Arriving at the Holiday House

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

In the early morning of Winter, when the sun still hasn't shone its light on the world yet, you and Soojung could be seen standing outside your mansion, shuffling your feet about. The air around you was freezing and the breaths you took turned into mist and floated to join the rest of the atmosphere. You took out your phone and inspected the time. "Hmm… 8:05am, aye?" You said. The puff of warm breath lingered a bit in the air before disappearing.

"I swear, I'm only waiting 5 more minutes. If they don't come in-" "Well, looks like you're going," you giggled, as you heard the wheels rolling in on your pavement, which was wet from the night before. Before long, the doors opened with L and Sunggyu coming out from either side. Sunggyu's nose went red from the cold, making his seem more like a hamster than he usually does. It made Soojung chuckle.

"Hey girls," L cheerfully said. Although it was a greeting meant for you and Soojung, anyone could tell that he only cared about the answer that came from you.

"Hey," you gave him a tight lip smile and grabbed your luggage. "No, no. I'll do it. Sunggyu-hyung! Yo, can you get Soojung's bags for her?" Behind your back, L gave Sunggyu a wink, making him blush slightly. But the cold winds had already reddened his cheeks, so it wasn't obvious. Soojung mumbled a 'Thanks' to Sunggyu.

When the boys had finished loading the bags into the trunk, you all climbed into car and sat in the pre-heated vehicle. A content smile spread across your face as your body started warming up. With blood rushing to your cheeks, they became rosy. Myungsoo smiled as he saw your cute cheeks in the reflection of the front mirror. Sunggyu had his eyes on the road, and leaned over to drive like an old granny, as if it could block his thoughts of Soojung out of his mind. But occasionally, she would find a crevice and creep in.

The drive was long and silent. The rocking of the car on the bumpy country road served as somewhat like a cradling, lulling everyone except Sunggyu to sleep. Sunggyu took a look at everyone around him and sulked. "Damn it… I want to sleep too…"

 

********************

 

"~~~~-ah, we're here." Hearing your name, you pouted in your half-awake mode and creased your brows. "Later…" You heard a chuckle and sighed. "Okay… I'll get up…"

You sat up straight and rubbed your eyes. When your vision cleared, the first thing you saw was Myungsoo's face in close distance to yours.

Your eyes widened and you instinctively jerked your head back. L just continued to smile good-naturedly at you and even extended his head towards you. "Come on, sleepy panda. Sunggyu-hyung is already carrying Soojung in." Your eyes looked behind L, and saw Sunggyu carrying Soojung bridal-style into the holiday house. Then, you looked down at yourself and you were crying inside. *If I wasn't at this weight… Would he have carried me too? If I wasn't this fat… would L have played that cruel joke on me? If I wasn’t like this… would oppa have… loved me?* But you shook your thoughts away and built even more barriers around your heart. *No, Kwon ~~~~! You can't be soft now!*

"Um… Thanks… for waking me up." Mustering a small smile, you drag your tired body out of the car and trudged towards the holiday house, all the while rubbing your eyes with a sleepy pout. Myungsoo just followed you quietly, smiling, and just content with the fact that he'll be able to spend his winter holiday and Christmas with you.

*Christmas…  Should quickly plan something to do with ~~~~ on Christmas. Or I'll miss my chance!* L put on his thinking cap and waddled into the holiday house as well.

 

Sunggyu, having first put Soojung to bed, quickly found a random guest room and let himself fall onto the bed face first. Without bothering to take of his jackets and whatnot, he fell straight to sleep. When you and L waddled into the house, away from the cold, he escorted you to your room and you too, fell into the sleep spell. That left L in the living room by himself.

"Hmm… It's awfully quiet…" He mumbled to himself. While the SooGyu couple stayed downstairs, you and L's rooms were on the second floor. L looked in the direction of your room and sighed. "Are you still angry with me, ~~~~-ah?" Heaving a sigh, L decided to direct his energy in planning his Christmas with you instead.

 

After a good night's sleep, everyone was refreshed and ready to go in the morning. "Soojung-ah~" You said with a goofy smile, and went to give Soojung a big hug first thing in the morning. "Oh, ~~~~-ah! Good morning to you too, hehe." You quickly gave Soojung a sly look and quickly whispered into her ear, "I haven't forgotten about our girl talk we need to have. You still need to tell me more about your first love, Sunggyu-sshi, over there. Yeah, yeah?" You wiggled your eyebrows and gave Soojung nudges, which just made her flustered and lower her head.

You decided it was enough teasing for the morning and just smiled, going to the kitchen and seeing what food there is to work with so you can cook breakfast for everyone.

"Alright… I guess just eggs and rice… Well, that's boring." You twisted your lips to one side and looked inside the fridge disappointingly. It was pretty empty, which was clearly not going to be enough for the four people if they were staying for the holidays. "Well, I guess some grocery shopping is in order then. I'll just cook some egg fried rice for breakfast for now…"

Soojung shuffled over and leaned across the kitchen counter, observing your cooking skills. "You can eat and cook. Wow! I never knew that!" She remarked.

You gave her a playful smirk and flicked your hair. "Of course!" "Psht! As if! I'll be the judge of that! Cook, woman, cook!" You laughed and started cracking some eggs.

Just as breakfast was almost done, the boys were awake too. The aroma of a delicious egg fried rice attracted Sunggyu to the kitchen. With his nose high in the air and his eyes closed, he followed the smell and found himself leaning over the counter as well, almost drooling over the breakfast.

"Hey! No drooling!" You lightly scolded, snapping Sunggyu out of his sleep. "Huh, what?" Sunggyu looked around confusedly and wiped his mouth. "Sorry about that…"

L also came out of his room, yawning and stretching his arms in the air, lifting his shirt and showing his subtle arms. You made a quick gasp and put your head down, turning extra attention to your fried rice. "Good morning, dear friends," L said, with his eyes half-closed and a lop-sided smile. Soojung raised an eyebrow at him while Sunggyu lazily pushed him away. "Ew, that's disgusting. Get away from me."

But L staggered back to Sunggyu and slung an arm around both Soojung and Sunggyu closer, making it slightly awkward for the both of them. "So, what's cookin', good-lookin'?" L gave you the cheesiest wink and gave you a goofy smile while made your knees go slightly soft.

*Is he always this cheesy in the morning? Wow… This is something new.* "Um… It's just egg fried rice since the fridge was empty… You know, you really should've stocked the fridge and cupboards up before we got down here. Would've been a lot more convenient…" You grumbled. Empty cupboards was one of your pet peeves. You just didn't get why people would have an empty cupboard when they stock it with food and have a full one.

"Oh.. Right… Sorry about that. I was going to tell my mum to come by to stock the house up before we got down here but… Sorry." L scratched his head and looked genuinely embarrassed. You sighed and just let it go.

"How about I go grocery shopping with you then? After breakfast?" L suggested. On the inside, your heart skipped a beat and your brain almost froze. *Wh-what…? Going grocery shopping? With me?* But on the outside, your expression remained the same, a complete contradiction to your true feelings.

"Yeah, sure. But you're paying," you playfully glared at him. "Of course!" Widely smiling now, Myungsoo continued to watch you cook when you cracked just the tiniest of smile on you.

*That's exactly the smile that stole my heart,* L thought, treasuring it, as it has become rarer and rarer to see nowadays.

--------------------------------------------------

Okay, I didn't talk THAT long to update this time...