Two Girls

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

After lunch, you hurried into the classroom with your chin practically stuck to your chest. *He did it! He did it! He really did it! Oh my god!* Your face was flaming red, half from that amazing (and first ever) confession you just received. The other half, from the fact that L had listened to you and announced your relationship together as an official couple.

You bit down on your lip to try and constrain the obvious happiness that you were experiencing but when there're ups, there are downs.

Walking through the corridors, girls and guys alike were giving you weird stares.

"Why did Myungsoo-oppa do that?" "Dude, that L guy must've been nuts." "Do you think oppa was drunk last night and came to school without sobering up?" "I bet it's some sort of prank."

Whispers, gossip and sometimes even harsh words made their way to your ears. But you didn't care. You were happy and content with the events that happened today and was fine to have the people say whatever they wanted.

You sat down at your desk and got your books out. You sighed in content and relived the moment over and over again in your head. You couldn't have asked for more. All throughout the lesson, you just rested your chin on your palm, smiling foolishly to yourself, in a daze.

But a few girls from across the classroom would not stop giving you death stares.

"That … She stole our Myungsoo-oppa. How dare she!?" Kyungmi quietly hissed. "Well, we'll just have a little talk to her about it after school then…" Kyungmi's friend, Hayoung raised a daring eyebrow at you, whose head was still up in cloud nine.

As school ended, you packed your books quickly. You wanted to meet L before he was out of the gates. Your footsteps were light and happily skipped out of the classroom. Kyungmi and Hayoung were however, packing their things slowly, observing your every move.

"I bet she's running off to meet her Myungsoo-oppa," Kyungmi said, scrunching her face up and speaking with a nasally voice to mock you.

"Yeah well, that's if she can get that 70kg of hers to him before we get to her. Come on, let's go," Hayoung hurried.

You waited at the gates for L, but he was nowhere to be seen, and neither was Infinite. *Did he leave already…? And I wanted to at least say 'Goodbye' to him…* You pouted and played with your fingers. Just as you were about to leave, an arm was stretched in front of you. You looked up through your bangs to see that it was Kyungmi and Hayoung.

"Um… Do-Do you guys w-want something?" You stuttered. Although Kyungmi and Hayoung weren't queenkas or anything, they did have a little reputation for being "rough" with people that displeased them.

"At lunch… It was pretty… I don't know… Unexpected?" Hayoung said, raising an eyebrow, carefully observing your expressions.

Without thinking through, a blissful smile spread across your face. Seeing your face glow with happiness made Kyungmi and Hayoung's blood boil even more. "Yah! Kwon ~~~~! You're not the right person for Myungsoo-oppa, okay? We are! So you better stay the hell away from him!" Kyungmi raged.

You looked up with a shocked expression and was about to speak, but Hayoung had butted in. "Yeah, you leave Myungsoo-oppa alone, and we'll leave you alone, okay?" Hayoung picked a strand of hair from  head and twirled it around her finger, pulling you dangerously close. "And you don't want that. You don't want us to be your enemies."

Your eyes immediately looked down, darting away from Hayoung's fierce gaze. You did nothing but stand their and let them hiss their threats at you.

L saw you from the distance while walking in the distance and squinted at your plump figure. *I guess she does have friends.* L was about to shrug it off and walk away, but something about the way that the two girls surrounding you bugged him so strained his eyes a bit more and walked a little closer.

"Look, leave Myungsoo-oppa alone or you'll have the whole student body turn on you!" Kyungmi yelled, loud enough for L to hear.

*What the…* "Hey!" L yelled, with a tone that spelled anything but a friendly greeting. Hayoung and Kyungmi rolled their eyes, pissed that they were interrupted and whipped their head back, rotating their jaw. But when they realised that it was their beloved Myungsoo-oppa, calling out to them, they immediately put their fierce gaze away and fixed their hair quickly, flashing L a completely fake shy smile.

"L, what are you doing here?" Hayoung beamed, curling a piece of hair around her finger. "I should be asking you that question," L dangerously growled, jerking his head towards your direction.

"Oh, um… We… We were just… talking," Kyungmi poorly lied, showing her set of pearly whites as a sign of 'sincerity'.

"Were they, ~~~~-ah? Were they just talking to you?" L asked. You looked up to him with slightly watery eyes. Kyungmi and Hayoung also turned their heads towards you. "Yeah, ~~~~. Tell L that we were just talking to you, nothing more," Hayoung said through gritted teeth.

Not wanting to make a hard decision, you just let them make it for you. You hung your head in silence, earning satisfied smirks from the two girls before turning back and smiling widely at L. "See? Just friendly talk," Kyungmi reassured.

"Yeah, well it didn't look that way to me. Come here, baby girl," L walked towards you and put his arm around your neck, "Let's get you home. Next time those kind of girls talk to you, don't talk to them. I don't want my baby girl to be tainted by them, okay?" L pointed and swirled his finger around, indicating that "those kind of girls" were Hayoung and Kyungmi.

Hayoung and Kyungmi's blood boiled. Seeing L act intimate to you, pouting for you to let him take you home was too much for them to watch. But they couldn't get on L's bad side either, or else they'd lose their already slim chance with him forever.

"Um, okay. I guess we'll see you tomorrow, L-sshi." Hayoung hurriedly ran past you two, with Kyungmi following close behind.

L smirked at the sight of those two girls running away. *Yeah, and you thought you can bully my girlfriend. Hmph, not a chance.* Just as L proudly tilted his chin upwards and smiling happily, he just realised that he had called you his 'girlfriend' in his mind. L's eyes bugged out and looked down at you, who was still in his arms.

He quickly lifted his arm off and coughed awkwardly into his fist. "Um… Well, I'll just get going now." L was about to slip away when you called him from behind. "Oppa! Aren't you going to take me home?"

L clucked his tongue. *! I forgot about that. Well, I guess I'll have to take her home then…*

L turned around and gave you a half-hearted smile. "Okay, which way?" "This way," you beamed, pointing L's opposite direction and walked home happily with L's company.

 

"Oh my god, unnie! The biggest thing happened today!" Sookyung squealed excitedly over the phone. A tinkling laughter was heard. "Really? And what would that be?" Minah was on the phone with her junior, Sookyung, whom she had grown close to during the times when she used to attend Woolim High as well.

 "Unnie's cousin, that L guy, he confessed to a girl! He stood up on top of his table at the cafeteria and officially announced his girlfriend!! It was so romantic!!" While Sookyung was busily squealing and fangirl-ing away, Minah couldn't help but crack a smile.

*So he did listen to my advice? And he did it before Tuesday as well. Wow, I'm proud of him, for once.* Minah smirked and waited for Sookyung to stop spazzing.

"So, who's this lucky girl?" Minah asked. She kept forgetting to chase Myungsoo up on the details of his girlfriend.

But this was the part where Sookyung sighed. "Unnie… Although the confession was really romantic… The girl was just…" Sookyung heaved another heavy sigh. "Why what's wrong with her?" Minah pressed. *She can't be that bad.*

"Her name's Kwon ~~~~. She's this majorly overweight girl. I seriously wonder how she got L as her boyfriend. I mean seriously… Was L drunk or something?" While Sookyung blabbered on about random things, Minah had stopped listening a long time ago.

*Kwon ~~~~? The Kwon ~~~~? The same Kwon ~~~~ that I know!? Oh god… This isn't going to turn out good…*

Minah hung up on Sookyung without a warning and walked over to her bed and sat on it, raking her fingers through her hair, trying to clear her thoughts.

--------------------------