DUA PULUH

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to Need to Feel Needed by f(x) Amber)

 

Amber pressed the password and the automatic door opened by itself. The moment she met the other eyes, she directly invited the person in.

 

 

"She's been crying for so long, Krys. And to be honest, it is my first time seeing Jess in this conditon, I really dont know what to do..." told Amber in her lower voice as they both walked from her house entrance until the wide and spacious living room.

Once they reached there, Krystal spotted her half-sister was laying down on the sofa, hugging the pillow tight, hiding her face. She exchanged look with Amber.

 

"She will be alright, Amber. Dont worry," she said and approached the older woman. "Sica unnie," she called for her and sat at the edge of the furniture. "Its all fine now, unnie. I'm here for you okay,"

 

Amber and her girlfriend just watched the sisters from a few metres away. Deeply inside, the boyish is so worry about Jessica's depression. It might effect something on her carrier after this.

 

"Food is ready?" asked Amber, as she glanced at the pretty face beside her. The later just nod as a response. "Alright, with her sister here, I guess the situation under control. What if you try to ask them to join us and I will prepare the table?"

 

"Sounds good," said Mina.

 

 

***

 

"There's new clothes in the drawer and you can use it for tonight," the younger woman told Krystal as she put down a set of toileteries and looked at her with a smile. "Make yourself comfortable okay?"

 

She bowed politely then, "Thanks Mina, it is very nice of you and Amber to let us stay here. And the food was so amazing too,"

 

"Waw, you like them???"

 

"Yes, of course. Amber said you're Japanese but how you are so good in Korean dishes? Cooking class?"

 

That made Mina let out a small chuckle as she shook her head. Knowing maybe Krystal wanted them to engage in conversation, she placed her on the mattress and replied, "Yes, my parents are pure Japanese but we live in Texas since I was born. Actually Krystal, the secret toward the awesomeness of delicious cook is...." she sticked out her cellphone and showed to Krystal, "Youtube videos,"

 

The two beautiful women giggled at each other then.

 

"Anyway... I've been calling just your name and... is that okay? Cause I just knew Korean people address someone older formerly," asked Mina.

 

"O-oh... nothing matter, Mina-sshi. You can call me anything you want to. Krystal unnie is fine and just Krystal also fine. So no worry about that, okay?" replied her with 'ok' sign. She let her eyes roamed around the room for a moment before turning her look at Mina again. "The design of this house is totally impressive. Is that llama or... your dino very good at this? So far that I knew back then, I'm sorry to say, she's really bad at choosing something, you know. There's one day, I asked her to choose the best present for teacher's day and can you guess what she chose?"

 

Mina frowned, shaking her head then.

 

"A teddy bear," told Krystal, flat. "Good thing, our homeroom teacher is kind and had a small kid at home, so she happily received the gift and told Amber she is cute and adorable though," that made they bursted into laughter then.

 

"Oh gawd... I thought Amber was always cool and mature but that was so funny!" stated Mina as she stopped laughing.

 

"Oh please, she's not!" added Krystal, still laughing. The duo spontaneously shifted their heads towards the sliding door as Jessica came out from the bathroom, wearing a pajama already.

 

"What is so funny?" asked Jessica while drying her long hair with a towel. "I think I feel a lot more better after a warm shower. It was my bad day and you're right Soojungie, dont let other ruin my mood for another day. So this is the end, and I'm done with crying,"

 

"See? I told you that everything will be alright, unnie..." said Krystal and rose up from the mattress. She pulled the sister's hand and asked her to sit on the bed. "Join us, unnie. We're gossiping Amber,"

 

The eldest chuckled, surprised. "What? So you two were laughing about her just now?"

 

She watched both Mina and Krystal nodded in the same time, with also the same expression. "Oh goodness, what's so good about Amber huh? She's not really attractive anyway..."

 

"Yes she is not, and that's made me fall for her, Jess," claimed Mina. "You know, Krystal, I was having a hard time back in college when Amber encountered my life. My dream is to be a professional ballerina but at the same time, my parents wanted me to excell in studies. So there was a very unbalance schedule, half of the day with classes and the other half, I went for ballet routine,"

 

Krystal watched the younger face, expressionless. She saw how Mina's eyes glitter when she mentioned about Amber.

 

"Amber was in her final year at the same college while I'm still a freshman. I cried endlessly after I knew my exam result wasnt really satisfying and that Dino accidentally found me in the small corner of the hallroom. She didnt say anything but she gave me her handkerchief and even let me blow my nose with it if I wanted too," Krystal and Jessica giggled as they listened to Mina and Amber's story.

 

"Then, the love at the first sight happened," added Mina again as she looked at those two with a sweet smile. "I confessed to her bluntly in front of other students including Jessica because I was the way too jealous seeing Amber and this sister of yours being very close. You remember that, Jess?"

