Two "Different" People

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

You looked out the window of an unfamiliar skyline. The penthouse suite you and Soojung resided in gave a magnificent view of New York city, however, it didn’t compensate for the loneliness I felt inside. 

 

“You know, babe, you can always just send him a text. Or an email. It wouldn’t hurt to let him know where you are right now. I mean, you did leave without a peep,” Soojung advised, as she took a seat next to you, bringing her knees to her chest, trying to keep all the warmth she can in the cold American winter.

 

But you shook your head. “I’m afraid for his answer. What if he’s angry? What if… he didn’t even notice…” 

Hearing you heave a sigh, Soojung put an arm around your broad shoulders and pulled you close. Without saying a word, the two of you just sat and stared, each immersed into your own thoughts.

 

School enrolment was done within a month, and it was organised that both you and Soojung would attend international schools, as it would be easier to integrate you into English and the American culture without being into it too quickly. 

 

You were glad that you could still speak Korean at school, but you would always try your best to speak as much English as possible during class. Soojung would sometimes chuckle at your mispronunciation, which you would pout in reply, but she would then correct you and regularly give you English tests at home.

 

Settling into a new environment took longer than expected, and therefore put the weight loss program back. However, after six months of adjusting to the New York life, it finally began. 

 

********************

 

Three years later

 

“You know, ~~~~, Seoul seems better than it used to be. Well, the airport at least,” Soojung chuckled, as she took off her sunglasses and looked around Incheon airport.

 

“Your geography really is bad. Babe, this is Incheon, not Seoul.” You clucked your tongue at Soojung’s poor general knowledge and threw your hair back into a pony tail, revealing your prominent collarbone through your sheer black chiffon blouse. 

 

Soojung looked your way and parted her lips to mouth the words ‘Wow’. “Sometimes, I forget how much weight you’ve lost and still expect to see that adorable panda that Kim Myungsoo loved all so much,” she teased.

You threw her a dirty look in return and Soojung understood what ran through your mind. “Okay, okay. I won’t mention him… for now.”

 

You shook your head and pushed your luggage along, attracting wandering eyes with your body and beauty. 

 

 

As the keys turned the lock to your luxurious mansion, a beautiful golden retriever lept from behind the door and jumped onto you, almost making you tumble over your luggage. “Whoa, clam down there, Goldie!” Your smile as as bright as its honey-golden fur as you patted its fur lovingly. 

 

“~~~~-ah! We’ve missed you so much! Oh honey, you’ve lost so much weight! You look so skinny! Dear, I think we need to feed our daughter more!” You watched as your mother fuss over you and then call towards your father. Your heart warmed as you saw your father running towards the door in excitement to welcome you home. 

 

“Oh dear, you are a lot skinnier. I don’t even recognise you! Welcome home, sweetheart.” Your father gave you his usual smile and took you into an embrace. 

 

“Ahjusshi, ahjumma! Don’t forget about me!” And out popped Soojung from behind you, with her energetic aura spreading around and infecting everyone. 

 

 

When your parents finally let you and Soojung go up to your room and have a little private chat, the both of you dropped dead on your bed, face first. You surfaced for air first. “Damn, my parents have become serious interrogators over the years. It’s not like I haven’t visited them during the years…” Although you complained, you knew that your parents meant well and couldn’t bring yourself to scold them any further.

 

“But you’re back for good this time. I bet they’re so happy to have you back with them. I mean, as the saying goes… Erm… I don’t know, I forgot, but you know what I mean!”

 

You threw a pillow in Soojung’s face and chuckled. “I don’t think so, but thanks for the um… insight? Haha.”

 

“But onto the main event that’s coming up in a week. High school reunions, aren’t they the best?” Soojung took another pillow and her back, shoving it under her head. “You know it’s gonna be unavoidable that you’re gonna see him, right? What are you gonna do when you do?” Soojung’s sharp question stung you where it hurt most and you your back too. 

 

“I don’t know… But I’ll let you know, haha.” You let that question slide and hoped that Soojung understood that you still weren’t ready to talk about it. 

 

“Alright then… Hey, at least you’re on a magazine spread. You made them Calvin Klein Jeans look like they were made for you. Damn girl, you knew how to work that camera,” Soojung said, as she snapped her fingers and did a duck face pout, drawing a laughter from you.

 

 

********************

 

Sungyeol opened up a page from a men’s fashion magazine and his eyes were fixed on a certain female model, modelling for Calvin Klein Jeans. “Damn, she’s hot. Let’s stalk her on the internet and see.”

 

As Sungyeol’s eyes scanned the bottom of the page for the model’s name, he laughed and tapped Hoya on the shoulder. “Oh my gosh, look! The model has the same name as Kwon ~~~~! It’s funny how two people who has the same name can look so different. Oi, can you imagine the Kwon ~~~~ we know modelling like this?”

 

Hoya peeked over and chuckled as well. “Nah, no way. I can’t imagine her like that. She seems too naive for something like this.”

 

Soon, L walked over and stole a peep as well, and immediately scoffed. “She’s not that hot anyway. My panda could do so much better.”

 

Sungyeol just rolled his eyes and clucked his tongue. “Whatever, man. You know she can’t beat this hot piece of .” He bit his lip seductively and continued to drool over the picture.

 

-----------------------------------

 

I’VE FINALLY UPDATED!

HAPPY (belated) VALENTINE’S DAY, EVERYONE! I’m so sorry for the lack of updates but since I’m going through my final year in high school… it’s going to be quite stressful so yeah…

I’m going to be putting this on a semi-hiatus. Thank you all for being so patient with me. *bows*