Packing Your Bags

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

"Soojung-ah… What am I gonna do?" You asked, for the umpteenth time today after reaching home. "I don't know… I mean… if you go, what if your heart wavers again? Especially because you're gonna be all alone with him… At his holiday house in the middle of nowhere?!" Even Soojung couldn't give you any reliable advice. She too, was shaken up by this news.

"Maybe… I should ask Minah…" Your voice was sounded blank and vague. You grabbed your phone and speed-dialled Minah. "Minah-yah… Do you know what happened to me today?"

"Yeah. Myungsoo told me about it today. Are you thinking of going?" Surprisingly, Minah's voice was calm and collected, completely opposite of what Soojung's were when she first heard the news. And it was this element that made you pay attention to something for the first time today.

"Well… I say you go. Not because I'm Myungsoo's cousin or that I'm biased, but because I think this will be a good chance for you. Really. It'll be a good chance for you to test your determination. If your heart wavers, and you feel that you will fall for Myungsoo again… then I think it's best that we stop this now. You'll never make it. But if you stay strong throughout the time you've stayed at his holiday house… Then, I'll dedicate all my time after your high school graduation into transforming you. How does that sound?"

"Minah-yah…" Minah's dedication to you came unexpected. This just gave you more to think about. A brief silence was met on the line.

"Okay, I'm going," you decided. Soojung just gave you a smile and it was as if you could feel Minah smiling on the other end of the line too. "I promise I won't let you down," you said simultaneously to Soojung and Minah.

 

********************

 

The next day at school, you didn't know whether or not to go and find L so you could tell him or to just stay put. So you just waited for L to come to you.

"So… have you made up your mind about the trip to my holiday house?" L showed his teeth through an awkward nervous smile.

It would've made you giggle, if it weren't for the fact that you decided to close your heart off to him. "Yeah, I'll go." You showed him the smile you had practiced so long. The one where you were only smiling to satisfy the other person, even if you were bleeding on the inside.

"Great!" L had no idea it was a fake smile, and smiled so widely, his eye-smile was in full bloom. "Oh, Sunggyu-hyung is gonna be there as well… So it won't just be the two of us. I hope you don't mind, because his parents are going overseas so yeah… They asked if he could stay with me and I said yes… You can bring Soojung along too if you want."

*YES!* You thought. *If I have Soojung with me, I won't fall for him that easily!* "Awesome! I'll ask Soojung when I see her today.

 

"Soojung-ah!" You stood at the door and yelled across the classroom, all the way to Soojung, who was in the back corner. "Oh my god…" Soojung just shrunk in her chair, using her book to cover her face so she wouldn't have to feel the awkward stares of classmates. *I hate it when she does this…*

But you didn't care. You just happily skipped towards Soojung but this time, you didn't knock any of the desks or chairs like you always did. You stopped with your eyes wide open and looked at the clean path behind you. *Whoa! I guess I've lost some centimetres around my waist.* You smiled to yourself and patted your waist and pulled the book down from Soojung's face.

"You're coming over with me to the holiday house!" You happily announced. "WHAT?!" Soojung stood up from her chair and stared at you, bewildered. Till she realised that she was now the centre of attention once again and sat back down with a red face. "Why are you making me embarrass myself? But why? Why am I going to the holiday house with you? Aren't you having some alone time with that guy?" 

You rolled your eyes. Soojung absolutely hated L and refused to call him by his name recently. "Yeah well, his friend, Sunggyu, had to come as well, so he suggested that I bring you too. What do you say? Come with me?" You beamed.

Soojung felt a pang in her heart, like someone just hammered it once. *S-Sunggyu?* "No, definitely not."

Your face dropped and automatically started pouting. "But Soojung-ah!~ You whined. It'll be less awkward if you were there with me~" Whining, you swung Soojung's arm to and fro.

"No. No means no, ~~~~," Soojung firmly stated.

 

"Alright, what're you gonna pack for the trip, Soojung?" You happily said, going through your closet and picking out clothes. But Soojung just sat there sulking, crossing her arms and sitting on your bed. Throughout the day, there was not one moment of peace where you wouldn't stop whining and complaining and . And finally, after hours of consistent disturbance, Soojung finally gave in. "I don't care… Just put anything in." "Are you sure…?"

Soojung immediately bounded off your bed. Your tone of voice was suggestive, and just as Soojung stopped you, you had a racy bra in your hand. "What are you doing with that?!" Soojung said. "What! You said I could put anything in, remember?" You snickered. Soojung rolled her eyes and took her bag. "Okay, okay! I'll go and back my own things! I'll be back with a bag full of sensible clothing." Soojung gave you a death stare while you just giggled away. "Oh, Soojung."

 

********************

 

School was out and the winter holidays came. "Okay, um… I'll pick you up from your house tomorrow, yeah?" Myungsoo said. You nodded and smiled, "Yeah, sure. Here's my address. Soojung will be there as well so yeah." "Alright, cool. I'll pick you up at 8 am then."

You just smiled and wave. "You'll enjoy it! Really!" You encouraged, wrapping your arm around Soojung's shoulder. "Yeah… We'll see…" "But before we leave tomorrow… We need to talk."

Soojung sighed. "Yeah, what is it?" "What is Sunggyu to you?"

"He was… my first love."

-------------------------------------

Harro!! :D

Thank you to everyone who went and checked out my sister's fic! :D An even more special thank you to those who subscribed and commented :D it really made her day~

& I'm sure since I don’t update as often as she does, you can read hers while you wait for mine :L

& also a big thank you to sapphireELF15 who made this chapter's poster ^^ Thank you so much! I'm really sorry it took me this long to put it up ><