DUA PULUH ENAM

I'm a Hapless

(Listening to Sandaran Hati by Letto)

 

Krystal dried her wet hair with white towel as she walked into the space and caught the figure of Amber- who is peacefully sleeping on the mattress. She approached the bed and slowly laid beside the tomboy, watching her close.

 

Amber, is there's still the similar love you felt? Like how I'm feeling right now towards you, was it the same thing for 10 years ago? If Myungsoo didnt come between us, could we be together for now? And if... I realize I had feelings on you, and I said yes when you confessed, could something change?

 

And when the handsome face suddenly frowned in her sleep, Krystal's hand sticked out, trying to reach for Amber's forehead. That's when the engagement ring which tightly encased around her tiny finger made she stopped instantly.

 

"We had been together for 10 years, I think we should stay forever like this, so Krystal, will you marry me?"

 

She reenacted the day when Myungsoo proposed to her, during their dinner-date.

 

The mix feelings rushingly engaged herself as she backed up from the bed, knowing nothing to do for the moment. Afterward, her confuse-mind talked to her, "She has Mina for now, Krystal. You will hurt both of them if you dare to step one further move than this. For your own sake, hold it for a while,"

 

"What I have to do now, Helmoni? I'm confused," whispered Krystal, staring at the old frame which standing firmly on the vanity table. She looked through the other stuff before releasing a long-sigh- disappointed of herself. Then, she took a glimpse at the sleeping Amber. 

 

"I should stop whatever I'm thinking, right? Rather than ruining everything I have, friends will be much better for us, Amber," she mentally said, with a sad feeling.

 

Suddenly, the crashing sound of thunder, alongside with the strike on the dark sky startled the woman. She quickly left the vanity table and ran to the bed, laying her body beside Amber while pulling the blanket closed to her. The trembling-Krystal finally woke Amber up.

 

"Krys," the boyish called, fighting to make her eyes open. "What's wrong?"

 

"I-I---m afraid," replied Krystal with her eyes shut tightly.

 

Amber looked at the pretty face before turning herself at the windows when the thunder strikes again.

"Oh, big girl still afraid of that thunder huh?"

 

"Its not a good time for your lame joke," said Krystal which made Amber chuckled.

 

"Haish, its just a thunder, Krys. It cant harm you, we're safe here in the house so dont be afraid,"

 

"I dont like the sound, Amber. My heart pounded faster than normal,"

 

"You... have heart disease???"

 

She hissed annoyingly, "Stupid,"

 

Amber laughed a little before she rested her head on her own arm, staring close at Krystal's flawless face. Then, she calmy soothed, "No fear, Krys. I'm here,"

 

And Krystal opened her eyes.

 

They stared at each other deeply before Amber was the one who caressed Krystal's hair gently. She pushed her body closer to Krystal's and hugged her upper body, letting her warmth enveloped the tiny figure.

 

"Helmoni will hug me when I'm upset or didnt feel right with something," whispered Amber. "So I hope this will make your fear go away. I wish its work for you,Krys,"

 

As she felt the later's calm heartbeat, her hand slowly touched Amber's back, smoothly caressed them. She closed her eyes again and moved closer until her head met Amber's shoulder.

 

"Thank you, Amber," she said.

 

The tomboy hummed to her friend, feeling her eyes heavy again. "Let's sleep now, please. We have to leave early tomorrow cause I need to meet my business partner at Ilsan,"

 

"You such a busy llama," complained Krystal.

 

"Oh, much busier than you think, Krys,"

 

"I thought all llama can do is just being stupid,"

 

"Aish, when would you stop with that, Krys???"

 

Krystal smiled secretly. She inhaled Amber's scent and with a little bit force, she snuggled even more closer. The embrace made she forgot the thunder which keep roaring and lightning outside the window.

 

She didnt remember about her fiance anymore and all she knew was to appreciate that moment with Amber, because the day after, maybe she will never get the chance to be close like that again. So, she cherished their embrace as long as she could, until their heartbeats slowed down and at the end, they both drifted to the dreamland.

