Only Knowing Half the Truth

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

The weekends finally came, which brought mixed feelings for you. You were happy that it was the weekend, which meant no school. But you weren't so happy about the fact that you won't be able to see L for two days.

"Oppa said that he already made plans for a sleepover with Infinite so he's gonna be gone all weekend… What am I gonna do now? Soojung is sleeping at this time of day so I can't call her either… Man… My life is so boring…" You sighed and rolled around on your bed, trying to rack your brains for something to do.

And like a saviour, your phone rang. You accidentally rolled off your bed and landed on the floor boards with a thud. "Ooft!" You reached for your phone on the bedside table and looked at the caller ID. "Minah?"

You accepted the call and placed the phone to your ear. "Minah? Hi~" You cheered. Even if the phone call would only last 5 minutes, at least it'll relieve 5 minutes of boredom for you.

"Oh, ~~~~-ah? Good, you picked up. I was wondering, do you want to come over to my house today? I'm really bored and I wanted to make brownies for Infinite for their sleepover. Wanna come over and help?"

You gasped. "Of course!" You squealed. *Yes! I get to see oppa today! Asa!* "I'll come over right now!" You hung up and ran to your closet to get ready, pulling out your favourite outfit and even putting a bit of makeup on your face.

Some time later, you arrived at Minah's house. "~~~~-ah!" With open arms, Minah warmly welcomed you. "Minah-yah!" Happily jumping into her arms, you gave her a big hug. "Thank you so much for inviting me to come! I was SOOO bored at home." You gave her a wide smile, in which Minah did the same.

"No problem. Come on, ~~~~-ah. I got all the ingredients and stuff ready so we can start right away. Have you ever made brownies before?"

You shook your head and gave a shy smile. "No… I only eat them, hehe…" Minah chuckled at your cute confession and put a hand around your shoulder. "Well, I can teach you. Come on, I told the guys I would bring the brownies over by 7 and it's like, 2 now. We've got 5 hours to make them. I guess that's alright…"

Minah shrugged and led you to the kitchen, where all the ingredients were laid out neatly. While you marvelled over the ingredients, Minah was already making the batter. "Here. You can mix this batch of batter while I make another batch. The boys eat so much, it's crazy." Minah smiled and rolled her eyes, as she started cracking eggs and pouring flour into another big mixing bowl.

You chuckled and imagined what L would look like in blue pyjamas with ducks on them, wearing matching fluffy blue slippers. *I wonder if I'll get to see that side on Myungsoo-oppa today?*

 

By the time you two were finished, it was already 6pm. "Come on ~~~~-ah! We can't be late to get these brownies to the boys! They're going to nag at me all night and keep me there till I cry from their nagging!" "Okay!" You quickly packed the remaining few brownies into a box and hurried into Minah's limo, where the chauffeur drove you both to L's house.

When you stepped out of the car, you smiled at L's house. It was a normal two-storey house but it emitted a warm and fuzzy atmosphere. "So this is the house that oppa grew up in…"

You followed Minah into the house and crept quietly towards L's room. "Shhh. We're going to surprise the boys with food, alright?" Minah hushed, putting a finger to her lips. You nodded eagerly and tip-toed behind Minah.

Minah smiled when she found the door already slightly open and snickered when she saw that they boys were sitting on the in a circle. "~~~~! Come look at this!" Minah whispered, and waved you over. You crept as quietly as possible and peeked in through the gap. Inside L's room, you saw that Infinite were sitting in a circle on the floor, just like girls would at a sleepover, where they would gossip about stuff.

*I wonder what they're talking about…*

Being in blue pyjamas with cute yellow ducks on it, L had his head on Sungyeol's shoulder. You smiled and occasionally chuckled, hearing the funny things they were talking about. But then you heard your name being mentioned, and you began to focus even more on their conversation.

"Yah," Sungyeol said, jolting his shoulder so that L's head bounced upwards. "What?" L put his head on Sungyeol's shoulder again and ate a chip.

"You remember the dare right? It's almost been a month. How is it? You holding out alright?" Sungyeol laughed.

*Mmh? Dare? What dare?* You pressed your ears against the gap even more, trying to get a grasp of the conversation.

"Don't tell me you've actually fallen for Kwon ~~~~? Come on dude, I know your standards aren't that low yet. Funny how Kwon ~~~~ actually thinks you like her. What do you think would happen if she knew that you asking her out and everything was a dare, huh?" Sungyeol jolted his shoulder again, making L's head bounce up and back down again.

"She would probably… cry…" L didn't want to think about what would happen if you knew because secretly, he wanted the relationship to last. When the time is right, he would eventually tell his friends that he likes you. But for now, that wasn't possible.

Minah clasped her hand over and looked towards you. *No! Not now! ~~~~ is here!* Her eyes darted towards you. Your usual air of happiness drizzled away, and replaced with a heavier atmosphere.

*So… Myungsoo-oppa has just been… playing with me?* Tears were welling in your eyes, but you forced yourself to listen to the rest of the conversation.

"Yeah man. She'd look even uglier if she cried," Hoya howled in laughter and the others followed. "I know right! As if her face isn't ugly enough!" Sunggyu added, and the group went into a frenzy. But Woohyun sat and observed L's reactions. *L isn't taking this lightly… He's serious about her… About ~~~~. If the guys don't stop soon, he's going to blow…*

"Okay guys, come on now. That's just getting mean." Woohyun made a slitting motion at his neck, hinting for them to stop.

"Yah, Nam Woohyun. Don't be such a killjoy! We're just getting started! Whoo!!" Dongwoo cheered. As they cracked even more jokes, L's anger boiled while your tears just kept flowing.  *Is Myungsoo-oppa going to say anything…?* Your watery eyes looked towards Woohyun. *Thank you, Woohyun-sshi, for taking my side…* You closed your eyes and your heart to the world and ran for it. Minah was about to run for you but she suddenly heard L raise his voice.

"No! ~~~~ is not like that! She is a beautiful girl whose personality covers for all her physical flaws!" With his hands clenched into a fist, L stood up and glared at everyone. Infinite immediately shuddered at L's piercing stare and all shut up.

"D-Do you like her?" Sungyeol questioned. "Yes, I do! So what!" L snapped back. Minah gasped a bit too loudly, causing the boys to turn their attention to her.

Under L's glare, Minah could only stutter. "~~~~… S-She heard a-all of it…"

L's eyes widened and his breaths turned short. "S-she heard it? H-How much of it…" "Just before you defended her… Everything up to then… She ran out just a moment ago…" Without a warning, L pushed past Minah and was out the door. Sparing a few seconds to put his runners on, he dashed out onto the streets, trying to find you.

"~~~~-ah! Kwon ~~~~!" L called. He didn't care if he was running wild on the streets in his pyjamas. He needed to find you. He needed you.

L frantically spun his head left, then right, but all attempts failed to find even a glimpse of you. L eventually knelt down on the ground, dazed and exhausted, without any strength to hold back his tears anymore.

"Kwon ~~~~… Don't disappear from my life… I need you… Don't go… My panda…"

----------------

I'm really sorry for not updating… But I think I can only update around once a week now because of all the homework and assessments my school gives to me now ><

I'M SO SORRY!!! D: