An All-You-Can-Eat Buffet

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

Looking at your phone, it had been ringing non-stop for the past few days. After the discovering the truth about why L was dating you, you hadn't been to school for the past few days either.

Curled up in a ball on the bed, you just watched your phone ring and ring. If it was Soojung calling, then you'd pick up right away. But the problem was, it was L.

Tears trickled down your cheeks once again at the thought of what had happened that night. Scenes and hurtful words replayed itself in your mind but you tried to close your eyes to shut them out.

*Kim Myungsoo… I thought you were better than that… I thought you were…. different.*

Your phone stopped ringing, and the message was sent to your voicemail instead. Once again, silence reigned over the room, making you feel the density of your loneliness and how heavy the air could feel.

"Soojung-ah…" You sobbed. Right now, you needed your best friend the most.

Suddenly, you phone rang again, and you groaned and rolled your eyes. But this time, since it was only a text message, you decided to at least check it, in case it was something important.

"Oh, it's Soojung!" Your eyes widened and your lips finally cracked into a wide smile. Tapping the screen to open the message, you smiled.

~~~~-ah! I'm coming over to Korea, alright!? Just you wait! >:D - Soojungie

Your heart felt warm and fuzzy on the inside. *Aw, Soojung-ah… I'm so glad I have a friend like you… Even though I know it's impossible for you to come to Korea, it's the thought that counts the most.* You held your phone close to your chest and closed your eyes, smiling.

"Well, there's no point in just crying here. What should I do to ease my pain… Hm…" You pointed your index finger up in the air and cheered. "AN ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT BUFFET! WOOHOO!"

You ran downstairs, hoping to find your parents in the living room. "Umma, appa!" You cried, waddling as fast as you can down the stairs.

"Yes, honey?" Your mum's voice was heard and soon, you saw her sitting on the couch, leisurely reading a magazine.

"Umma, where's appa?" You asked, slightly panting. "He went out just a moment ago, why, dear? Is there something important you need to tell him?"

Although you were a bit sad that your father couldn't join you today, you were just as happy to spend the day with your mother.

"Umma! Let's go out and eat lunch!" You beamed, your eyes full of hope and anticipation. Your mother kindly smiled and nodded. "Sure dear, where do you want to eat?" "An all-you-can-eat buffet!"

After a 30min drive, you and your mother arrived at a buffet place in Itaewon.

"Umma, come on! I'm starving!" You hurried in and told the waiter to get a table for you. Your mother just watched your happy and excited self from behind. *My dear baby has been down lately… I'm glad she's being herself again. Food is probably the only thing that can make her happy.*

The second your bottom made contact with your chair, you stood up again. "Umma, can you mind the table while I go get some food? Please?" You fluttered your lashes and smiled as sweetly as you could. Your mother chuckled and nodded her head. "Of course dear. Take your time. Umma isn't really that hungry." "Okay!"

With that, you indeed zoomed off the grab a plate, and then zoomed off to grab food. Your eyes lit up with happiness and blissfulness, seeing the array of all the different sorts of food laid out before you.

"Wah! I'm gonna grab this, and this, and this, and this. Heehee," you smiled. Soon, Mt. Food formed on your plate, in which you happily carried back to your table.

"Omo! ~~~~-ah, you've got so much on your plate! Are you going to be able to finish it all?" Your mother asked, trying to see your face around the mountain of food.

"Of course umma! Just you wait. I'll be finished by the time you come back." With a fork in one hand and a knife in the other, you started digging in.

"Alright then…" Your mother left you to eat with an unsure expression.

Drowning yourself in the happiness of calories, you've forgotten all about Myungsoo already. It was at the back of your mind, but it wasn't bothering you as much.

And just like you said, by the time your mother had come back to the table with her petite amount of food, you had already finished and wanted dessert. "Umma, I’m gonna get desserts, okay?" Your mother nodded, and off you went, with another plate.

While scanning the rows of intricately designed cakes and sweets, you accidentally bumped sides with someone.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you. I-I'll just be on my way now." You bowed apologetically and wanted to scurry off but the stranger's hand grabbed onto your shoulder. "~~~~?"

You gasped and hunched your shoulders. *! He's totally going to yell and scream at me now. Oh my god!*

"Y-Yes?" Turning around slowly, you didn't dare look the person in the eye, just in case it was some scary wrestler guy with massive scary tattoos on his arms. "~~~~-ah…"

This time, your heart sank again. But not because of your fear that you were going to be scolded in public, but because you knew who that voice belonged to. Kim Myungsoo.

"~~~~-ah… So it was you…" You could feel tear at the brim of your eyes. Just his voice would send your heart into a frenzy.

L's eyes softened, as did his heart. *~~~~… I finally get to see you. I've wanted to explain to you that it was all a misunderstanding. I've wanted to just… hear your voice.*

Just as L parted his lips to say something, you beat him to it.

"I-I've got to go. Um… I hope you have a n-nice meal." Setting your plate down, you lowered your head even more and hurried off to where your table was.

"Umma, let's go," in a hurried tone, you grabbed your mother's arm and dragged her out of her seat. "Dear, what's wrong? What's the rush?" "Come on umma. I'll tell you once we leave." Grabbing your bags, you rushed out the door without turning back.

"~~~~!" You heard L yell. Your mother turned back to see who was yelling your name. *Hmm… Maybe he's the one causing ~~~~ to be so down lately…*

L sighed and dejectedly went back to his table, where the rest of Infinite were. "Yo man!" Sungyeol greeted.

L gave him a tight-lipped smile and sat down with slumped shoulders. "Bro, what's the matter? By the way… did I just hear you yell out Kwon ~~~~'s name just then? Dude, was she just here!? I bet her plate was full of stuff. It is a buffet after all," Hoya remarked. Infinite all howled with laughter and hi-fived each other, with the exception of Woohyun and L. Woohyun was quietly observing L. *Should I tell the guys about this… They're going overboard.*

"Look, if you're going to diss your friend's crush, then I don't think my real friends. I'm out." L pushed his chair back and left, emitting a cool atmosphere around him. "Guys, you were too much. You know that L is serious about ~~~~, right?" Woohyun gave Infinite a look of disapproval and walked after L.

Infinite's table turned quiet, as they all looked at each other. "Hyungs… I think… we did go overboard… Maybe we should cut back on the fat jokes on ~~~~-sshi," Sungjung quietly said.

"Yeah… I think… we should stop. Let's go apologise to Myungsoo after this," Hoya suggested. All the guys unanimously nodded and agreed, with half of them going off to get food, while the other half sat down and looked after the table.

---------------

I'm so sorry for not updating ><

First update after the AFF crash :DD

& HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIM MYUNGSOO AND KIM ELI!! ^^ *throws confetti*