Victoria's Secret

My Fat Me, Myself and L

Although you had received the call from your agent about a photoshoot a week ago, he had refused to give you any details. All he had said was, “You’re going to love it.”

So when come the day of the shoot, your agent picked you up in his fancy car and he drove off. 

“Oppa, won’t you tell me where we’re going?” You said, pulling your best aegyo moves.

But he just laughed and shook his head. “Honey, no. I flew from America to Korea just so I could see your face when you find out who you’re doing this photoshoot for. I’m not going to give it away to you at the expense of my flight ticket.”

You pouted and crossed your arm in the passenger’s seat. “Hmph, you’re a lot meaner than you were when we were in America.”

“Yeah, and you’ve gained weight.”

“Hey!”

Your agent laughed, “I’m joking! You still look like an ugly duckling.”

The car ride was filled with laughter as you two reminisced about your road to becoming a model.

 

You lowered your sunglasses to the tip of your nose and stared at your shooting location. A run-down building. “Oppa, you have got to be kidding me. This is the surprise? You’re going to surprise me with a photoshoot that involves rolling in the dirt?”

“Oh naive ~~~~. You haven’t even seen the best part!” Your agent oppa clapped his hands like an excited seal, which you only brushed off as sarcastic.

Rolling your eyes, you reluctantly followed him into the building. 

 

At first sight, the building was hideous. The walls were lumpy and stripped of any paint, the floor was carpeted with dust which tickled your nose and made you sneeze, and you were just thankful you didn’t wear your best heels to this dump. 

After walking up five flights of stairs and taking it as your daily cardio done, you were met with a camera crew, makeup artists and the stylists. Professional lighting was set up and the room didn’t seem so bad after all.

“Um... oppa? Did we accidentally stumble across a movie set or something? No way a commercial would require such an elaborate crew!” You were just staring at the back of all the crew and everyone had pink writing on the back of their black shirts that you just couldn’t quite make out.

“Surprise! You’re going to be one of the new Victoria’s Secret models and they’re shooting your first TV ad! They also want to do a massive billboard and magazine spread!”

By now, everyone turned around a looked at the squealing girl who looked like she had just gotten a pony for her seventh birthday.

“Victoria’s Secret?! You mean, the Victoria’s Secret?! You have got to be kidding me!” You still couldn’t quite believe it. Taking big breaths in and out, you didn’t care if you were inhaling all the dust and mould. It was Victoria’s Secret after all!

“No, no. I’m definitely not kidding. They tracked me down because they specifically wanted you to be one of their new Angels they’re debuting on the runway this year and this is your television and print debut!”

Giving you a long, hard embrace, your agent oppa stepped back and teared a little bit. “Now, go on! You don’t want to keep them waiting. It’s not good for you image!”

You gave him one last grateful smile before rushing over to start shooting your way up to the heavens.

 

****************

 

Weeks had gone by and you were staring at your email inbox, pouting.

“~~~~-ah, you have to stop staring at your laptop screen! Your eyes are bad enough, they don’t need to be worse!” Soojung stormed into the room and gave you the same lecture she’s been giving for the past week. 

“But-” You opened your mouth to oppose but Soojung had already beat you to it.

“No! We’re going out to do something today. Anything. Let’s go!” By the time you realised what was happening, you were already being dragged out of your room.

“Soojung-ah!” Just as you finished yelling, you heard the ‘ping’ you were waiting for. “Hold on, I got an email!” Your eyes lit up like a child on Christmas Day, while Soojung rolled hers like a mother dealing with a daughter’s childish ways. But this time, it was different. Your eyes didn’t leave the screen. Instead, they shrunk as your smile grew larger.

“Soojung-ah, my photos! They’re here!”

 

“Yo, Myungsoo-ah. What are you doing tomorrow? Wanna go watch a movie or something?” Sungyeol said, sipping his coffee while watching the snow lightly flutter to the ground.

It was warm in the coffeehouse. Warm chatter, warm atmosphere, it seemed like this coffeehouse could brave anything the world could throw at it.

“Bro... I’m not gay. I don’t want to watch a movie with you. No,” L teased, shaking his head and picking up a nearby magazine.

Sungyeol clucked his tongue at his boring best friend. “Yeah, you’re not gay and yet you pick up a Vogue magazine. Great going, straight boy.”

L chuckled as he flicked through the magazine, but his laugh was cut short. A certain page caught his attention. Eyes wide, he gawked at the model that was posing sensually in Victoria’s Secret lingerie. 

Sungyeol sensed that something was wrong and raised his brow. Snatching the magazine from L, he gave a cheeky laugh, “Aye~ Now I know why you wanted to look through it. But she looks so familiar... Do I know her?”

Sungyeol looked up to meet L’s distraught eyes. “Oh no... It’s...”

L gave him a quick nod before taking off. 

“Yah, Myungsoo! You said you’d paid for coffee! Tch...” Sungyeol threw a bill on the table and ran after his friend. *This isn’t going to be pretty...*

----------------------------------------------------------

Cupid’s Arrow

Hello, darling Cupids ^^

Having you all been spreading the love around while I was gone? I hope so~

I finally updated... haha. After putting it off for so long. And guess what, I wrote this when I was supposed to be studying for my exam on Thursday haha.

I know... procrastination at its best, no? 

But no, kids. Don’t procrastinate haha. 

Until next time, stay safe and spread love!