TIGA PULUH DUA

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to All Back by Chris Brown) 

 

Amber POV 

 

No eyes can see how love shines,

No light can be the warmth of my cold heart,

And no sky can be the limit of me to love you...

 

I sipped the coffee slowly, hoping every drop of it will fill my sand of time, waiting for her to show up. I cant hold myself from glancing at the watch, secretly wishing that she will be here by anytime. 

"Ms. Liu, its almost 7 in the evening. Shouldnt we lay for some rest now?" Hayoung's voice broke my deep thought. I looked at her round eyes and replied, 

"Urm... well you can go first. I need to meet someone," 

 

"Do you want me to company?" 

I just raised my hand at her, shaking my head. "No, thank you, Hayoung. I think I will be fine on my own," 

"Get the power nap cause tomorrow we'll going for a long conference. Did you inform the other staff about our trip?" 

She just nodded. 

 

"You're doing good, Ms. Assistant," I smiled. 

I watched she rose from the seat and bowed. 

 

"Thank you for the treat, Ms. Liu. See you tomorrow," 

 

 

I'm in the mainsteam boredom when Hayoung left me alone in the hotel's cafeteria. I ordered one more cup of coffee, to regain my energy since I've got a text from her, who had informed me that she's departed from airport already. I think there's no traffic jam in Jeje-do and I estimate she will arrive soon. 

 

And she does. 

 

Just to stare at the grin of her face, I've been fascinated. I think, this is just a dream where I wish to look at her in this way, with eyes full of love, finally accomplished.

Krystal that I used to call my best friend, for now, she's not already.

 

Because at this moment, I deserve her as my love.

 

"Smooth mattres and extra pillow, and that are one of the awesome thing in hotel of Jeju," I stated, leaning my shoulder at the wall while eyeing Krystal on the bed-queen-size. "Anything else can I get for you, princess?"

She seems thinking for a while.

"I dont want anything else, I want someone else," she said which made me frowned.

 

"Its you, stupid. Who can be that someone else huh?" she rolled her eyes annoyingly before zipped off the small luggage and started to unpack. I came closer and placed my on the bed too then, taking a few of her clothes and walked to the wardrobe, put them in neatly.

"Well, I am here. Not going somewhere,"

 

"Where is yours?" she asked, referring to the scattered outfits of hers.

 

"In my room of course, where else they should be?"

 

"So... we have different rooms?"

 

"Yeah... Why?"

 

She weakly replied 'nothing' then to me. I bet, the sudden change of expression cant lie to me. I know, Krystal must be a little bit disappointed to be in separated space between us.

I sat in front of her and said it directly into her eyes,

 

"Dont you think, in life, there's phases that we should go through, Krys? Its like jumping out straight from newborn to teenager would be strange because in childhood, we'll store the best memories. Something will be missing, right?," I calmly told. Before further on, I took her hand with me,

"I didnt build the border to avoid you but its the first step before we move to other one. Do you still want to be with me, Krystal, if I clearify some of my rules?"

She squeezed my hand a bit and nodded, "Sure I do, Amber. Tell me then,"

I smiled.

 

"I am not perfect as what you're seeing now, Krys. Because I lost so much important people in my life and that's why I am  scared of myself. Since you're here, the only one who still want to be with me at this moment, I must let you know that perhaps I might hurt or disappoint you. Yes I am still the poor and pitiful Amber inside even though outside-ly, you can see I can be all mighty and nice,"

She tried to read my mind as looking straight into my eyes but before I continue what I want to say, she embraced her slim arms around my shoulders and whispered,

 

"I'd hurt you much, Amber. It is you who need to be careful, not me. I am not expecting you to be all mine because you know, we have 'reasons' and limited time to be together,"

I hugged her tiny figure and whispered back,

 

"Love does hurt a lot. In pain or vain, it will always be,"

 

This beautiful woman broke our hug. She caressed my jaw and look at my with her eyes-full-of love, muttered. "I have one rule too, Amber,"

 

"And what is it? I care to follow,"

 

"You will not stop believing that I love you truly. No matter happen, you still have faith that my heart belongs to you. Even though, week after this, we might break apart, you'll trust me by your side,"

 

I nodded without any answer. Our deep stares proved enough what we felt and what we've been afraid of. The time is ticking and no 'frozen' minutes like some in the movies, Krystal and I just hope we may cherish all the moment we have.

And it is began already.

 

"I will be your best friend, forever," she said, in her lower voice.

 

"Yes, me too, Krystal," for the first time, I have courage to take her tiny palm and kissed it gently. This sweet scent, I wont ever forget. "I love you so much, Krys,"

She gave me a sweet smile afterwards, trying to hide her shyness.

 

"You're always this cheesy or what? I didnt expect you to be this kind of romantic," she almost laugh at my face, chuckled.

