TIGA PULUH LAPAN

I'm a Hapless

Author POV

 

She stepped through the open stadium, breathing as the vapor came out from . The cold weather gave her chills but the other person who is standing right in the middle of the field frightened her more.

 

"Punctual," he muttered.

"No one follow you? Well incase our 'meeting' can be the next headline with, 'Jessica's future in law Killed The Ceo,' or perhaps, 'Myungsoo the Loyal Fiance Killed His Old Friend," the tone sounded playful but firm for Amber.

 

"Lots of things I need to tell you, Myung. Give me time to explain," she asked, walking closer to the man.

 

"What explanation?! Last time I checked, I was asking your help! If I know Krystal going to betray me with you, I would rather kill myself!" Myungsoo screamed on top of his lungs.

 

"Its not her fault, its mine," Amber replied with her guilty look.

"I planned all of these. I was the one who convinced her to come with me. She's not doing that deliberately, pal,"

 

Myungsoo harshly pushed Amber to the solid ground.

"I'M NOT YOUR PAL!"

 

His red face showed enough all the emotions that pressured him.

"I trust you, Amber. I trust you with my life! Now look what you did! Why Krystal? You knew how much I love her, do you? You knew for all this time I worked hard just to be her perfect man! And we're getting married!

 

"Myungsoo, listen..."

 

"You shouldnt come back for us, jerky friend!" a hard punch hit on Amber's face and made she fell flat on her back.

 

The emotional young man was losing his control as he sat on the later's body and kept punching her face.

 

Amber's face already drained in blood when finally Myungsoo had been pulled off by someone stronger from his back.

 

"Control yourself, Myungsoo!" the old guy shouted, hugging him close. "This not the right way to deal with!"

 

"She deserves it!" Myungsoo struggled to curse, glaring sharp with his burning heart. "This fool just ruin my 10 years relationship with your daughter, Mr. Jung! Why you still protecting her?!"

 

"I dont want you to be a murderer! Punishment is not the only solution!"

 

As he released from Mr. Jung's strong embrace, Myungsoo turned his body around and faced him.

"You make it sound you're in her side, Mr. Jung. I cant take it if you're saying what your daughter did to me is acceptable,"

 

Mr. Jung breathed out heavily.

 

"I'm not one-sided," he muttered. "You'll regret later if she was killed by your hands,"

 

"And that's not a good way to please your anger,"

 

He take a glimpse on Amber's sad eyes. "Come on up," he said shoving his hands out for the wounded figure.

"Tell me, kid. What's in your mind which made you two ended up doing these?"

 

Slightly winched with the pain on her face, Amber abled to stand up again while holding the father's hands.

She speak out in her slow voice but clear enough for Mr. Jung and Myungsoo to hear,

 

"I'm sorry, Uncle. I didnt mean to ruin their relationship but my love for Krystal, I cant stop that. When I knew she also have the same feeling, I went beyond happiness. At that moment I thought I can have her like how Myungsoo did but the opposite way it is,"

 

"And she's too dumb to love hapless kid like you. She loves me first, loser," Myungsoo said with anger, provoking. He grabbed Amber by her collar and glared again. "Dont say bull and just admit you're total useless, you dumm--"

 

Amber who was trying her best holding her temper finally outburst in front of Myungsoo's face,

 

"I LOVE HER BEFORE YOU CAME! I LOVE HER BEFORE YOU CONFESSED AND TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME! I LOVE HER VERY MUCH EVEN THOUGH ITS HURTS A LOT! I LOVE HER BEFORE EVERYTHING HAPPENED BETWEEN TWO OF YOU AND I LOVE KRYSTAL EVEN THOUGH SHE CHOSE TO BE WITH YOU! YOU CAN BE WITH HER BECAUSE I LEFT!" she screamed out,and her voice echoed through the whole stadium.

 

Myungsoo glued at his spot after Amber's sudden shout. He stunned when Amber violently grabbed his collar and stared at him with her burning eyes,

 

"You was lucky because she chose you, Myungsoo. You was lucky because she gave you time for 10 years to love and those things that I cant even have. You was lucky because up until now she still choose to be with you even though she loves me truthfully. You know what? Actually its you who I should kill first if I know she's not happy becoming yours. I should just fight over you but I didnt for the sake of our friendship. So, who's now the best to die?"

 

Watching the shockingly Amber's intense state, Mr. Jung intruded as he went between them and gently released the boyish's strong grip from Myungsoo.

