Still a Panda No Matter What

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

Sitting on Minah's bed in her room, Minah paced back and forth, thinking about how to first change you. She can't give you an immediate regime on exercising, because she's gonna have to plan around your circumstances, which you'll discuss later.

"How about… We change your personality first. ~~~~-ah, you look too soft," Minah said. You frowned. "Was that meant to be a pun?"

Minah tilted her head and a second later, she got the joke and laughed. "No~ It wasn't meant to be. But ~~~~-ah, you look to vulnerable. We're gonna make you into a tougher girl. Come on, give us your hardest stare."

Closing your eyes, you took a deep breath and gave what Minah ordered. But instead of getting the desired effect, it just cracked both Soojung and Minah up. "Seriously, ~~~~? That's the best you can do? You still look like a cute panda in the zoo!" Soojung roared with laughter.

At the mention of the word 'Panda', your eyes dimmed down. *'Panda'… That used to be his pet name for me…*

"Anyways! Okay, come on ~~~~-ah. We'll practice in front of the mirror, alright?" Minah kindly guided you to her big wardrobe mirrors, where the three of you stayed all night, trying to toughen you up.

By the next day, you had massive dark circles under your eyes. Although Soojung stayed up just as late as you did, she was used to staying up late, so it didn't really affect her at all.

"I hate you, Soojung-ah… You don't get fat no matter how much you eat or get dark circles when you stay up late… Is there anything you're not perfect at?" You groaned in a low voice, back hunched over, basically looking like a zombie walking to school.

"Of course. But that'll be a secret, coz then, you'll know my faults," Soojung playfully winked at you and laughed. "Psht! I thought we were best friends and didn’t keep secrets from each other. I don't think we're best friends anymore…" You heaved a sigh while Soojung socked you in the arm. "Dream on. I'm gonna stick to you till you get married off to Afghanistan."

Although Soojung was laughing on the outside, a sixth sense in her told that she would meet someone that she had almost forgotten about. Her first love. Someone that even you didn't know about.

*Am I going to see you today…? Or is it just my silly intuition playing tricks on me?* She shook off the thought and linked arms with you, making the already unsettled you even more aroused. "Yah, Soojung-ah. I know we're besties, but right now is not a good time to piss me off. Not enough sleep makes a bear angry, you know?"

 

The moment you and Soojung stepped into a five metre radius of the school grounds, people started gossiping.

"Oh my gosh, who's that girl with our resident fatty?" "She's wearing our uniform… Is she a new student?" "Damn… She's hot." "Dude, I think I'm gonna go and ask for her number at lunch today."

Being less fluent than you in Korean, Soojung dismissed all those comments and didn't think much of them. Most of the time, she just thought, *Damn… why do they talk so much.*

"Oh! Myungsoo-ah! Isn't that your ex! Dayum… She has some hot chick next to her. Do you know her? You think you can introduce her to me?" Dongwoo, said, nudging L excitedly and sliding his thumb over his plump lower lip.

*It's that Soojung girl… Seriously… Where have I seen her before…* L squinted his eyes at Soojung and a hazy picture started forming in his head. "Soojung-ah…" L's head whipped back to find out that it was Sunggyu who had whispered Soojung's name.

*That's right! Soojung was Sunggyu-hyung's first love! He even showed me a picture of her the other day… Sunggyu-hyung never seemed to be able to have let her go…*

 

Going over to office, you had sent in the admission papers last night through the mail and the school has already organised Soojung's classes for her. "Thank you," you said, thanking the same emotionless lady that helped you the day before.

"Awesome. Half your classes are with me," you beamed. Soojung squealed happily in response and took you into a warm embrace. "Great! At least I know half my school life won't be so boring after all."

Taking Soojung on a brief tour of the school, meeting Infinite in the narrow hallways was inevitable. Once you spotted the group of kingkas walking your way, you hid your face behind a piece of paper and wanted to move on as if nothing's happened.

"Yah.. Kwon ~~~~…. What the hell are you doing? Why're you hiding? There's no reason for you to hide!" Unable to comprehend, Soojung just grabbed the piece of paper and yanking it out of your grip, leaving you surprised and face to face with L.

"Hey, ~~~~-ah," L greeted happily, showing you his dazzling smile. "Um… H-hi… L-sshi…" Your stutter was pathetic but it was already ten times better than what you thought you would've done.

"You looked more and more like the lovable panda you are, you know that?" L continued to tease.

Soojung raised an eyebrow at the light conversation and observed the faces behind L. *Well, leaving ~~~~ to confront her fears isn't so much of a bad thing. Let's see just how hot these kingkas are…*

But then, her eyes stopped on one. The one person that made her heart beat, as well as the one that could make it stop. *Sunggyu-oppa…*

"Um… We're gonna take our leave now. Come on, Soojung-ah. Let's go," you hurried. "Huh, what?" You gave Soojung a helpless look and just dragged her past Infinite through the hallways.

*My intuition… It really never fails me.* Soojung though. *Kim Sunggyu… I never had the chance to explain to you what happened that day…*

When the bell rang for class, L pulled Sunggyu aside for a quick talk. "Sunggyu-hyung, do you know who Soojung is?"

"Yes…" Sunggyu moved his head to the left so he wouldn't have to make eye contact with L. "Do you still… have feelings for her?"

"I… I don't know… I mean… She left me hanging for three years… Should I even hold onto these feelings? I mean… she probably doesn't even feel the same way."

Sighing, Sunggyu walked into his class with a dejected feeling, while L had to make his way to his own class. "Seems like there's some misunderstanding between the two… Hmm… Maybe if I can help with this misunderstanding… That Soojung person won't hate me so much." L smiled like a kid that seemed to have struck gold and took long, happy strides to his class.

-----------------------

Here is another update for you guy ><

I wanted to apologise for the bad update before… *sigh* I'm so sorry for confusing you all :(

I think… I might actually take a hiatus on this one…

Actually, on second thought, a semi-hiatus :D I might not be able to update as much coz school just started so yeah… :/