TIGA PULUH TUJUH

I'm a Hapless

 

Amber POV

 

I thought when there's end of Krystal and I, its done. I thought as we bid farewell, nothing's going wrong.

But now, I cant even think anymore.

 

"Ms. Liu, I'd call for security, they will Ms. Jessica out from the studio as soon as possible. May I know where you want to meet her? I will ask them to bring her along," Hayoung my assistant said.

 

"Anywhere, Hayoung. I dont mind any place," I weakly replied. Then I looked at her. "As long as the place is impossible for the damn reporters to find,"

 

"What about the second building in Incheon, Ms. Liu? I've heard the renovation was finished. Do you mind there?"

 

My head is full of miserable thoughts, about Jessica who never listen to my advice and my affair with Krystal.

 

How I am going to explain to Mina about this?

 

"Its there, then," I replied short. I threw out my sight to the outside window, can't stop sighing.

This moment isnt what I expected.

 

What I've done?

 

I'm going to hurt people around me.

 

I betrayed Myungsoo.

 

I cheated on Mina.

 

I cant find the way out for all of these.

 

 

 

"Ms. Liu," Hayoung called in her slow voice.

"This is temporary, not going to last longer than you think,"

 

I glanced at her back.

"You think so?"

 

She smiled at me confidently afterward.

"Problems solve when we know how to deal with it. Maybe we can't find the solution but still, we have way to turn it out, right?"

 

"And how to turn this out, Hayoung? It is not small thing to deal with,"

 

"My grandpa said honesty is the best cure to clear the situation. We confess what's in our hearts and we admit what we had done. What people might say, we must leave it to them,"

 

I sanked in silence for a moment.

 

 

Hayoung added again,

 

"World will know who is right and who is wrong, later or sooner. Dont be afraid, Ms. Liu. Just explain to them like how you had explain to me. I'm sure its gonna be alright,"

 

Surprisingly, her soothing words does comforted me. I gave her a little nod and smiled.

"Yeah,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"There's no one here, Jess," I told her as her eyes glanced around, probably checking either the bunch of reporters and dispatches are here or not. 

 

"Dont worry, you're safe now,"

 

She stopped roaming and stared at me, eyes piercing. "Hell, you're not kidding me right? This is not just about me,"

 

I released a sigh then. "Its not like what you think, Jessica,"

 

She approched me closer and looked straight at my face, almost glaring.

"Want to know what I'm thinking?"

"I just find out that my best friend is actually a jerk and all this time you're just pretending to be calm and cool,"

 

"You can say anything you want, Jess. I know I'm guilty," I replied.

 

She scoffed annoyingly, "Acting cool again,"

 

"I'm not trying to pretend that I'm always right but here's the fact. Krystal and I planned all of these, we both willlingly agreed to... cheat,"

 

Jessica exhaled an air, disbelief.

 

"Oh God, what were you guys up too..." she murmured while massaging both her temple. "I need to safe myself first before thinking about you two, really. For serious Amber, you did something that you aren't not suppossed to and not acceptable though. Soojung right now must be facing our father,"

 

"Then dont think about us. Tell me how you're going to clear this rumor, Jessica Jung. To be honest, you can't just run away or hide forever, ain't you?

 

"Yes but we are a couple. If I deny this relationship, I'm going to hurt him,"

 

"You'll hurt yourself first Jess," I intruded.

 

"Well of course," she said. She sat on the long-cushion and in this empty room, the space only invaded by us. Hayoung and her manager are waiting for us in the SUV, like what I asked them to do.

I bought this building for my future artists. Incase, the main building will be the target of massive attraction, they all can spend time for peace here.

Apparently, Jessica is the first one to do so.

 

"Jess..." I said, taking a place beside this woman. "Maybe, this is the time you're ready to go on public. I'm sorry at first place, I didnt trust you. I was too immersed to protect you from something like this but at the end, its still happening even though under my defensive side. I am sorry Jess, for all of these," I confessed with deep of my heart and really mean for what I had just say.

"You were right. You're also human and needs for love. I couldnt stop your feelings like what I'm doing for myself now. I can't stop loving my first love and tends to further with so many pains either,"

 

She reached for my hand and gripped it with hers. "I know. You've endured it for too long, Amber,"

 

"Yeah, too long and hurts a lot too," I put a smile. "I'll let the boards confirm you dating him, Jess. At any circumstances, if you love each other, its gonna be fine. As long as you're happy, I'm glad to stick along,"

 

Her smile shines and that's resemble a bit of Krystal. I pulled her head toward my chest, embraced her shoulders and tapped her back gently. "Good luck on your love, bestie,"

 

Jessica hummed back.

"You too, DinoBer,"

 

 

"Wait," she relased our hug suddenly. "What's going to happen to Krystal and you? Are you not going to say something?"

I just sigh a little smile at her and grabbed the can of coke on the tiny table.