 

"Stop this, children," he begged.

 

"Amber, calm down,"

 

He exchanged soft stare with the boyish before she managed to free herself.

 

Amber looked at the old man with her sad and teary eyes,

 

"I'm sorry, Uncle. I'm sorry for acting I deserve Krystal although I know it cant be. He's right, I'm hapless. The truth is I was just---" she stuttered then added again, "I was just love her so much and looking at her smiles, it does heal my sadness,"

 

She tapped her old friend's shoulder and said, "I will leave it to you, Myung. Please treat her well and make she's the happiest woman in the world. 10 years ago I was left brokenhearted knowing both my friends are loving each other. And now, its your turn to feel it in my place. So, it is how I felt, Myungsoo. It is how I felt when you declared Krystal is yours,"

 

Myungsoo went speechless as he looked into the later's eyes and realized she's hurts the way deeper than he is.

 

"I'm going away again and this is the end of everything, my friend. And Uncle, thanks for your sincere acts and thanks for believing a pathetic kid named Amber who actually have potential to succeed in her life. I will never forget what you guys had contributed," she stated, forcing a smile.

 

Before walking away from them, Amber stopped and said again,

 

"Sorry cant be here for your wedding, Myungsoo and good luck for everything,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Amber went back to her penthouse and was welcomed by her real girlfriend, Mina. She had prepared everything to say so making her move, she approached the young girl smoothly.

 

"You're playing with my feelings, Amber," Mina cried endlessly. "I thought you love me more than anything but no, you dont. You're lying all this time,"

 

Amber just statically looking at the her beautiful woman. She felt that she's the worst person in the world as seeing the later.

 

"Hey..." she wiped Mina's tears and tilted up her face. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for cheating on you,"

"Mina, I wanted to tell you, Krystal is my first love. I wanted to tell you everything but I was too scared if I make that happen, I'm gonna lose you,"

 

She stopped sobbing and eyed Amber deep. "You'd already lose me the moment you cheated. My mother was right, Amber,"

"She was right about you. I'm such a fool to believe and have faith on someone who didnt love me on exact,"

 

"No, I love you, Mina. That's true, you all I've got in life,"

 

"You lied! You love her, Amber! You never love me like how you love Krystal!" that's when Mina ran to her room and returned with the boyish's black diary in her hand.

 

"You love me because you have no choice. You take me with sympathy," she said. "I am that pathetic to you, Amber???"

 

She threw the diary straight on the glass table.

 

"What's now? The perfect Amber Liu cant even defend herself after making a big sin for cheating?" Mina's sarcastic words stabbed deep in her heart. Instead of replying, she remained silent, not wanting the condition to get any worse.

She didnt dare to look upon her girlfriend's eyes because she knows, she will hurt her more than ever.

 

"I'm done with you! We are over!" she cried out for one last time before getting into her room and began to pack all her stuff.

 

The tomboy wont be able to say anything as she sat there in the living room like a mannequin. Reminiscing her good days with Mina.

How they met and ended up together as a couple.

She was so happy having the pretty girl as her love life.

Until the reunion with her first love ruined everything.

Her hidden feelings toward her own friend caused her to seek the moment with Krystal that all she's been wanting 10 years ago.

 

Amber's wishes came true and she must pay for all the due.

 

As Mina passed by the space, she stopped her by calling her name.

 

 

"I want you to know, all the moment we shared together, all the things you said to me, everything, Mina, will never be forgotten. I had once letting you inside my heart and now I need to let you go without my own will. Thank you for believing me, thank you for loving me. Myoui Mina, you deserves someone better, not me," Amber said, backing the lady. She hides the tears which running heavily on her cheeks and continued to say,

 

"I can't rewind or redo my mistakes. I can't force you to accept my apology and regrets. Just one thing for sure that I can do now is letting you go, Mina. I dont want to hurt you so please, go and forget me if you could,"

 

As the silence embraced between them, both Amber and Mina glued at their spots.

Speechless.

 

And the younger left as she gathered all the courage and brings along her heart that broken into pieces.

All the memories with Amber, she wished, will be vanished from her mind instantly.

She keeps the awful one for herself for life lesson.

 

The time Mina's feet stepped out from the penthouse, it is the last moment Amber got to see her.

 

They separated without any news and never keep in touch.

 

 

And Amber, once again lost everything she have.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________

 

Still working guys.

Next chapters, I bet maybe two or three, will be the story over, okay?

 

I want to sleep so bad.

 

 

RYAI