SATU

I'm a Hapless

Author POV 

 

"Amber, you should sleep early," the old woman said. "then you will not late for school again," 

When there's no reply, she let out a big sigh. She took a glance at the young girl. 

 

Is she really didnt deserve to live in this world? Why must she's the one who will getting through this hard life? If she is so worst, why she'd been sent to the Earth then? Why God? Why I have to confront and witness all of this? If you hear me, the mighty one, let me replace her. Let me took away her pain and pass it into mine.

And next. My pathetic kid will not cry anymore. My Amber will be a lively ordinary person.

 

 

"Helmoni, is that true, if we want to reach a sky, we must dream high?" Amber's voice broke the silence. She asked. even she already know the answer. Hoping the same thing wouldnt been say anymore by the old woman. She hoping for something different. Not just a 'hmm' as usual. 

 

 

"hmm.." but it turn out otherwise. Its still the similar reply. Amber felt pain in her chest.

 

 

 

 

 

"It's getting late, Amber. Go to sleep. You didnt want the discipline teacher to punish you again, right?" she said calmly. She touched Amber's hair and caressed it as smooth as she can. "Even though, the muscular Jaemyun dislike you,but I'm still, and always here. Can you remember that?" 

She smiled when Amber nod a little. 

 

"Good," 

 

***

 

 The skinny figure run so fast, fearing to be torture again by the strict teacher played in her thoughts. She closed her eyes and increased her speed. Even her lung feel like to burn in just a second, she tried hardly to not being late in the morning anymore. 

Everyday Mr Jaemyun will outburst at her, in front of other students. Amber do feel ashamed. But since it's like a routine, she didnt want to take it as a big deal. She'd prefer more to keep silent and endured the patience. She'd been compelled to do something stupid. 

Like scratch his shiny car. Or put a lizard inside his favourite drink during the PA class. She'd had been thought all of that. but never have a courage to objectify. She's just a tiny yet pathetic student in the eyes of most of people, Create problem will just make it worst. 

 

"Ohhh thanks God, you saved me today," Amber mumbled, catching her breath. She stopped for a while. Inhaling an oxygen for a few time and managed to calm her rapidly beating heart. As her shoes touched the corridor's floor, she heard someone called her name.

 

I am dreaming??? I heard someone say my name?!

 

"Amber, waitttt," the voice became more clearer. Amber can feel someone heading towards her so she turned around.

 

 

"You missed thisss," a long-haired girl said, walking near to the spot where she stood like a statue. Amber's eyes widen when she saw the girl showed her tired face, and a small sized of plastic bag.that being lifted by her hands "It's your bento, right?"

 

It took a minutes for Amber, to digest what actually happen. For fifteen years, there's no one would call or search her. Exclude Helmoni- an old woman who take care of her after her parents passed away, It's Amber who find people to be friend with, to be play with. There's no one stay as her friend. They dont want her because for them, she's just Amber. A clumsy and boring tomboy. 

 

"Sorry, you've been staring at me for 5 minutes already, Amber. Stop that, or I will take this bento with me," the girl threatened. Amber swallowed her saliva. Still not believing that her name had been mentioned twice. 

 

"Y-yyes that's mine," 

 

"Then you should take it, Amber," the girl said it again. She abled to save the bento from people's steps or tramps because of Amber's careless thing. The tomboy dropped it from her bag, during making her way to the gate. 

 

"Oh come on Amber! Stop staring at me and just take this, you idiot!" annoyed with the older girl's reactions, she shouted loudly. Right in front of Amber. She harshly grabbed her hand and put the plastic bag on it. 

 

"Haishhh, I have a class to go! Bye!" the girl finally muttered with her expresionless face. She left the blank Amber then. 

 

 

 

Amber carefully keep back the bento inside her bag. Reenacted the scene before, she frowned. 

 

 

 

 

"Krystal just said my name? Am I crazy? Or... out of my mind???" she monologued.