Arrivals at the Hotel

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

The boys of Infinite were out and about in S shopping complex, scanning shop fronts for something to wear for the high school reunion. It was a chance to show off to classmates and wow them with their charisma where the price isn’t even considered a setback. 

 

Striding through the stores, Infinite’s number and sheer attractiveness drew many eyes, with squeals and girls pausing whatever they’re doing just to get a glimpse of the flower boys that have graced them with their presence. But none of the attention affected L. Not even when a girl suddenly attacked Sungyeol with a hug screaming “Oppa, I love you!”

 

Concerned by his blank stare, Woohyun slung his arm around L and pulled him in. “You alright? Seemed pretty out of it there. You didn’t even flinch when that girl tried to eat Sungyeol alive!”

“Huh? What? What tried to him alive? Was it a bear?” 

 

Shaking his head, Woohyun laughed it off and gave L a pat. “Come on bro. You can tell me. Is this about ~~~~?”

 

Widening his eyes, they quickly returned to its original form and drooped, accompanied by a long sigh. “It’s been so long. We haven’t been in contact even once when she was in America. I don’t know what she’s been up to, how she’s been doing. I don’t even if she’s gotten herself a boyfriend. Heck, I don’t even know if she’s coming to the reunion or not! What if… this is just all excitement built up for nothing?” Taking a deep breath, L raised his palm to his face and rubbed it down his face. “I’m just… so scared that she won’t even remember me.”

 

Woohyun’s eyes grew soft and smiled. “First loves are pretty hard to forget, especially when it was something like yours. What you two had was special and if she were to forget it, then I dare say she wouldn’t be the ~~~~ we knew. So cheer up!” L’s lips curved into a small smile before giving Woohyun a blow to the stomach. 

Before Woohyun had even realised what had happened, he doubled over and gasped for breath. “Bro! I thought we were cool! What was that for?!” 

 

L straightened his shirt and stood up straight. “For being so damn cheesy and girly! But… thanks. I appreciate it. Now come on, before all the guy snatch the good suits and we get stuck with the rejects from last season!”

 

 

********************

 

 

Sitting on the bed and giggling like high school girls again, you and Soojung shared memories of America in your spacious mansion. 

“Remember that total jerk that used to tease you when you first came over from Korea and you were practically mute cause you didn’t know how to speak English?” Soojung said.

 

Your eyebrows drew together as a vague recollection of memories like shards to a glass were scattered in your mind. “That kid… Um…. What was his name…. Brandon?”

 

“YES! That’s right, Brandon! Was I the only one that found it hilarious that he asked you to be his prom date? I mean, COME ON! He was such a loser for being a prick to you in the first place but who knew he would fall for you as soon as you lost all that weight. His face was even more laughable when you rejected him. Dude, his was was bright red!” Rolling over in laughter, Soojung kicked her feet into the air and clasped onto her stomach. 

 

Your lips only managed to tweak into a small smile while your eyes portrayed a completely different emotion. Perplexity, pain and pity. “Men, such shallow creatures.”

 

 

*******************

 

 

The day of the high school reunion arrived without failure and as if the Gods were in favour of this event, the skies remained clear without a cloud in the sky. Everyone invited had spent the day perfecting their outer appearance. After all, that was the only thing anyone was going to see and judge you upon for the rest of the night. What is on the inside didn’t count for much. At least, not for tonight anyway. 

 

Valets were hard at work, opening car doors and catching car keys thrown by their careless owners as a final attempt to show the world that they have power. As cars pulled up, one particularly caught the eyes of the crowd. 

Heads were craning left and right as a small crowd began to form, losing all thoughts about staying ‘cool and in power’ as curiosity took the better of them. Arriving at a smooth stop the doors to the Hummer opened, revealing to the crowd seven amazingly handsome men, having a good laugh in their sharp suits. 

 

“Alright boys, time to hop out!” Sunggyu called, being the first to jump out and land on one leg before setting the other down. One by one, the boys filed out, sending winks and cheesy air kisses everywhere but that didn’t seem to stop the girls from swooning at their feet. Even after three years, Infinite still had it in them. 

Watching from the sideline, Sunggyu grew impatient and hurried s. “Alright guys, lets pack it up and head on inside! It’s getting cold…” 

 

“Che, the grandpa’s getting cold. Come on, let’s go!” Sungyeol yelled, trying to use his height to weave his way out of the crowd.

 

 

Shortly after, you arrived in the BMW 4WD you borrowed off your dad. Being in America since high school graduation, you never have a chance to own a car in Korea so for now, you were going to have to drive that around. Not that Soojung minded. If anything, she would’ve stolen the car long ago if it didn’t put your friendship in jeopardy. 

“Why is there a thick crowd?! What, did Big Bang come by or something? MOVE!” Waving her arms in front of her as if she was brushing the crowd away, Soojung dropped them agitated and blew a puff of air towards her bangs, which fell back perfectly. 

 

“Whoa, calm down there! If you have road rage when you’re not driving, I’d hate to have you drive me through Gangnam… Don’t worry, we’ll get there…” Putting a hand on Soojung’s thigh, you gave it a few comforting pats and kept your eyes on the road. 

 

Soojung twisted her head to face you, and twisted it back. “Always the calm one. We’ll see how long you can keep that calm front on for when you meet him tonight.”

 

Your grip on the leather steering wheel tightened till your hands shook. *You know I can’t keep it up for long, Soojung… But as long as you’re next to me, giving me whatever form of encouragement you can, I know that I’ll be able to make it through somehow. I wish Minah was here too…*

 

Your mind allowed you to momentarily travel back to New York in that apartment the three of you shared. Laughter, secrets and the occasional fights presented themselves as fond memories. However, due to some personal reasons, Minah has decided to stay in New York for a bit longer to sort out her relationship problems and to begin completely afresh in South Korea. So you and Soojung let her be and returned by yourselves. Minah’s cries at the airport stuck to your mind.

“Don’t cry. We’re not gonna be gone forever! We’ll be meeting up again in Seoul very soon! So don’t cry cause you’re making me cry.” Looking up towards the ceiling, you took deep breaths to keep your tears from falling. 

 

Giving your head a gentle shake as if a mother shaking their child awake, you regained your focus and no longer saw Minah’s crying face but the crowd slowly dispersing in front and Soojung’s clearly less-than-pleased face.

“See, what did I tell you? Told you we would get there,” you said, wearing a victor’s smirk and slowly driving towards a valet before stepping out of your car and making your way to the hotel lobby.

 

----------------------------------

 

Annyeong Cupids!! :D 

I bet none of you expected me to update this quick, right?? ;D haha. Since I've neglected updating for so long, I just thought that I would take the chance in my holidays to give you guys a double update and leave you wanting more, MUWAHAHAHA! I'm evil, I know >:D

 

But hey, if you guys at any time get sick of waiting for me to update, you can hop over to my baby sister's (grassjelly) new fic, 'A Maid's Heart' and check her story out ^^ (Psst, she updates a lot more often than I do, LOLL) It is a SHINee fic so I'm sure all you Shawols out there are thrilled but even if you're not a Shawol, it wouldn't hurt for you to click on the link and have a quick read :D

 

And a big thank you to the person who made this poster for me!! (I'm sorry I can't credit you but I can't read it on the poster... ><) PM me and I'll give you the credit you so deserve coz this is a beautiful poster <3