DUA BELAS

I'm a Hapless

Amber POV (Listening to Adore You by Miley Cyrus) 


Sound of the ticking clock on the wall become the company as every student including me and Krystal, focusing on the papers at our own seats. I glanced at the time device again, hoping it will stop so this torturous moment would be over. 

History is the last paper today. Once I am done with it, so it will be the time. The right time where I've been waiting for so long. 

 

I secretly take a glimpse at Krystal for once and hide my smile.

Cant wait to say how much I admire you, Krys. 

 

 

1 hour more before the paper ended...

 

 

30 minutes...

 

 

I completed all my answers and blew a relief sigh. Again, I looked at Krystal's seat.

She still not done yet.  I guess, the perfectionist like her must be very meticulous this time. She had said, she will not put down her pen until she satisfied with everything. Checking the answers will be twice plus ensure all the details and information is rightly delivered. And that is the way our classmates address her- the Mighty Jung. Cant deny no more. 

 

"Okay everyone, the time is over. Stop writing and put your paper at the right edge of your desk," the homeroom teacher's voice finally breaks my misery.  

 

After Mrs.Woo collected all the papers, she ended the day and left. Almost all of my classmates turned into the group of monkey and gorillas as they cheered out loud crazily. I grabbed my backpack and quickly walked myself out from the space. Didnt bother to greet and meet my best friend first. 

Why? 

 

Just to say, I need some time for detailed preparation. 

 

 

***


 

 

I opened my locker and reached for 'that' special gift. Widely grinning like a stupid monkey, I placed it into the left pocket of my blazer. Then my eyes roamed around. Searching for her. 

Where is she anyway? She always come here right after our classes. 

 

The situation at the hall is quite terrible. Some of seniors are happily celebrating their last day at school by playing prank at this one boy who is nerd.They pulled off his pants harshly and laughed like there's no tomorrow. I hissed at the view since I dont really like to see that kind of thing. Seriously, that is not necessary to humiliate people just for fun. And Krystal's famous quote played in my mind, "Idiots are those people who just look good in appearance. They can be really handsome or beautiful but without manner and attitude, they will fall into the valley of dumbness. I hate people for that, really," 

 

 

And, again, I take a look around the hallway. There's no even any shadow of her. 

 

 

I decided to write a note saying I will be waiting at the front of infirmary since that place is not a center attention in our school. Done putting the small note in her locker, I walked straight away, with the running thoughts in my mind, wondering what would be her reaction. 

 

Helmoni's advice, I must to be sincere. In this attempt, I should just expect only the good things. Whatever she's gonna say, I must not predict. I know I will embrace myself. 

 

If they say first love is beautiful, perhaps that's true. My feelings blossomed everytime I see her right in front of my eyes. They say first love isnt easily can be forgotten. And I cant find no more reason to argue since I admitted that I'm truly like Krystal very much. She is my first love and maybe, she will be the only girl who I love. 

 

I was busy calming myself as I heard that familiar voice, calling my name from the back. My heart beats faster than usual. Only God knows how I felt as our eyes met.  

 

"Hi Krys," I greeted her and smiled. 

 

"You dont need to write a note just to say you're waiting me and we're gonna walk home together as usual, Amber," she said with a little annoy in her tone. I caught her eyes are looking at my left hand, where the 'gift' is safely in it. "What's there you're holding on?" she asked. 

 

I let out a nervous laugh, still not believe that I am going to confess everything, right on this moment. I breathed slowly and showed her the 'thing' on my hand. Then I started, 

 

 

 

"Krystal, the day you asked to be my friend, that was the moment where I had fall for you. The friendship you give is very precious to me and I cant deny you're my only best friend in this world. But day by day passed, I realized, I adore you more than just a friend," I controlled my shaky voice as I go furthered, 

 

 

 

"I love you so much, Krys. I really am..." 

 

There was it. I said anything I wanted to. I stared at her eyes so deep, hoping she will feel how I feel. There's a long pause and her expression was still flat. I braved myself to ask, 

 

 

'You... you wont say anything?" 

 

 

I watched her angelic face, there's no any expression. She just stared straight into my eyes but went speechless. Im still holding the chocolate bar, which is the gift that I found the best for this moment. I know sweets will make she happpy and that's why I decided I will give it as the special present instead. 

 

I dont know if I've just make Krystal turned into statue because there's still nothing out from . 

 

 

"I-I'm-...Uhm.. I, you--" I stuttered while scratching my head without any reason, avoiding her eyes and looked down on the shiny floor. Gosh why I feel like a total fool right now anyway...

 

 

"There you are, both of you," I catch a deep voice not far away from us and I turned around. I can see Myungsoo is walking with his famous eye smile and dimple at the cheek. He came to me and threw his right arm on my shoulder, playfully said, " You know, I've been searching for you since forever, Amber. And here you are with the most beautiful girl in our school," 

Seriously I dont have a clue why he is here. And by the grin at his face, Myungsoo looked extra bright as he glanced at Krystal. 

 

 

"Ber, I'm glad I found you and I want to tell you that..." he speak and released his arms from me. He stepped further and take a place beside Krystal, as he grabbed her hand with him, 

 

 

 

"Krystal and I are officialy dating right now. I asked her to be my girlfriend just now and this best friend of yours just said yes to me. Since two of you are close, so you are the first person to know about us, Amber. It is cool, right?" Myungsoo said and smiled as he glanced at Krystal on his side. 

 

 

I stared at their intertwined hands. And I felt something heavy in my heart. 

 

I swallowed my broken feelings and showed them a congratulatory smile instead. I put my hand at the back trying to hide the chocolate that I want to give to Krystal just now. I forced a bright laugh then. 

 

 

"Woww, its surprising but still I can say you both look good together," I held my teary eyes as I avoid to stare directly at them. 

 

Krystal just stood there and looked at me, acting like nothing happen. 

 

"Yeah-yeah, I know we look together. You know, I fall for her the first time I ran to both of you, asking you to be in our team, remember that?" he asked, the wide smile still on his bright face. 

 

The flashback then came in my mind. Yeah. That day. Of course I remember. 

 

 

 

"Oh I see..." I replied. "Well, congratulations to both of you then. As Krystal's best friend, I hope you can take care of this girl properly since she's not ordinary like other, buddy. Now go take her for lunch, I'm going home so that you both can spend time together,okay?" I dont know why I said all those things. It came out deliberately beyond control. 

 

"You can join us, Ber. Come on," he looked sincere for inviting me but when I glanced at Krystal who is still in her silent mode, I gave them my fake smile again.

 

"Have work at 4pm today, bro. Cant make it. Maybe next time," I declared. 

 

"Ohhh man... " he pouted. "Okay see you, Ber. And let's go my girlfriend?" he entitled his head and asked Krystal playfully. I just watched them, keeping my calm state. 

 

I wish this is just a dream. 

 

 

Myungsoo tapped my shoulder- signalled me to leave then he walked away, dragging Krystal with their hands held together. 

 

 

I just stand there, do not dare enough to turn and see them walking side by side on that moment. 

 

 

 

 

I take out the chocolate bar and stared at it. 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm just late a bit, right Krys?

 

 

 

And all the way home, my tears streaming down on my face like a river. Everytime I remember how bright Myungsoo face was, the way their hands clasped and realized actually they look like a perfect match from heaven, my heart tighten. 

 

I dont know why I cant hide my tears anymore. 

 

 

It is hurts. 

 

Really hurts me.