DUA PULUH TUJUH

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to Why Did I Fall in Love With You by TVXQ)

 

Author POV

 

She kneeled, looking up at the crying face with sad eyes. Her girlfriend who is sitting on the edge of the bed, glanced at Amber, can't stop to sob harder.

"Dont cry anymore please... I'm here okay?" soothed Amber as she wiped the tears on Mina's cheek. "There's the best place for your daddy, he was a great person so he is in heaven already,"

 

"I'm not a good daughter... I made him dissapointed of me..." replied Mina.

Amber took Mina's hand with her and she gripped them gently. She knew, all the feelings are mix up and she had nothing to say more to her lover.

 

"Hey... I know its hard for you to accept that he already gone but like what you said to me before, when I cried missing my Helmoni. Their body not here with us, but the memory stay still. Remember that?" said Amber, searching for the younger's eyes. And they stared at each other for a moment.

 

 Mina hugged Amber's shoulder, embracing them tight as much that she could. The later ran her hands on the young woman's back, caressing it smoothly.

 

"Baby, you can get through this... you're my strong penguin, I'm sure everything will be okay..." added Amber.

 

 

Just when the news about Mr. Myoui's death break through, Amber and Mina flew back to the states to attend the funeral. They both had been welcomed by Mina's family and her close relatives but the mother is only the exception. She refused to talk or greet her daughter and maintained in her deep silence, before and after the funeral. Kei, the eldest son calmed the couple, by saying their mother just need a time and space.

Almost 2 hours crying endlessly, Mina finally fall asleep in Amber's arms. The boyish managed to place her girlfriend properly on the mattress before she decided to clean herself afterward.

 

 

"Seems you cant sleep yet," greeted Kei as he saw Amber is sitting on the dining table, busy scrolling through the screen of her tablet. He filled two mugs with milk and put one of them infront of the tomboy as he took a seat beside Amber.

"Thanks, Kei," she replied and took the mug gladly. "By the way, how's Mrs. Myoui?"

The question made the guy looked at Amber.

"I want to be honest here, Amber. She dislike your existance. All these kind of silent treatment because she protests your relationship with my sister,"

Amber sighed as Kei finished his words. "I know, its hard for me and for Mina too,"

"Momma told Daddy for many times, to take care of his health even though he kept blaming himself for making Mina ran away from home. That day, when he visited your house, he was totally ill, Amber. He refused to undergo the surgery because he wanted to meet both of you, before something like this happened," Kei added with his calm tone. "He regrets what he said to you and he did told me, he wanted Mina to be happy, with whoever she choose. Now, I can see, you love my sister and you take care of her very well. I know I can rely on you, Amber,"

That made, a small smile curved on her lips.

"Yeah... thanks for trusting me..."

Kei tapped Amber's shoulder then. "No one I can trust either than you. So please, love my sister as much as you could, okay?"

 

"Always I am, Kei.."

 

"Good to know," replied Kei as he finished the milk. "Go take some rest. Momma usually wakes up early, and breakfast on the table before 7.30 so dont be late or no food for you,"

 

Amber nodded, "Alright-alright, all noted,"

 

***

Krystal sighed for hundred times when she witnessed how busy her fiance is. He set up the table for candle light dinner but not even for 15 minutes, he excused himself to pick up the calls.

 

"I think you should marry your work, not me," complained Krystal when Myungsoo came back at the table.

 

"Aish, dont say like that. You know, I work hard for you," replied him.

 

"For the eighth time, Myungsoo, everytime you ask me for dinner date, there's always calls, there's always reason for you to excuse. Dont you ever think of my feelings? I am your fiance, not a statue, staying here and do nothing,"

 

"Oh come on, babe. Dont be too emotional, we're here to eat and enjoy the moment right? Please dont ruin our date,"

 

Krystal scoffed in annoyance when she heard of the man's answer.

 

"Why it is always me? Are you that blind to aware that you are who is ruining this date???" she raised her voice.

 

"Krys... please, dont make fuss here, there's so many people in this restaurant..." said Myungsoo, begging.

 

Resentful already, she grabbed her handbag and stood up, glaring at the man.

 

"I'm done with this, Myungsoo. If you still think of me, of our 10 years relationship, you should know what you must do. Now, I am going home and I will let you enjoy this moment by yourself," stated Krystal then walked away from the table, leaving Myungsoo in his astonishment.

 

She took the subway and emerged herself on the seat, with her thoughtful mind.

The vibrating device made she hissed. The upcoming calls from Myungsoo and texts from him. Dont want to care no more, she immediately switched off her phone then threw her view outside the window, staring at the dark sky.

 

I think I am better on my own...

 

She closed her eyes but the image of smiling Amber flashed, and she felt guilty all of sudden. 

 

Is this all because of her?Reluctant to stay with Myungsoo but her face keep appearing? I am out of my mind? I want my best friend to be mine?

