Shopping Trip

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

“Time to go shopping!”

You groaned as you turned in your bed, unwilling to yield to Soojung’s morning call.

“Come on, ~~~~! If you wanna look hot, you’re gonna have to find something good for that high school reunion! And what better time to do it when I have jet lag and can’t sleep!” Soojung shook you about, yanking your blanket off you and dragged you off your bed, completely oblivious to your protest. “Hey!” 

 

But again, your objection was vetoed. “I hate you sometimes, you know that, Soojung?”

She merely shrugged it off and chucked clothes on the bed for you. You stole a peek at the outfit she picked out and gave her the tick of approval. *Damn, this girl knows me well,* and shared a little chuckle with yourself.

 

 

The heavy rain pittered and pattered against the large doors of M shopping mall. Women and men alike pushed through the doors, shaking off the rain their umbrellas didn’t quite shelter them from. As you and Soojung joined the crowd, you looked around the crowded mall and a small smile lit upon your face. *I haven’t been here in so long. Everything seems so foreign. It’s exciting.*

 

Brightly lit shop fronts of various stores caught your attention left and right, exciting your senses and exposing your child-like side. You wanted to go into every store and explore everything. But priorities were at hand and the crowded mall didn’t allow much dilly-dallying or you would get lost in the crowd. Feeling a tug on your wrist, you allowed your body to be pulled towards a boutique known as '60 Seconds’.

Your body automatically bowed in response to the shop assistants’ rehearsed greetings. You smirked, *Old habits die hard.*

 

“This one! What about this?” Hearing Soojung’s voice, you knew she had found something to her liking. Wandering to her, you eyed the piece up and down and started questioning yourself. *Is she really my friend?* 

Raising her eyebrow, Soojung read your like a book and answered your queries. “Yes, and it’s because I’m your friend that I’m making you wear this. You want him to see you in a different light, right? You want him to be completely shocked at your transformation, right? Then go for something daring and something so out-there that it’ll blow. Their. Minds.” Making the sound of an explosion and gesturing it with her hands, Soojung stared hard into your eyes as her way of trying to convince you. 

 

“That’s true but… I want to look less like a baby e and more… I don’t know. Less… ‘out-there’.” Ending your argument with air quotation marks, Soojung twisted her lips in disagreement but obediently placed the dress back on the rack. Giving Soojung an apologetic smile, you let your eyes wonder along the racks but nothing seemed to have caught your eye. Whispering, you nudged Soojung and said, “Come on, lets get out of here. I don’t really like anything here…” 

 

It wasn’t untill two hours of wandering through different stores and boutiques that you and Soojung both found a dress that was approved by each other. Smiling at the mirror and then turning towards each other, squeals filled the store, earning stern looks from elders and looks of curiosity from young ones. But the two of you didn’t care. If America has taught you anything, it was the freedom of expression and right now, you two were simply expressing excitement and happiness that dress hunting has finally come to an end. 

 

“Omgosh, I shouldn’t have worn heels today! My legs are killing me!” Pouting her lips, Soojung bent down and rubbed that back of her calves, giving them a quick massage before catching you giving her the ‘I told you so’ look. “Shut up! Not everyone’s legs look as good as yours in converses, alright? Who knew your legs were so long…” Giving you a death stare, which you laughed off, Soojung went back into the change rooms. “Now, time for accessory and shoe hunting!”

 

Shoe shopping and was easier than choosing the dress and with Soojung by your side, selecting the right accessories was a cinch.

 

 

Stepping out of the glass doors, you lifted your head towards the cleared sky as you felt the weight of the shopping bags on your arms. *Will this really help you notice me? Are you going to think of me differently when you see me again? Have you… found someone else?*

 

“Come on! What are you waiting for? Your driver’s here and these bags are really heavy. Let’s go!” Hearing Soojung’s voice snapped you out of your thoughts and back into reality.

 

“Well, I guess I’ll know soon,” you said, as you ran towards the car and dumped the heavy load on the floor.

 

---------------------

 

Harro Cupids!! *waves frantically*

I KNOW ! It's been ages and I'm sorry... :( I had my mid-terms/half-yearlies and was really stressed studying.... BUT HEY! AT LEAST I'M HERE NOW!! :D 

Thank you all so much for being so patient with me. Especially to those that didn't abandon me because I haven't been updating for the past 2 months... T^T