Avoidance

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

The next day at school, you were expecting students to be gossiping around you and giving you weird stares because you were L's girlfriend, but surprisingly, none of that happened. Instead the usual people gave you stares and even muttered incoherent words about you (but you were sure that they were anything but compliments).

*Hmm… Has Myungsoo not told anyone about our relationship yet? I'll ask him later at lunch… Or whenever I see him today.* You giggled and blushed at the thought of seeing L, earning you a few weird stares from peers.

You were humming a happy tune, getting your books out from your locker, when the corner of your eye caught Infinite your way. You gasped in surprise and quickly closed your locker, hugged your books in front of your chest, smiling in L's way.

Just when L was coolly looking around the halls, he spotted you in the crowd and yesterday's memories rushed right back him. *… I forgot that I'm officially Kwon ~~~~'s "boyfriend"…*

The other members of Infinite seemed to have sensed that L was being tense and their eyes all quickly diverted to you. Trying to help delay L having to meet or talk to you, Infinite all started busily initiating conversation with L.

"Yah, Myungsoo-ah. Did you watch that show I copied for you?" Dongwoo patted L's shoulder roughly. "Dude, you need to come over and help me with my assignment, Myungsoo-ah," Woohyun also joined in. "Hyung! You said you would dance to girl group dances with me!" The maknae whined.

With Infinite surrounding L completely, you couldn't even see his face properly because of their tall structure.

L smirked as he stole  a look at you. *Escaped once.* You looked at Infinite's disappearing figures down the halls and sighed. *Well, I guess I'll just see him at lunch then.*

Lunch came and went. You couldn't catch a glimpse of L anywhere. *Where is he…* Your head turned from left to right quickly, afraid that you would miss him in a second.

But L wasn't there. L wasn't at the cafeteria at all. Instead, he got Sungyeol to get his lunch for him and had everyone sit outside and eat.

"Sorry guys, for having to make you sit here with me…" L poked his food around, not making eye-contact with anyone.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, Sunggyu's. "It's not your fault. Plus, it's good to get a breath of fresh air sometimes." The leader was always good at consoling people.

"Thank hyung," L smiled appreciatively at his leader and continued eating his food.

"But dude, you can't just keep avoiding her, you know? You've got to meet, or at least talk to her. I mean, you're stuck with her for two months. Might as well make the most of it, right?" Dongwoo was right. L couldn't avoid her for two months straight and then break up with her.

"I know, I know. Just… Just let me think this through. I need… I need to figure things out before I can face her." L sighed and poked his food again.

*It's not like I distaste her or anything but… I just really can't bring myself to accept her as my girlfriend… What am I gonna say to her when I see her next…* L sighed, looking up to the sky, hoping a solution would suddenly find its way to him.

---------------

Sorry for the short chapter >< There'll be a longer one for the next chapter, promise :DD

& Yay~~ Everybody likes Minah ~~ :DD

& I'd also just like to say 'Thank you' to those who find this particular story encouraging or somewhat inspiring to them because they're either unsatisfied with their weight or looks. No-one is perfect (I don't have the ideal weight or the looks), but hey, we've just got to live with it ^^

So yeah, thank you everyone~~~ <33