"I'm not an idol, and she's an accountant. We can't be the headline forever and sooner the news will disappear, Jessica. People didnt pay attention to someone like us, they pay more to someone like you actually,"

 

"Oh yeah, playing cool and handsome once again, big nostril-face. Hishh, then Mina?"

 

The name caught me off guard. I cugged down the carbonate liquid through my throat and finished it all.

"I dont know. I dont know what I have to do with her, Jessica. I'm so stupid for playing with her feelings and now I need to pay everything that will price her loyalty to me..."

 

 

#beep #beep

 

I checked on my cellphone and received a text from Hayoung saying a guy involves with Jessica is heading to this room.

 

Oh what's now....

 

I walked straight to the door and before there's any knock, I opened it wide.

 

"Uhm... hello?" the tall guy greeted in English. "Jessica is here?"

 

I didnt reply but just signalled him to walk in instead.

 

 

"Amber, this is Wu Yi Fan or Kris, my boyfriend that I want to introduce to you before all of these happen," Jessica said as she stood and stand beside him.

 

I studied this guy up until down and eventually let out a chuckle. Inside my mind, I cant help to think this is another reunion with my old friend.

 

I'm sure he is Kris, the over-reacting dude that played with me in basketball team.

 

"You crazy, its not a joke to laugh at," Jessica glared.

 

"Ohppp sorry, sorry," I clamped my hands together.

 

"Hey there, vice captain after Myungsoo, Mr. Kris, I'm Amber Liu, the second vice captain after you. Remember?" I said playfully and sticked out my hand for him.

 

"Amber???" he frowned.

 

"Yeah, I'm Amber Liu, the only female player in the team. Oh come on, dont be senile and let's do this," I showed him my fist and we ended doing our trademark together. He looked surprised for what we just did.

 

Later on, his long arms caught me instantly as he shake my shoulders vigorously.

 

"Holy crap! You're Amber!!!!" he shouted happily.

 

"And you're Kris!" I shouted back with the same intensity of happiness.

Then we both involved with brotherhood hugs, made Jessica to the total of our ignorance.

 

"Look at you, grew much taller but not taller than me since you're girl and that outfit is dashing," Kris complimented as he can't stop checking me. "You're like someone else and holy crap I cant believe I meet you here!"

 

"Nonsense huh? We get back to each other again, dude," I said with a wide smile.

 

"Owww, the 'dude' pronounciation still the same..." he teased and laughed.

 

Jessica came between us and put both her hands on the waist.

"Seriously. Amber, better tell me I'm not the bridge for your reunion with old friends. First was my sister, then it was Myungsoo her fiance and now my boyfriend, Kris???"

 

"Wait, you've met Krystal and Myungsoo??? Fiance? Babe, they're engaged?" Kris sudden question attacked her continuously.

 

"Yes, she met Krystal and Myungsoo and yes they're getting married," Jessica bluntly replied.

 

"Whoa, miracle. I thought..." the guy shifted his attention at me then. "Amber, you... did confess... right?"

 

I just nod.

 

"What happen? She rejected you?"

 

I nod again. But then I shake my head.

 

"I was a little bit late, Kris. Myungsoo was faster than me," I replied.

 

Kris tapped both my shoulders. "Nah, its good already since you confessed, buddy..."

"Now who's ready for some beer?"

 

"Wrong timing you got here. Jessica and me were just talking about her acquaintance with you," I quickly cut his delight moment.

 

"Yeah, Amber's here my business partner and she is the main leader in Cordel Entertainment," my best friend added further.

 

Before Kris be surprise again, Jessica stopped him by raising her hand. "No buddy talking please,"

 

"Kris, it was a long story. I decided your relationship should expose to the public to avoid some more chaotic moment like this and unfortunately, Krystal and me also dragged along, pal," I explained.

 

He interrupted,

"And why of that you two involved? You...love my girl???"

 

Jessica facepalmed herself disappointedly.

 

"Yes, I love her as my friend, Kris," I chuckled. "Let me be honest here," I looked at him straight afterward and continued,

 

"Myungsoo and Krystal is engaged while I have a girlfriend named Mina. The problem here, Krystal and I cheating on them. We both had spent time together a week during my outstation in Jeju. As real lovers. So what's happening now is, we had been found out,"

 

"WHAT? Krystal... loves you too??? For real?"

 

"Yeah, she is," I replied calmly.

 

"So... why she's engaged with Myungsoo? She just should marry you instead!"

 

Jessica facepalmed herself again for the second time.

 

I cant help but to chuckle with Kris clueless state.

 

I guess, we should find some more time for long explanation.

 

#beep#beep

 

And my cellphone received one more text. But not from Hayoung.

 

 

 

It is from Myungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________

 

Whush. This is it. The moment of truth.

Who's ready for drama and... action?

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, upvoting and yes yes all the 'ing' things you guys did for this story.

You all know how much it mean to me right?

 

p/s: Next chapter and the final one are coming to you:)

 

RYAI.