her eyes. 

 

And I am thinking, is it the perfect time for me to say this? 

 

To tell her that I had fall for her kindness, her sweet smiles and her pure heart. 

 

Or can I just be straightforward instead?

 

To say that I love her so much? 

 

I put both my hands on her shoulders and pressed them as smooth that I can. I guess this deep stare of mine can make she focus on what's I'm going to say.

 

I wish, this is the time for her to know that I have feelings for her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"AMBER!!!" 

 

 

And again, my plan of confession had been distracted. I guess what Krystal think of me when I blew a sigh of disappointment. 

 

"Your lovely mate is calling for you, Amber. Go settle with him first because I'm gonna find myself a sandwich for lunch," Krystal spoke and I can sensed she is annoyed by my team mate who just called my name. She left and I turned around, watching the tall boy is happily running to me with his extra bright face. 

 

 

 

 

I will kick you , Kris Wu!I swear I am! 

 

 

 

***

Author's POV 

 

Amber was in a middle of tidying her tiny room as she heard Helmoni's voice outside, talking to someone. The fifteen years old girl grabbed her sweater and wore it in one through before walking herself out. 

In living room, she saw her guardian is hugging a long-haired girl. 

 

"Didnt tell me first about you coming over," Amber said, half-smiling.

 

"Oh come on, it is not my first time here, Amber. Besides, I miss Helmoni..." Krystal the girl  replied as she hugged Helmoni again. "And you, dont run away tonight because I am going to teach you Math," 

 

"God, I have work until ten, Ms. Krystal," the boyish commented as she shifted her look at the old woman. "Helmoni, tell this girl, I need to make money first and I am not going to be her Math student," 

 

"Amber, dont say like that to our guest, it is not nice. Krystal is here to visit me, and she's your best friend. Is that wrong if she volunteers to teach you Math? No, right? And the final exam is coming. I think that is a very good of you to focus more on studies," Helmoni tried to convince with her soft voice. She brushed Krystal's hair lovingly and added, 

"Good thing for you to know, Mr.Kim had agreed that you will be only available to work on the weekend, dear. That means on school days, you are freely to study with Krystal," 

 

"What? Why of this sudden agreement? Helmoni, you should ask me first before dealing with Mr. Kim," Amber's expression tensed. Krystal exchanged her awkward looks with both of them before she excused herself, 

 

"Uhm...I'm going to wait your room, okay?" 

 

Amber nods a little and stared at her Helmoni. The moment Krystal's figure disappeared from the space, she faced her guardian again. "Helmoni, how we are going to survive for daily expenses if I've just get to work on the weekend?" 

 

Madam Goo calmed the teenager with a small smile first. She sat on her wooden chair and asked Amber to sit along. She started to speak then, 

 

"Before I tell you this, I am going to apologize, Amber. It is not about me, but about your parents. The story of them that you're never know," 

The boyish girl waited the woman for another explanation as she questioned, "My parents? What's the relation between our topic and the story of them?" 

 

"Amber, you've been working so hard since your hands are so little that I can remember. You didnt play like other kids, spent most of your childhood at Mr.Kim's stall, and the time you knew that I'm sick, that was the worst moment in my life. Where I wish, you didnt understand because you're still a kid. I wanted to tell you I might not have so much time anymore, but I am too afraid to do that. Looking at your eyes, making me remember of how shiny your hopes were. You were left alone before you can even recognise the people around you. And being me, the only servant that witnessed all the sadness of your parents, I did not dare to lose your hope. By letting you assume that maybe earning money can gain your trust on me, I feel guilty about that and the reason is actually it cant cure my illness, Amber. You may raise tons of money, but when my real time come, nothing we can do..."

 

Amber's eyes get teary as she listened to her weak Helmoni. She sniffed back her running nose and muttered with a crack in her voice, "Dont say that you're give up, Helmoni. As long as I'm here, you're not going anywhere,"

 

"My sweet Amber is the best kid, like always," the woman smiled as she tears up too. "Your parents, might left you in existences but they didnt forget about your future, Amber. Before Jonathan, your brave father went for his military duty, he gave me his personal account number and did asked me to keep it until you're big enough to understand, money cant buy happiness but love, may conquer it all. I am pretty sure that my Amber is already learn all of that. I never touch the account book of your father gave me until the day you came and told me that you have a dream that you want to achive. Which the encounter of you and Krystal, and you begun to believe yourself that you deserve a life that other kids have. Started from that day, I know I can use the money that your father had left for. If you wonder how much, I can say it is uncountable. Maybe we both can spend it until I get to see you're married and have children. And my dear, I didnt use all your salary for my medicine, but I kept it half in that account. It is for you to remember how hard you had work to earn it," she explained and flashed a warm smile, again. 

"About me, you dont need to be so much worry, cause everything will be fine, dear..." 

 

 

Amber try to search a fine word to reply her Helmoni but she ended up sobbing hard. 

 

"I'm sorry Helmoni... I'm really sorry..." she started to cry. "I shouldnt say that to you before... I know you love me, and you did everything just because of me... Im sorry Helmoni... please forgive me..." 

 

 

Madam Goo caressed Amber's hair gently as she hugged Amber's skinny body. She closed her eyes and let the tears streaming down on her pale face. She felt ease at least because finally she managed to tell Amber the thing that she needs to know all this time.

 

Now I might be ease because I am still around with you, Amber. If one day I close my eyes, I wish there will be someone to take care of you and give a countless amount of love, so that you will feel to be needed. 

and My Lord, grant my wish, 

I want Krystal to be her next destiny... 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

I think this is fast update that I'd ever did, huhu ;) 

 

Wait for the next chapter and let's see what's gonna happen. 

 

 

Thanks for reading this story!