When Opportunity Comes Knocking

My Fat Me, Myself and L

A week has passed and things have started to calm down. L and Woohyun were on talking terms or as L would like to call it ‘Friendship Probation’, and you and L were constantly exchanging texts. The weekend had come around and coincidentally, you and Soojung were both free so you decided to chill at home together instead. But every time Soojung caught you giggling at your phone, she would give her hear deadliest stare and called it your ‘Act of Betrayal’. “Yah, are you not going to stop texting him?”

You froze in your spot and gave Soojung a sheepish smile. “W-who are you talking about? Am I not allowed to text friends now?”

Soojung raised an eyebrow and your response seemed to have infuriated her even more. “‘Friend’? Did you just call him a ‘friend’? Um, excuse me! I’m a friend. He is a cold-hearted man who is playing with you even now! Get your head around it, nothing good will come out of this!”

She stormed out of your room and left you speechless. As your phone screen lit up again, indicating a new message, your shoulders slouched and you dropped your phone on the bed. You had seen Soojung upset before but never at you. You felt so guilty. *Maybe Soojung is right... Maybe... Maybe he is just fooling around with me again and I’m walking right into his trap.*

So as the guilt washed over you, you decided to disconnect yourself from your phone for a moment and spend some quality time with your best friend.

 

Everyone watched on as L typed furiously at his screen. *Why isn’t she replying? Is she with someone else?!* 

Although everyone noticed that something was up, no-one bothered asking. They all knew that L wasn’t going to spill the beans any time soon and if anyone made him angry... well... we all know what happens then.

“So,” Hoya said, trying to start up a conversation. “What is everyone going to do this weekend? Any plans that are exciting enough to share?”

Murmurs arose, small talk about the weekends were made but no-one really wanted to share. After all, everyone was pretty much doing the same thing: staying at home eating pizza. 

“Wow... we’re so sad...” Hoya sighed under his breath, hanging his head in defeat. Meanwhile, L was still anxiously staring at his phone, waiting for a sign that he still had even an ounce of your attention.

 

********************

 

Although you left your modelling career back in America, it decided to follow you all the way to South Korea. After receiving a call from your former agent saying that a company was interested in casting you for a new photoshoot they had planned, you jumped at the opportunity. 

“Thank you! Thank you so much! You can expect a surprise gift in the mail,” you giggled. You quickly hung up the phone and started to call Soojung, relaying to her the good news.

Your squeals were synchronised and neither of you could stop. 

It wasn’t until a good five minutes after that, that you could finally have a real conversation with her. Hanging up the phone once again and giving a satisfactory sigh, you couldn’t stop yourself from smiling.

Ever since you had returned, you had done nothing productive. Although lazing around and going shopping was fun, the fun only lasted a week before you got bored and wished there was more purpose to your stay.

Now that an opportunity came knocking, you weren’t going to turn it down.

Immediately, you made a message on your SNS.

Can’t wait to start modelling again! I’ve missed the constant fixing of hair and makeup and being yelled at by photographers, yay! Just joking, haha. So excited! Hope I’m not too rusty... wish me luck!

L’s phone vibrated, notifying that a friend has made a new post on his SNS. Checking, he saw your message and he was shaken. Thoughts started rushing through his head.

*What kind of photoshoot is this? Is it going to be revealing? IS SHE GOING TO BE ON BILLBOARDS!?* 

Not knowing how to react, he just stood frozen as he let his whirlwind of thoughts sweep him up and away into another world. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

Cupid’s Arrow

Hello Cupids! 

How are you all doing? Yes... I know... haha. It’s been a while but it’s only been two months! I thought I had left this for way longer than that ><

It’s been hard trying to balance working at the cinema (which has long hours) and uni/college. It’s exam period right now and here I am... procrastinating... haha.

Nah, I only have one exam left and it’s all multiple choice so it’s all good :)

I’ll also be going to China soon so hopefully, I’ll be able to write up a lot more chapters on the plane ride. Also hoping that I’ll be able to catch up on my reading ^^

Until next time, stay well! <3