Minah is L's What?!

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

"Don't worry, I can help you fill in the form. My mother can be your guardian for now and sign the admissions form. Everything is gonna be fine. I can't wait till you're in the same school as me, Soojung-ah!" You gave your friend an excited hug and released her, walking into the school office."

"Yes, hello. How may I help you?" Giving you a smile without any feelings into it, she waited for you to answer.

"Um, can I get a school admission form for this girl next to me please?" You pointed to Soojung gave the office lady a nervous smile. Without returning any type of feelings, the office lady just handed you the school admission papers for you to fill in and left you to it.

The bell rang for the beginning of school, but you stayed with Soojung to help her through. "Y-yah… Aren't you meant to be in class? Go. I can do this." Soojung smiled and tried to reassure you, but you knew that she would never be able to fill this out by herself. Her Korean is still a bit iffy.

"Oh come on, Soojung-ah. You know you don't know what half the form says here, and sorry but, we don't have an English version."

Soojung rolled her eyes and chuckled at your comment. "Actually, stay. It'll take me the whole day to fill this out and it's better to do it with you than do it with anyone else. Okay, ask away."

 

By the time you two had finished filling out the form, the day was already half over. "Here," you handed in the form with a polite smile and took Soojung's hand. "Come on. There's only half a day left. Might as well spend it somewhere fun rather than at school."

Soojung was surprised that for once, the 'Good Girl' ~~~~ would want to skip school. But she decided that maybe there was still something on her mind, and wanted to have you vent it out if you wanted to. "Alright then! Let's go!" Pumped up, Soojung ran out of the school without even caring that L was directly in front of them. "Move out of the way, pretty boy," Soojung snarled, and continued running, with you behind her.

*~~~~?* Creasing his forehead, L turned back to see you running together with Soojung. *She's a bad influence on her…*

 

Since neither of you could drive or call your chauffeur to drive you, the two of you took public transport instead. On the bus, neither of you really said anything. It was like there was a silent neutral agreement to keep silent or else something will shatter in front of their eyes.

A little less than an hour later, you arrived at a gorgeous beach that seemed to stretch on for miles. With the sun's rays bouncing off the water surface, making it glisten, and the occasional seagull's cry, it was a perfect day for the beach.

"Man, I wish I brought a beach towel and my bikini. It would've been so nice to just sunbathe and soak up the beautiful sunrays, don't you think, ~~~~-ah? ~~~~-ah?" Soojung turned her head to look at you, but instead of being silent because of worries and sadness, you were silent because you were in absolute awe over the beauty of the scenery presented before you.

"It's beautiful…" You remarked, your breath taken away. "It is, isn't it…" Soojung said, turning her head back towards the open beach again.

Making your way towards the white sand on the beach, you and Soojung held hands, swinging them together happily and openly laughing about everything and anything. By the time you two had settled down and the original endorphin rush (A/N: endorphin is a natural morphine, while relieves pain) has gone, the worries that troubled you kicked back in, and the atmosphere around you was heavy once more.

"~~~~? ~~~~-ah…? Look, I know something is bothering you. Tell me. You know I won't judge you, no matter what it is. Keeping it bottled up inside won't be good for burning calories," Soojung poked your belly and pouted.

A smile cracked on your plump lips. "What does burning calories have to do with bottling up feelings?" "Nothing… But I just wanted you to spill. So spill," Soojung said.

Sighing, you agreed. "Well… Remember how I told you about how I went to L's house to give him brownies, and that's how I found out about why he dated me?" Soojung nodded and eagerly waited for you to go on.

"Well… The reason why I went there was because a girl named Minah called me that day, saying that she heard that L and his friends were having a sleepover, and asked whether or not I wanted to make brownies for him and visit him by surprise. Now that I think back… L never told anyone about his sleepover. It was a secret thing between Infinite. And, she brought me to L's house. Even I didn't know where he lived. Doesn’t that sound strange to you?"

Nodding with her lips pursed, Soojung processed the information in her head and tried to make some sense of it. Suddenly, the links connected and Soojung stamped her palm with her fist.

"Oh my gosh! I bet she had her eyes on that stupid Kim Myungsoo and she wanted to break the two of you up so she can get with him!" The two of your gasped and looked at each other in alarm.

"No way…" You said in disbelief. "Maybe she's one of his stalker fangirls, you know?" Soojung added. The more you thought about it, the more the idea spoke to you. *What if… Minah really was just pretending to be nice to me… Maybe… Maybe she knew about my crush on L before he even knew, and wanted to target me even more after we were officially going out… This-This can't be happening…*

"Come on, ~~~~-ah! We're going to that stalker 's house and get this thing straight!" Soojung yanked you up with two hands, off the sand, and even patting your clothes, making the sand sprinkle back onto the white beach.

