Graduation

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

“You’re finally graduating today!” Minah squealed. For the past year, studying occupied your life just as much as oxygen and with the final exams all over, graduation come right around the corner. Minah had slept over the night before, celebrating both you and Soojung’s graduation. Bed hair or not, Minah was still as beautiful as always. 

 

Sighing, your shoulders hung low and your eyebags bulged. Minah gave you a small smile and rested her hands on your shoulders. “It’s okay. After today, you’ll finally be able to turn over a new leaf, to start afresh in a place where no-one knows you. So all you have to do is survive one more day in that hell-hole and you’ll be free, alright?”

 

A weak smile played on your lips as you lifted your head. “Thank you Minah, for everything.” 

 

“Huh? What? What’d I miss?” Without notice, Soojung suddenly rose from her bed with half-opened eyes and hair that would make your blink twice. You chuckled and Minah joined in. 

 

“You can never get sick of watching Soojung wake up every morning. I think it’s a gift, being to wake up to a completely new look,” Minah remarked, and burst out into laughter.

 

********************

 

Minah did the best she could to conceal your dark circles before sending you off to school. “Good luck!” She yelled from your door and with a big smile, you and Soojung both waved back, almost skipping towards school.

 

“I think it’s the first time I’m actually excited to be going to school,” Soojung sung, occasionally jumping and twirling in the air. 

You shook your head helplessly at Soojung. The winter air brushed against your cheeks as you two hurried to the school, newly decorated with banners and loud with excited students, waiting to get their diplomas. The school bustled with people, juniors and seniors alike, taking photos with their favourite sunbaes and hoobaes, parents chatting with teachers, all wearing large grins on their faces. Smiling, the atmosphere also brought you mood up. 

 

“Come on! Let’s get in the hall and just sit ourselves down first. It’s not like we have anyone that would wanna take a picture with us, right?” Taking your arm, Soojung dragged you towards the hall, make grand by new decors and banners, where you caught a glimpse of L before going in.

*Myung…soo…* 

 

“It is with great pleasure that I farewell these young adults, who both excel in academic and athletic achievements, and to congratulate them for the hard work and diligence they have displayed this past year towards their final exams.” 

The deep voice of the principal droned on, casting a sleep spell over the students. “I swear, if he’s gonna be doing this all day, we’d all be asleep in a second and never wake up again,” Soojung leaned over and whispered, yawning, her eyes already moist with the countless yawns before.You chuckled, nudging Soojung to stay awake for a few more minutes before names are called up on stage. But from across the room, Myungsoo’s eyes were trained on you. 

*~~~~….*

 

Many yawns later, the graduation ceremony finally finished and the whole student body flooded the doors to be outside in the fresh air, away from the droning voice of the principal. 

 

“~~~~-ah!” You turned to see who was calling to, only to be confronted by a big bear hug from your mother. Taken back, you gave her a quick pat on the back before pulling away. 

 

“Umma?” Looking behind, you saw your father as he walked to you with his usual warm smile. “Appa!” Smiling greatly, you couldn’t hold in the joy that both your parents made it to your graduation. “But I thought you both had a meeting this morning and couldn’t make it…”

 

“Well, we both made the meeting short just for you,” your mother lovingly said, pinching your nose and embracing you once more. The inside of your heart melted a bit, and hugged back tightly. 

 

Soojung watched from the sidelines, envy and happiness oozing for her best friend. “You know, Soojung, I bet your parents would be just as proud as we are. Come here,” your father invited, as Soojung dove into his arms for a much-needed fatherly-figure hug. “I know I can’t be substitutes for your parents being here on this day but I hope that this can help ease that feeling just a little.”

 

Blinking away the tears, Soojung refused to let them roam free. Your father chuckled and patted the girl’s head. “It’s okay to cry on a day like this. You don’t have to have it together all the time. You’re only human.”

And like a trigger, those words set off Soojung’s tears who quietly sobbed, which your father’s comforting hand set on her head.

 

********************

 

“Sorry ~~~~, but Sunggyu asked me to hang out with him today after graduation and-“

 

“It’s okay. Go. I can manage by myself,” you reassured, giving Soojung a reassuring smile and even pushing her out the door. “Really, I’ll be fine!” 

 

With an uneasy heart, Soojung waved goodbye and closed the gates of the mansion. You turned around and sighed, looking at the many centrepieces which occupied your room. *What am I going to do today…*

Baby steps were taken towards your bedroom, with your feet stepping only on the outlines of the marble tiles, like a child would on pavements. *Hehe, this is fun.*

 

The top of the stairs were just within sight, you were even closing one eye and reaching out to it like a child wanting candy, when the doorbell rang once. And again. Sighing, you looked back down the stairs and the imaginary trail you left behind and pouted. *It took me a good five minutes to get up too…*

 

Dragging your feet, you made your way in a normal fashion towards the door and stood before it, gripping the handle. *I swear, if it’s Soojung saying she forgot her keys, I’m gonna kill her.*

But what laid behind the door was a surprise. With a gasp and a gust of wind, you managed to find your voice a moment later. 

“I-I-In…finite…?!”

 

-----------------------------

 

YES! I’M FINALLY UPDATING! After well over a month… >> I’m sorry but I’ve been having my final exams so yeah.. that’s why…

Don’t hate me? *shaky smile*

I was so jelly of muzikmaster when I saw that she had her own fanclub name, 'Muzicians'. It fits really well though XD So a subscriber suggested 'cuppieeeens' :3 But I don't think I'm cool enough to have my own fanclub name yet so yeah... >> *chuckles* Just wanted to share that story with you guys xD

I owe this to her, so please go and check out Onions and Math Wizards Graphics Shop if you want awesome posters ^^