And Down the Walls Came

My Fat Me, Myself and L

Walking out on the streets, you were everywhere. On television, billboards, magazines, everyone started recognising you. 

“Isn’t that the new Victoria’s Secret model?”

“I didn’t know she was Korean!”

“Whoa, she is so hot...”

Whenever a strange old man would stare at your with weird eyes, Soojung would always glare and them and bare her teeth, like a lioness protecting her cub while her cub just strolled lazily on the streets.

“Um... ~~~~~! Don’t you see those creepy bald men and their beady eyes staring at you up and down? Aren’t you like, creeped out or something?!” Soojung exclaimed, rubbing her arms to get rid of her now semi-permanent goosebumps.

But you simply shrugged her mounds of worries off your shoulders like it was snow free-falling from the sky. “You get used to it once you’ve lived in California for a bit. I mean... es are the second more common residents there.”

Soojung just shook her head and linked arms with you, scared that a predator would just take you by your waist and run off with you.

Out of nowhere, you felt someone’s hand on your wrist and your heart almost leapt out of your chest. Before your brain had registered danger, you were face to face with L. “Found you.”

As he started to drag a clearly stunned you away, Soojung started yelling, “Yah, Kim Myungsoo! What the hell do you think you are doing!?”

But an icy cold glare from L was enough to give Soojung chills and a temporary mind blank. It was like he had frozen all her nerves for a second and her mind forgot to respond. 

Giving you a quick glance, L said “You’re coming with me.”

And just like that, you two disappeared into the thick of the crowd, leaving a dazed Soojung to her own devices.

 

Onlookers were ignorant of the man that was dragging a young lady through the crowd despite her struggling. 

“Let me go!” You shouted, trying to wriggle your wrist out of L’s grip but only to have it held on tighter. You were both struggling out of rebellion and fear. *What is he doing? Where is he taking me?*

In an unnamed alley, L’s warm breath floated up in the cold air as he pressed you against the wall, eyes are wild as a beast. You couldn’t tell if you were shivering from the winter air or fear anymore.

Seconds passed with the two of you frozen in that position. No one wanted to break the silence because it’s been too long since you have felt each other’s presence in such serenity. The fire that was alight in L’s eyes dimmed to a tender flicker, the eyes that looked at you when you were in high school.

L’s hand slowly slid down from the wall and swayed back by his side. “I’m really sorry... I don’t know what came over me.”

You looked at L suspiciously, wondering if you could trust his apology. But his sudden sheepish aura hinted that he was sincere. “That... fine... I guess.”

“It’s just that... seeing you like that plastered everywhere... It drives me insane.”

You tilted your head and said, “Huh?”

L started turning his head and shying away. “You know... the Victoria’s Secret thing.”

Suddenly, you felt an urge to hug him and pinch his cheeks. *You’re too cute!* But you couldn’t let your guard down. Not after what had just happened. So you decided to act nonchalant. 

“Yeah, I know. It’s pretty cool. Almost every model dreams of becoming an Angel one day.”

Just as words started forming in L’s mind, he opened his mouth but closed it again, shutting down his thoughts and instead exchanged it for a simple, “I guess...”

At this point, you couldn’t be mean to him anymore. Your walls had completely come down and you hugged L back and giggled. “So you’re not going to tell me how you really feel?”

------------------------------

Cupids, hi! 

No, I haven’t completely forgotten about you guys, I’m still thinking about finishing this fic and updating it for you guys :)

I should be more diligent with myself so that I can do this whenever I can in my spare time... haha.

I am once again unemployed so I am continuing to look for a job. Much sad, no work income :’(

Anywho, I hope you’re all enjoying your holidays and for those of you who are back at school, GOOD LUCK! (I don’t start uni till March haha.)

Until next time, stay safe and spread love!