 

And,

Krystal didnt realized, she had curved a smile in her sleep.

 

 

***

 

(Listening to Really Really by Winner) 

 

She sipped the drink and put down the mug back on the table, eyes still piercing through the music notes. 

 

"Ms. CEO, you gave me such a hard kid to train," L.E, the woman with beanie on her head came in as she opened the door wide. 

 

"Oh? Really?" 

 

LE nodded, "I know she's young, but there's still a lot to be improve. To reach a level, to be a good singer like Jessica, we need a smooth plan," 

 

Amber compressed her lips, thinking for a second. "She's good at rapping, LE. We cant expect her to be as same as Jessica. Like what I presented last week, new music culture, I had looked beyond than that. Perhaps, Chaeyoung can be our precious star after this," 

The older woman stared at the boyish seriously then shifted her attention to white screen. 

"Yeah, your plan always work, CEO-nim. What ever you do, I follow," 

 

"Is that the sound of disappointment?" 

 

"Not really," LE replied and walked to the other computerized music item. "You mind to know what is the best plan for future?" then she take a look at Amber. 

 

"Sure, I would love to know," 

 

LE stared straight to Amber's dark brown eyes as she said, 

 

"Form a girl group where Chaeyoung will be the lead rapper," 

 

The young entreperneur automatically glued at her seat, watching LE, who is still in her relax mode. "Do you mean that a bunch of girls who can sing and dance? Like Girls' Generation?" 

 

"Hmm, there you are. Absolutely right," LE thumbs up to her. 

 

"But, it will cost a lot of time to create that kind of group,dont you think???"  replied Amber, with her disagree tone. 

 

"You will not know unless you give a try, take the risk, plan strategically and wait for the outcomes, Amber Liu. Girls' Generation is world-wide phenomenon and they weren't on the top immediately after debut. They climbed the stairs of success step by step. Oh come on, you know that," 

 

"I know, but here, we're talking about a new label like us, very foreign, very brand new. Producing a girl band could create a mess too," 

 

LE sighed as she rolled her eyes at her boss. 

 

"This is just my suggestion, Your Highness. If you think its good, take it as advice, if not, just let me keep it for myself. One day I will create my own label and form a girl group," 

 

Amber chuckled, "One day huh? When is the day? Thousand years later?" 

 

LE glared, "Dont be too proud because you own this label, Ms. Liu. You have to thank me too because if I'm not around, you couldnt find anyone better, who can compose a great lyrics like me yeh," 

 

"Well, I couldnt deny that, Ms. Ahn," said Amber, playfully clapped her hands. "Thank you LE for being a part of this label or not, I cant produce a great song," 

 

"Enough-enough, will ya?" replied LE annoyingly. Suddenly she remembered she had seen something. "Oh by the way, I think I saw Mina at the lobby. Probably searching for you,Ber" 

The tomboy looked at the woman, while frowning, 

 

"She's here??? I didnt even get any text," she mumbled and reached for the cellphone. "Why she's here around this time? Usually we'll just have dinner together at house, not for lunchtime though," 

 

LE just shrugged her shoulder. 

"The truth is, I dont know either," 

 

Then, it was the moment when the figure of her girlfriend appeared which made both Amber and LE instantly turned their head at the door. 

 

Mina's red face and her wet cheeks forced Amber to leave her seat as she walked further to the girlfriend. 

 

"Baby, what's wrong??? Why are you crying???" the taller figure wiped her lover's tears with her thumb as she looked into her eyes. 

 

Mina fight hard between her sobs as she replied, 

 

 

"My daddy just passed away," and she hugged Amber's body tight, continuously cried. 

 

The boyish exchanged looks with LE then, sharing the same surprise expression. 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________

 

Next will be interval okay. Thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and upvoting this story! 

Ryai loves all of you sincerely!