DUA

I'm a Hapless

Dear my loyal Madam Goo, 

 You might be wondering why I wrote this letter to you. Since the first day you're hired, we didnt manage to have a little talk. About my home, my wife. and my lovely Amber. You took care of them so well, since I'm always busy with my duty as an army. They said you're old, but to my surprise, you were capable to do thing a lot more better than a youngsters. You're great in handling my family. You gave them a lot of your love. Your faithfulness, there's nothing I can compare to that, Madam Goo. I would love to admit, you are a part of the family. 

I was thankful to God, as He gave me a great gift. I named the beautiful little baby girl, Amber Josephine Liu. Yes, she will carry her grandpa's surname. Even though, he hate us so much. I cant say I'm hating my own father, but dissappointed is the best word to describe him for me. You knew what happen. You knew he dislike my decision to take Foon as my wife. And once he mentioned, I'm just no one to him anymore, the day I brought Foon into his house, it's already end. Our bond as a father and son didnt exist anymore. Within the hurtful memories, Foon and me trying to survive with our own. And that's why I decided to move here, in South Korea. We started our new life as a young husband and wife in people's country. Not our homeland. What a pathetic life, right? 

Madam Goo, I'd know Foon is seriously ill now. You cant hide from me. I knew her life is short. And I know, she will leave me. So right now, I'm desparately to beg you, Madam Goo, to take Amber, our symbol of love with you. Take her to your place. Make her like your own. Make she feel, she deserve to be love even though we're not there for her in future. 

Make sure you tell her everyday, that I love her so much. If she cry because of this cruel world, please stay there, to make she strong. As strong as our love. 

Farewell isnt my option. But it is my destiny. Tell Amber to always believe in destiny. Something happen, there's maybe a good reason behind it. Tell her, I'm her daddy, and will always proud of her. My love will always linger around her. And Madam Goo, make Amber believe in me. If I cant hug to ease her from sadness, tell her to look up into the sky, make she raise her head and dream high. So then she can feel better. That's what I do everytime I remembered my father. 

And Foon, tell her, I am so sorry. For not being her side, during her last days. Because my time is also short, Madam Goo. My chance to live just fifty-fifty. But I can feel, death is more close right now. 

Hug and kiss my little Amber for me, Madam Goo. 

And sorry. Again. 

Sincerely, 
Jonathan Liu
0230- 24 October 
North-South Korea Border.

 

 

Helmoni slowly fold back the old letter. She hold the tears while looking at Amber's photo frame. 

 

 

"My time is near too, Jon--------I am really sorry...." she said to herself. Sobbing so hard. 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 The eyes focused on the dribbling ball. Once it was high in the air, her heart fluttered. 

 

"BASKET!!!!" Amber screamed happily. She jumped when the ball get into the goal. 

 

"Wooohooooooo!!! Daebakk Myungsoo-aahhhh~~~" Amber uttered loudly in the crowd. There's some people rushed forward the main player, raised his body up. And the baskball court also noised with the audience cheers and screams. One of them is Amber. 

 

 

 

"Man, he's very cooll," Amber smiled as she eyes the players are surrounding Myungsoo, their captain who just score a goal. And the final match end with they won the game. 

 The tomboy want to run and congratulate the team too, but when she realized there's so much people around them, she gave up. Besides, they didnt even know her. 

In the end, Amber walked away from the court-heading to her own locker. 

 

 

 

"You seems sad, " a voice from nowhere greeted. 

 

"Ohmaii goshhh! You startled me!" Amber shouted as she saw a figure stood in front of her eyes. 

 

"You're really weird, Amber. People crazily celebrating inside there, but you're alone here," the girl said with a frown, crossing her arms while looking straight at the tomboy.  

 

It's her. Again. 

"Y-you said my n--nname," Amber stuttering. Krystal blew a sigh and shooked her head. 

 

"SO???" 

 

"-------------------there's no one do that before," 

 

"Hffh, come on, Amber. It's your name. You dislike me because I'm the only who called you?" Krystal questioned with a flat tone. 

 

It took for a while, so Amber can figure out she's not dreaming. 

 

"--------not like that. You--you are weird, Krys. People never come and say my name, but you do," Amber replied. She took her black jacket and wear it. "You want me to help you for something? Or there's anything else?" 

 

"Yeah, I want to know how slow are you," that answer made Amber's brows scrunched. Is this girl for real anyway???