 

Krystal hugged herself, eyes staring at the night view but her mind, was full the thoughts of Amber. As when she put earphones on, the song played in and she closed her eyes while leaning on the window. 

*playing I Will Be by Avril Lavigne*

 

There’s nothing I could say to you
Nothing I could ever do to make you see
What you mean to me
All the pain, the tears I cried
Still you never said goodbye and now I know how far you’d go
I know I let you down but it's not like that now
This time I’ll never let you go...

I will be all that you want and get myself together
Cause you keep me from falling apart
All my life I’ll be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything OK...

I thought that I had everything I didn’t know what life could bring
But now I see honestly
You're the one thing I got right
The only one I let inside
Now I can breathe 'cause you're here with me
And if I let you down I’ll turn it all around
Cause I would never let you go...

I will be all that you want and get myself together
Cause you keep me from falling apart
All my life I’ll be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything OK

Cause with out you I can’t sleep
I’m not gonna ever ever let you leave
You’re all I got
You’re all I want
Yeah
And without you I don’t know what I’d do
I could never ever live a day with out you
Here with me do you see you're all I need

And I will be all that you want and get myself together
Cause you keep me from falling apart
All my life (my life) I will be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything OK...

I will be (I’ll be) all that you want and get myself together
Cause you keep me from falling apart
And all my life you know I will be with you forever
To get you through the day and make everything OK...

 

Krystal looked at the screen of her phone and let her finger touched the What's App icon. Later, she started to type, 

 

Hey Amber, everything fine there? How's Mina?

 

She pressed the send button and locked the device immediately, but still hoping her friend will read the text and reply as soon as possible. 

 

*beep

 

Hi Krys. Yeah, I'm fine, Mina is fine too. What about you? 

Smiling, Krystal texted back, 

 

I'm all well here, Amber. Just tired and feel bored. I'm missing my sister and she's very busy. I guess, a life as an idol would be like that forever yes? 

 

And again, she sent the text. 

 

2 minutes after, there's pop notification- five continuous text from Amber. 

 

Nothing last forever in this world, Krys, you know that... 
She's happy as an idol coz that's all her dream. 
Might be one day, she will retire and spend her life with people she loves. 
So dont be sulky ok? I will convince her later for short vacay
Trust me, Jessica loves her carrier but she loves you more^^

 

The woman cant help to curve a smile, reading those replies. 

 

Woah, you're the best, Amber Liu!
Btw, send my condolence to Mina's family.

 

*beep

 

Yes, will tell them later, Krys. 
Tbh, I'm sad seeing her crying endlessly. 
Feel guilty too, 

 

Krystal texted, 

 

Why you need to feel guilty??? Mr. Myoui passed away because of disease, Amber, not because of you. 

 

*beep

Not that what I meant. Mina chose to be with me and she left her family, Krys.
Her dad wanted her to be happy with a perfect guy, not me. 
But he was nice enough before, admitted he made mistake and even blessed us. 
Now, he's gone and Mina loss one of her strength. 
I feel guilty because he couldnt spend his last days with Mina
And should be, I'm the one who can ask her to stay with her family instead of me, right? 

 

She scrolled through and started to type again, 

 

You didnt plan this, Amber.
Mina should be glad because she has you by her side, 

 

She stopped at the sentence, searching the right word, 

 

I'm sure she will be fine, sooner or later. 
Be strong, Amber. Mina is depending on you for now. 

 

*beep

 

Yeah... you're right, Krystal... 
Thank you Your Majesy. 

 

Amber still typing, 

 

I'm glad I have friend like you. 
Tell me if you want something. 
I will try my best to give it to you^^

 

So when the last text had been read, Krystal's face changed. She's out for a while, dont know what to write. She questioned mentally for herself, "If I ask you to be with me, can you do that, Amber?" 

 

However, she replied back with another thoughts, 

 

I want beef, a lot. That's enough to make me happy *sticking tongue emoji* 

 

*beep

 

Hahahahah... you beef monster! 

 

She can feel the slow motion of the train so she quickly typed back, 

 

Amber, text you later ok? I reached at the station already. 
Tell Mina, she's strong and everything will be fine. 
Bye for now, llama

 

Krystal rise from her seat and walked directly to the automatic door. She didnt bother about her phone anymore cause all she thinks on that moment was how to find a taxi around that time. 

At the end, she rang her father, asking him to come over. 

Inside the car, she remembered, maybe Amber had gave a reply. 

And she's right. Notification from the conversation application popped at the screen already. 

 

Oh you go with the subway? 
Aigoo, your car still in the workshop I see... 
Ok then Majesty, bye bye out. 
Take care and again thank you for soothing me^^ 
Love you my friend :) 

 

Krystal secretly smiled, ignoring Mr. Jung at the driver seat who is glancing at her.