"You know where she lives, yeah?" You nodded while still in a daze to Soojung's question, and once again let her drag you towards the bus stop.

All the way on the bus, Soojung was bad-mouthing Minah in both Korean and English, and on multiple occasions, you jumped to Minah's defence. But Soojung would just then reason with you, saying that she may indirectly, or even directly, the one who ruined your relationship with L. And with that, you couldn’t argue, so you just gave up in the end, sitting silently on the bus, listening to Soojung bilingual rant.

 

When you and Soojung arrived at Minah's mansion, even Soojung was taken back a bit by her wealth. She had imagined her opponent to be somewhat of an average girl, with absolutely no self-confidence and a normal family background. But that didn't faze Soojung for long. Going back to her chances, Soojung frowned and pressed the door bell numerous times, till an elderly man's voice was heard over the telecom.

"Yes? May I help you?" The voice asked. Your heart softened. *It's the usual butler.* Stepping up to the speaker, you smiled. "It's me, ~~~~. It's been a while, sir." The voice gasped in recognition and said, "Oh my! Well if it isn't ~~~~-agasshi. It indeed has been a while. How are you doing, agasshi?"

"I'm doing fine, thank you. And you, sir?"

"I am doing fine also, as you can hear. Are you here to see Minah-agasshi today? She has missed you," the butler replied. Your heart tugged at the word 'Minah'. Until you found out the truth about her and L, there was no way you could be happy thinking about anything relating to her.

"Y-yes… I am. Would you please let us in?" Your voice slightly shaking, Soojung came up to you and squeezed your shoulder.

"It would be a pleasure," said the elderly butler. And not a second too soon, the gates that led up to the mansion over a long driveway were opened, inviting the two of you in.

"Come on, ~~~~-ie. We've got to get this over and done with. By the way… How come you're so friendly with the butler?" asked Soojung, holding tightly onto your hand.

"Um… Well, I used to be a frequent visitor here. And whenever Minah was out or busy getting something, I would wait in the mansion for her. That same butler would always be the one serving tea to us. If he saw that I was lonely waiting for Minah, he would even talk to me. He's a very nice man."

As on cue, the butler opened the door to you both and bowed as you entered the mansion with Soojung. Smiling, you turned towards the butler. "Is Minah in?"

Giving you a kind smile, he shook his head. "I'm afraid Minah-agasshi is out for now. But I believe she will be back in a short while."

With deflated shoulders, you gave him a tight-lipped smile and bowed. Just as the butler was about to take his leave, you called him back. "Um, wait! Sir… May I ask you something about Minah?"

With one hand behind his back and the other in front, he bowed at your request. "Anything, young miss."

"Um… Do you happen to know the relationship between… Between Kim Myungsoo and Minah?" You gulped and your eyes widened, with your hands clasped together, you anticipated an answer from the wise man.

A hint of surprise ran through his eyes. Clearing his throat, he answered, "I'm sorry. But it just surprised me that you would ask a question about the, young agasshi. Not many know of their relationship. They're actually… They're actually cousins."

Having never have imagined that this would be the end result, you stood, shocked, and your hearing seemed to have faded away a bit. *They're… They're… cousins? They're… blood-related?!*

Just when you were about to run out of the mansion to try and find Minah to confirm this bombshell of an information, the door open.

Immediately, heads whipped to the direction of the door and there stood Minah, on a lollipop casually, with one hand in her pocket.

"Oh my gosh, ~~~~-ah!" Minah's face brightened immediately at the sight of you and was about to run and give you a tight hug when she sensed that there was something weird about the atmosphere.

"Are you really… are you really L's cousin?" You asked directly, without beating about the bush. The lollipop was taken out of Minah's mouth with a slight 'pop', her eyes doubling in size. "H-How did you know…?"

Feelings of surprise washed over you in tsunami waves.

------------------

I am really sorry for how long I haven't been updating. I feel like I lack so much professionalism. To the point where a reader had to personally come and wall post me.

Thank you, Kellyheartz, for telling me to update, pulling me out of my little daze. I don't know why, but lately, I haven't been able to concentrate when I write this particular fic…

I think it's because I'm afraid that I won't be able to live up to all your expectations…

I'm really sorry… *bows*

 

BY THE WAY! On a completely unrelated note… I've decided to write a Block B fic! :D Would anyone be interested to read it? Heehee.