Popo

My Fat Me, Myself and L

Kicking the pebbles on the sidewalk, Woohyun hung his head low and pouted his lips. Never in his life has he seen L so angry and this time, it scared him. His friendship with L is now in jeopardy and he’s basically been excluded from the group. Will they even talk to him anymore? 

*Probably not,* Woohyun thought. *If I was in their position, I’d be too scared to piss L off. Wouldn’t want to get kicked out of the group like I did now, would they?* 

Feeling completely alone on the bustling streets of Myeongdong, Woohyun decided to whip out his phone and play with it instead. *Might as well look like I have friends to talk to over SNS.*

At times like this, I wish I could do high school again and broaden my friend circle. Because once you’ve been abandoned by the only friends you’ve got, you realise just how lonely you are. 

“Tweet,” Woohyun said as he pushed the ‘Tweet’ button. Feeling better after publicly announcing that he’s a total loner now, a notification sounded and made Woohyun feel a tad happier. 

*Maybe it’s the guys!* He naively thought but his hopes were dashed and replaced with surprise instead. It was a reply from you. 

I totally know what you mean… But then again, I didn’t have any friends in Korea soooo….. haha. 

Woohyun couldn’t help but feel a little bad on the inside. He could’ve reached out and be you friend. He could’ve been nicer to you. He could’ve told ~~~~ that L really did love you, and still does. But he didn’t. He didn’t do any of those and he felt bad for alienating you. So he decided to start now. Instead of replying to you in the public eye, he decided to DM you instead. 

Hey! Since we’re both feeling kind of lonely, wanna grab lunch together? 

Just as he pressed send, Woohyun let out a big breath that he didn’t even know he was holding. *Am I being too direct? Does it seem like I’m hitting on her? Oh gosh, this is the last thing I need. A scandal between ~~~~ and I.*

But while he was busy panicking, you replied to him just as quickly as he pressed send. 

Sure! I’ll meet you at a place called Popo, I love the pasta there. I’ll send you the address just in case you don’t know where it is! See you there soon! 

A wave of relief washed over Woohyun as he saw your friendly reply. *Okay good. She doesn’t think I’m a total creep, phew.* 

 

Using the GPS on his phone, Woohyun found the place in no time. *Wow, it was closer than I thought.*

Peeking from the outside and trying to see past the tinted glass windows, Woohyun’s actions looked totally suspicious, which caught your eyes.

*Is that… oh my gosh, what is the boy doing?* You silently chuckled behind Woohyun as you crept up on him. 

“RAH!” You cried, grabbing Woohyun by the shoulders and startling him. 

“YAH! Don’t scare me like that!” Trying to catch his breath, Woohyun put a hand on his heaving chest and could feel his strong heartbeat pumping up against his chest. “Girl, are you trying to kill me before lunch?”

You opened the door to Popo first and peeped your head out, “Come on! We’re not going to get seats if you crouch there like an old grandpa! Hurry up!” 

Woohyun rolled his eyes at your complete lack of sympathy but he managed to get a laugh out of it. *Was she always this lively?* He thought, as he followed you in. 

 

The restaurant Popo emitted a very cozy feeling. The walls were made from red bricks and the lighting was warm. Fairy lights were hung across the ceiling and mini flags of every country in the world were draped across the walls. 

Woohyun looked around and was amazed. How did he miss such a great place when it was right under his nose? “How did you find such a great-looking place? I never would’ve picked this out to be somewhere that had such a nice atmosphere.”

You gave Woohyun a cheeky smile and a wink. “Let’s just say I have a knack for finding the good things that most people overlook, hm?”

 

********************

 

Soojung was waiting for Sunggyu at Myeongdong. She was leaning against a large pillar, attracting wandering eyes with her bright red skinny jeans and a simple white blouse, finishing off her outfit with a pair of leopard print slip-ons. Her outfit radiated confidence and showed everyone around her that a woman didn’t need heels to stand out of the crowd. 

Of course, Sunggyu had known that his girlfriend would attract attention wherever she went so it was to no surprise to him to see everyone steal a glance every so often. “Hey!”

Lifting her head up from her phone, she closed her SNS and waved a polite ‘Hi’ back. “You know, you shouldn’t keep a lady waiting,” she chided.

“Sorry, sorry. Something came up with the group and… yeah. It’s complicated. How about we discuss this over lunch. My shout?” Sunggyu gave an apologetic smile.

But Soojung just brushed it off and gave him an eye roll. “Please, that wasn’t even an option.”

Turning on her heel, Soojung walked in the direction of her favourite reastaurant, ‘Popo’. “Come on, I’ll show you to a real nice place. Don’t worry, it won’t cost you a fortune so don’t look like you’re getting ready to cut off a finger to pay it off.”

Sticking his tongue out, his stinginess was caught by Soojung. *This girl knows me too well.*

 

********************

 

“Wow. The atmosphere is good, the food here is delicious and the price is just amazing. Seriously, I think this is going to be my new favourite spot,” Woohyun said, slurping away at his soup and then taking another fork full of his pasta. 

You chuckled, watching the person who used to be a kingka back at high school wolf down his meal like a five year old child. The difference between the personas were amazing but you had always preferred the more ‘humane’ side of people. The side where they didn’t have to put up a front to gain approval from others. “You know, you kinda got pasta sauce…” You pointed towards the corner of your lips and then again towards your chin. 

“What, seriously? Damn it,” Woohyun said. He frantically looked for a napkin and speedily took care of it. “Gone?” He gave a wide smile.

You shook your head with a smile. A red stain from the tomato-based pasta sauce was still faintly on his smooth, pale skin. Now he really did look like a five year old. “Here, let me help.”

Taking your glass of water, you dipped the corner of a napkin in the water and quickly pulled it back out. You then stood up, leaned over the table and took Woohyun by the chin. “Just wait a moment… it’ll be gone in a jiffy.”

 

“How did you find this place?” Sunggyu asked. 

“Well, to be honest, I didn’t find it. ~~~~ did. She’s amazing with finding nice spots in bustling cities that people usually miss. It’s like she has a sixth sense with these things.” As Soojung pushed the door open, Sunggyu grinned from ear to ear. 

“This place is so cute. Just like you.” A greasy wink was given which sent shudders down Soojung’s spine but she didn’t mind. That was just Sunggyu’s way of teasing and it gave her a laugh.

But that atmosphere soon changed. Sunggyu’s eyes became fixated on something in the restaurant and Soojung followed his line of sight. The dim lighting made it hard to recognise anyone’s face but her eyes soon adjusted and was surprised to see who it was. “Is that… ~~~~?! Why is she with Woohyun?!”

The same question was going around in Sunggyu’s mind too. Had Woohyun gone insane? He was with the very reason that he got kicked out of Infinite in the first place and for Sunggyu to catch them doing something like that, the relationship between you and Woohyun definitely seemed fishy. 

“Soojung, you wait here. I have some questions for Nam Woohyun.” And just like that, Sunggyu took large strides and stood over Woohyun. “Kid, you’ve got some explaining to do.”

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Cupid’s Arrow

 

Hello my Cupids~ How are you all doing? ^^

I’m back with another update and I just wanted to say Happy Chinese New Year! Hope you are all doing well and I just wanted to thank you all again for reading my stories :)

I hope that they are still entertaining you guys~

 

Yah know, I recently started a blog LOLL. For the hell of it. Soooo yeah. Just wanted to put that out there xD

I’m a lazy person so I don’t know how long I’ll be able to keep it up for but I shall try! 

 

Until next time~ ^^