 

 

"Oh sure I do. Your level of jealosy was totally scary though and thanks Lord Amber isnt senseless anymore like the first time we knew her after your brave confession," said Jessica. "That big nostril sometimes can be really irritating with her super kindness and manner towards everyone,"

 

 

"So..." Krystal tried to ask, "What Amber said when you confess to her then???"

 

 

"Amber is a nice person, Krystal. She smiled at me and gently took my hands with her afterward. She led me to bathroom and asked either I am confuse or not with my feelings. When I replied to her 'I'm sure I like you very much, Amber' then she told she would give a try. It was the most soothest thing ever happened in my entire life and you can imagine how grateful I was back then," the detailed explanation from Mina made Jessica smiled but the other woman, just remain in her uncertain face.

 

Suddenly she remembered the day Amber came to her with a bar of chocolate and confessed her real feelings. The confession was clear and sincere from her tomboy friend but she didnt know how to react or response on that time so she went into a very deep silence, verbally and also treatmently. She ignored Amber until the day she left for Taiwan, finally Krystal realized what she did was immature and so stupid. Amber told her before that she regrets for confessing because she made things awkward between them and she apologized for liking her romantically, which it wasnt even her fault. But the real thing was, Krystal was the one who could take the blame because she forgot her own promise.

 

To stay as Amber's friend forever.

 

She wasnt there for the young Amber when her guardian passed away. She wasnt there when she needed her the most. And she wasnt there to bid a final goodbye for Amber's leaving.

 

Ignoring Mina and Jessica's presence in her situation, Krystal tightly closed her eyes when those flashbacks replay in her mind again. And Amber's innocent smiles appeared.

 

"Soojungie? Are you sleepy??" asked Jessica as she awared of her sister's sudden silence.

 

"Oh, of course she is, Jess. She came here straight away from her office," Mina commented. "You guys sleep well okay? If you need anything, be sure to inform me or Amber,"

 

"Thanks, Mina," replied Jessica as she saw the Japanese slowly went away from their bed. "Good night, Amber's penguin,"

 

 

She laughed and walked to the door before turning to them again,

 

"Haha, yes you too, Amber's best friends," then she twisted the knob and her figure disappeared from the space a few second later.

 

 

Jessica glanced at Krystal secretly.

 

"Amber told me something about you and her,"

 

That made Krystal stared at the older woman, hiding her true expression.

 

"She said, her past formed her present and everything happened just in her memory, Soojung. She learnt to let go her feeling towards you but still she loves you as her first best friend. So no need to be insecure when you saw how lovely Amber with her girlfriend because she deserved that. My Soojungie, I know that was awkward to know your bestie had romantic feeling to you but isnt Amber is the same Amber that you knew for the past 10 years despite of her outside appearances which changed a lot?"

 

The question made Krystal immersed in her thought for a while.

 

 

"Yes, she is still the soft and gentle Amber for me. Even though I didnt approve her feeling back then, I still like Amber as my friend, unnie,"

 

And Jessica smiled at the statement. She caressed her sister's long hair gently and muttered,

 

 

"Finally I know how you feel about her, Soojung and I'm pleased with that," said Jessica. She switched off the vague light of the table lamp and laid down her body on the smooth mattress.

 

"Let's sleep, sister. Tomorrow is waiting for us,"

 

 

"Okay unnie," Krystal replied and slowly let her body touched the bed too like Jessica did. Only she turned to the other side so her back is facing the later and forced her eyes to get closed.

 

Little bit she realized, something had changed on that day.

 

 

 

 

It is her feeling towards Amber, her old best friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

Poor Amber :( *please refer to the latest confession from her at Instagram* No matter what happened, I wish she will be always strong to get through this.

Back to the story,

I think you all can guess what Krystal feels for Amber, right?

 

Good news, I will not let this story end with tears of sorrow, but it will be tears of happiness^^

Just please, trust me okay hehe :p

 

Thanks for waiting, reading, commenting, subscribing and I wont stop repeat my appreciation to all of you, readers. KryBer is the reason we're here so why I must stop from the thing I began by myself, right?

 

I've got messages from some of you asking how I know Malay or Indonesian. I took Malay courses back then in university so I learnt some basic thing. To be honest, my Thai language is not fluent either cause I grew up in church and had read lot of English books too. Somehow, I am proud to be Siamese and quite disappoint with my country. Why? Because majority of the netizen didnt understand English, or more unfortunate cant read or write the alphabets too. Its not like I'm into English but I love foreign languages for the sake of knowledges.

 

Malaysian, Singaporean and Indonesian people are lucky to have English as one of their communcation language and I envy them for that. But little bit I realized, our culture still remain as the same like hundred years ago and that's the lucky part of us^^. Come visit Thailand and I guarantee you will never forget our place once you left.

 

So, I'm out for now!

 

 

Rak khun-khaa, (love you),

 

RYAI.