 

"Expect more to come, princess. I can be even more romantic as I am right now,"

 

She pretend to be annoyed, playfully hit my shoulder.

I grabbed the chance to peck her forehead and looked away instantly.

"I didnt do that,"

 

"Stupiddddd," Krystal cant hold her shyness anymore cause she's turned red all on her flawless face. I just smiled at her and winked.

 

"You're tired?"

 

She pouted and nodded vigorously.

 

"Go shower, I will order something for you then. Let's have some couple time, can we?"

 

"What do you mean by couple time???"

 

"You'll know soon, Krys. Go on please, your smell like a dead mackerel," as I said that, and eyes opened widely.

 

"WHAT? Dead mackerel???

 

I deliberately laughed at this pretty woman. She might looked scary with her stares but it didnt work with me cause' everything she did, to me, it was all beautiful though. Tonight, I got a plan. I will bring her to the famous Iho Tewoo Beach, the place known for it's incredible night view with glimmering and alluring lighting.

Thanks to Hayoung, she did the research before we reached here in Jeju-do.

 

"You're also smelly, Amber. Dont say you came straight from the meeting and waited for me? And now still with that clothes on?"

 

I just shrugged my shoulder.

"Oops,I cant deny with that actually,"

 

"Hopeless llama," she hissed.

 

"Shower as much as you can, princess. We're going out tonight,"

 

Her feet already touched the cold of washroom's floor until she heard me. Curiously, she turned and questioned me at one time, "Going to where?"

 

I curved a smile at her then answered calmly,

 

"In the heart of the ocean, Krys,"

 

 

 

***

 

"Yah-yah," she trembled when the wave hits in slow pace. "Amber, your idea of romantic actually," she paused and continued- holding tight my hand, "Quite of scary... I'm sorry but I have sea sickness,"

I chuckled as response. "You're here safe with me, Krystal. Please dont worry much..."

 

"Not much worry, llama-yah. It just I cant balance well. You know what, I'm feeling my knees going down," she closed her eyes tight when we walked through the deck.

I rent this yatch just for our precious moment tonight and I didnt even know this creature is fear of water. She's totally very unexpectable since back then in our schooldays, she was the bravest girl that I'd ever known.

"Here, hold on to me. We're going to sit," I said while dragging her down for a seat. "You can open your eyes now, princess. Its such a waste if you miss the view,"

I watched she carefully opened the eyelids of hers and when she caught the scenery of the wide ocean, she threw herself suddenly into my arms.

 

"Amber, its so scary!" she cried. I sighed a smile at the captain when he glanced at us. Especially when this girl clinging to me this way.

 

 

"Alright," I mumbled, gently pulled her body to me closer. "I think it is fine if only me enjoy this night view. You're here so its counted in,"

She fell silence but hands still, wrapped around me. I tried to act cool even though my heart beating faster than usual.

 

"Krys, there's one star there in the sky, shining brighter than others. I remembered, Helmoni said, when we die, we will continue to afterlife and become a star up there. Do you believe that?"

 

 

"-------------------" she denied, head- shaking vigorously.

 

I held my smile as I inhaled calmly, feeling the breeze of wind blowing at my face. But then, I stared at her perfect beauty again,

 

"Your engagement day was on the cruise, at the port, but you can stay still. What's wrong with this yatch then?"

I sensed her struggle to open her eyes and tilted up.

 

"Its different. The cruise is bigger and stronger while this yatch is lighter. I swing a lot and that made me feel dizzy," she desperately replied, breathing in my embrace.

 

"I see..." I muttered then furthered on, "Alright, let me enjoy the view, and being hug by you. Seems extra to me though,"

 

"Amber,"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Are you mad at me?"

 

"Well... not mad, just feel hopeless a little,"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I cant stare at you for our very first official date. Just like now, you cant even look at me, hiding there,"

 

She pulled herself from me then.

 

"Okay, now I'm looking at you,"

 

"But you're not enjoying it, right?"

 

"Amber, it is hard. I want to vomit if I do so," and she closed her eyes again.

 

I dont know why, I moved my face towards hers. Her smooth breath blew with mine and its feel like I'm looking at the most pleasant view that I'd ever see in this life. I stared at her eyebrows until her red lips.

Closing my eyes, I pressed our foreheads together and whispered,

 

"Just stay like this then, Krys,"

 

She didnt push me away but slowly she made her arms moved around my neck. At that moment, I was totally lost when both of our eyes met directly.

 

 

"I like this way more, Amber," she said.

 

 

 

Before I can utter any word, I felt her soft lips touched mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________

 

They said, we will always remember our first kisses.

 

But this, can we count in?

 

Thanks for everything guys. I'm so lucky to have all of you around :) 

 

Love always,

Ryai.