Saved by the Bell

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

Because Soojung came back on a Sunday evening, there wasn't much you could do to catch up with her. A late night wouldn't do, because you had school tomorrow. Sighing, you hugged your pillow and looked at your clock. "11 o'clock… I should go to bed now…"

Your mood wasn't the best. Although Soojung was back in Korea with you under the same roof, going to school meant seeing your peers. But more importantly, it meant seeing L.

A soft rat-ta-tat was heard on your door and wearily turning your head, you said, "Yes? Come in?" Unexpectedly, in peeked Soojung. "Soojung-ah! What're you doing here?" You beamed. The only person that could make you forget about all your worries right now was Soojung.

"Hey~ Were you about to go to sleep? Did I wake you up?" Soojung was being carefully with her tone of voice, keeping it soft and almost to a whisper, so that if she did wake you up, you wouldn't be too disturbed.

"Mmh… I was about to… But then, other things were on my mind, so I decided to stay awake a bit more," you smiled. Inviting Soojung to come to the bed and sit with you, you patted the space next to you. "Come."

Grinning from ear to ear, Soojung ran towards you and literally jumped to the spot right next to you, making the bed bounce and almost throw you off it. "Whoa! Soojung-ah! Calm your farm! You seemed to have gained some weight, having to be able to almost bounce me off the bed," you winked, nudging your side with your elbow.

"Oh, shut up. This is what America does to you babe. Have you seen the size of their servings of KFC and McDonalds? It's like, whoa!" You laughed as Soojung continued to rant on and on about the things in America that were making her fat. Soon, your eyelids closed, as drowsiness took over. Without even noticing, you slid down and slept.

When Soojung turned back around towards to ask you about your opinion on what Korean servings at KFC and McDonalds were, when she saw that you were sound asleep. Smiling, Soojung tucked you in nicely and looked around the room for a magazine to read. When she found a Vogue lying around, she flipped through it, smiling.

*I'm glad I got to come back to Korea to be here with you, ~~~~-ah.* But then, it turned into a sigh. *Stupid 12 hour time difference! Screw you! Now I can't sleep…*

 

The next morning, Soojung had fallen asleep, with the Vogue magazine still in her hands. Yawning and stretching, it was the start of a new day. You smiled at the sleeping Soojung, who looked as peaceful as ever. *I think I might just leave her a note to tell her that I've left for school. It'd be too cruel to just wake her up now from a long, tiring flight.*

Trying to be considerate, you shifted Soojung's position so she was now lying flat on her back, with her head on the pillow, rather than sitting up against the headboard and hanging her head. Tucking her in, you admired your own handy work and grinned. "She should thank me later for saving her from snapping her neck," you laughed.

You then proceeded to skip to your bathroom and washed your face, brushed your teeth and your usual morning routine.

When you were done, you quickly rushed out of the bathroom with you uniform on, and made a bolt for the living. "Umma, appa! I'm gonna be late!" You yelled. "Aigoo, child! Don't raise your voice in the morning," your father lightly scolded. Bowing slightly, you apologised and looked at the dinner table for your breakfast. And as usual, a hearty and beautifully made breakfast by the chefs were laid out invitingly on the table.

"Well… I guess if I was going to run to school… I might as eat for energy, right?" Knowing that it was the wrong logic, you still smiled evilly and sat down at the table, devouring everything in sight.

"Okay, I'm going to go now, bye!" You happily waved, having your stomach filled to the max and your energy replenished.

A bright smile was worn all the way to school while you were riding in your car. Just the thought of being able to see Soojung when you get home and being able to spend time with her on weekends and such put you in such a good mood, you couldn't help but smile widely to express it.

But that smile was wiped off as soon as you stepped out of your car. Why? Because the first thing you saw when you got out was a bunch of girls crowding around something, all screaming and squealing. It didn't take a genius to figure out it was Infinite that they were crowding around . Just the thought of seeing you former boyfriend sent your tear ducts in motion if it wasn't for the fact that you tried to power walk as quickly as possible to avoid running into him. "~~~~-ah!"

You gasped as you heard your name being shouted. The fangirls all turned silent and threw daggers at you through their eyes. Even with your back turned towards them, their sharp glares didn't fail to pierce your back.

"~~~~-ah…" The voice softened. It was L's. Your lips quivered just hearing his voice. You still loved him, but the scar he had left on your heart was too deep, even for you love to repair. But still, you took a deep breath and turned around. Seeing L in his uniform after a long time of not going to school was an impact taken to your heart. He was as handsome and dashing as ever. No wonder the girls were all of him and Infinite.

"Hello, L-sshi…" No longer being called 'Oppa' by you, L's heart sank as he realised just how deep he had hurt you. It's not that you didn't want to call L 'Oppa' anymore, but it's that you felt like you had no right. You were his girlfriend and even a friend of his. What right does it give you to call him 'Oppa' affectionately.

But L didn't want to give up. He wasn't going to call you '~~~~-sshi' just because you started to talk to him formally. He'll continue to call you affectionate names till you realise that he wasn't just playing around with you.

"I haven't seen you at school for so long. Did you go on a vacation or something?" L stuck his face close to yours, leaning in with his hands in his pockets. You instinctively backed away and turned your head a bit. This intimacy was a bit too much for you to handle on the first day back.

Seeing how you weren't answering, Myungsoo decided to lean even closer, closing the already limited space even more. "Has my panda been hibernating?"

You were mentally yanking hair out, unable to think of a comeback for that when the bell signalling the start of class went off. Letting out an extremely awkward laugh, you stepped away from Myungsoo's face and bowed, scurrying away as fast as you can.

*That was so close! Too close! And… Pandas don't hibernate!* You yelled in your head, unable to get over how close Myungsoo's face was to yours. While you ran off, L straightened his back and smiled at you. *How cute.*

-----------------------------

Annyeong everyone!! :D *waves*

Happy Easter, whether it was yesterday, today or tomorrow! :D

I hope you'll all get heaps of chocolates and get fat >:D Nah, jokes xD

Heehee. 3 silent readers turned un-silent :D I'm so glad you've decided to give me a comment ^^ But I would've still appreciated it even if you hadn't commented, hehe.