The Six Not-So-Merry Men

My Fat Me, Myself and L

You sat in the car in silence, replaying that moment in your mind over and over again. 

“Who are you? Who are you really? You’ve been on my mind all night!” 

His voice boomed in your head and your eyes quivered in fear. Those eyes were not those that you knew of. The old Myungsoo wouldn’t look at you in such a way. *Oppa… Do you… hate me now?*

Soojung looked over and worry was plastered all over her face. “~~~~-ah-“

“I’m sorry, Soojung. I just need to… be alone with my thoughts right now.” You said, cutting her off and stared out the window.

Soojung’s eyes returned to the front but road safety was far from her mind. *Kim Myungsoo, you always mess up her life and yet, she comes back to you every time. Why, I will never understand.* Then, an image slowly started forming in her head. It was her boyfriend, Sunggyu. Their relationship managed to somehow stay intact, despite their lack of in-depth conversations and physical contact. But Soojung couldn’t help shake the feeling that the bond they shared had weakened. 

In a car whose exterior radiated ferocity and confidence, the girls inside were anything but those qualities. Instead, they were vulnerable and each too absorbed in their own whirlpool of thoughts to keep up their confident front. 

 

The morning sun greeted you as its warm rays embraced you, filling you with positive energy. A morning run always took your mind off things and seeing scenery that you haven’t seen in so long just made the experience all the better. 

Your ponytail swayed to the rhythm of your steps, your breaths becoming sharp. “Alright… rest time…” You huffed. Stopping in front of a convenience store, you decided to walk in and buy a bottle of water. Standing in front of the coolers, you shivered a little. 

“You probably should wear a bit more if you’re cold.”

You gasped and turned around to meet Woohyun who, coincidentally, was also out for a morning jog. Quickly looking around, you searched for the other members of Infinite and let out a sigh of relief when you realised that Woohyun was alone.

“Yeah, good morning to you too?” Woohyun chuckled. 

“Oh, right, sorry. Hey. Um, sorry. Just had to make sure that no one else was here… Not sure that I’m ready for a confrontation yet,” you gave a shy smile and a shrug and went to the counter and paid. 

Hearing a sigh, you turned towards Woohyun who has his hands locked behind his head and stretching. “You know ~~~~, Myungsoo wasn’t very happy after last night. Look here, this is what he did to me.” 

Woohyun pointed to his jaw where it was still a bit swollen from that punch he got last night. 

“Oh whoa, he punched hard… Are you alright?” Standing on your tippy toes to compensate for your lack of height, you turned Woohyun’s face towards you and his cheek. 

Wincing and backing away, Woohyun pouted and nursed his swollen cheek. “This is your fault. You’re gonna have to take responsibility for this!”

Chuckling, you gave Woohyun a playful punch and walked off. “Whatever. Your reflexes were just crap.”

 

While, the two of you chased each other around the convenience store and started getting on the store owner’s nerves, L stood outside silently watching, his fists unknowingly clenched together.

*Nam Woohyun, you little…*

 

********************

 

Woohyun strolled into L’s home, feeling invigorated and refreshed after a jog and a shower. “Myungsoo-yah, guess who I saw… Why is everyone looking at me like that?”

The atmosphere was tense at best and everyone seemed to be staring at Woohyun with interrogative eyes. But L, his eyes spoke differently. There was a hint of jealousy and… hatred. 

“Um…” Uncomfortably stepping forward and sitting himself down, Woohyun grabbed a nearby cushion and held it to his chest. 

Hoya cleared his throat as an attempt to break the silence but L cut in first. “How did you find out?”

“What?” Woohyun asked.

“Don’t mess with me, Nam Woohyun. How did you know that ~~~~ was there that night, tell me!” 

Woohyun tried to pull back but L grabbed his collar and pulled him in close. “Tell me now or that other side of your jaw will need a whole lot more than just a to soothe it.”

Fury clouded L’s judgement and his usual charisma was replaced with pure anger.

*, he saw us…* Woohyun stared right back at L, clueless as to what he should say. *Anything I say now will only fuel his anger…*

Even the calm and collected Hoya stepped in. “Myungsoo might be a bit harsh with his words but he’s right. If you don’t tell us, then I don’t think we can trust you anymore.”

“What? No, come on guys. Your trust in me is this shallow? I’m sure you all have secrets of your own too!” Woohyun looked around the room for possible support but was only met with retreating glances and that stern stare from L. 

“Alright, fine. Look… she… she was the one that contacted me first,” Woohyun said with his head down.

But no one really cared for that. They were too busy gawking at him while L’s jealousy was fuelled even more. “How?” L said with gritted teeth, shaking with envy and anger. 

“I, I don’t know. I really don’t. She just found me on Twitter one day and we started tweeting…” Woohyun trailed off, his posture slightly limp.

Sungyeol scrunched his eyebrows and butted in. “We follow you on Twitter too. We all do. I think I would’ve noticed if you were talking to a super hot supermodel, don’t you think?”

“Yes well… she only publicly tweeted me once and then we directly messaged each other after that…” With his head hung low, Woohyun didn’t know where to look. Was he meant to beg for L for forgiveness now or expect a beating from six other built guys?

Nothing but silence reigned over the room and it was getting uncomfortable. “So uh, what happens now?” Everyone’s head jerked towards Sunggyu, who took it upon himself to break the heavy atmosphere and try to start the conversation going. He knew better than just to let anger dangerously boil inside everyone.

“I don’t know but I just want you out of the house.” L didn’t have to make eye contact with Woohyun for him to know that he was getting kicked out. 

With a limp wave and what seemed like a feint ‘See you aorund’, Woohyun left the house and seemed to have taken all the tension away with him. 

“Myungsoo-yah, are you really going to do this? Come on, we’re Infinite. We stick together,” Sunggyu said, gently laying a hand on L’s shoulder. 

“And we will. But maybe with one less member.” Lightly brushing his hand off, L headed up into his room with heavy steps, leaving the members to stare at each other in confusion as to what to do next. 

“It’s alright guys. This will blow over… He’ll get over it…” Sunggyu address the group, but it seemed more like he was comforting himself. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Annnnnnnd A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! :D

Hello Cupids~ I know… I’ve been MIA for TOO LONG! AND I’M BACK WITH AN UPDATE! WHEEEEE!

Hopefully in this new year, I can bring about updates more frequently ^^ 

I’m thinking about just sitting in a cafe with my laptop and writing updates…. Does that sound like a lonely thing to do? haha.

I don’t know, maybe.

But yeah, I hope you guys enjoyed this and I’ll type another one of these useless “Cupid’s Arrows” again very soon :D

(I just decided to name this corner Cupid’s Arrow :D The name probably won’t stick or matter to you guys but I juts thought it’d be kinda cute so… haha. Yeah. Did this purely for my own pleasure xD)

I’ll shoot you an arrow soon~ Stay well~ :D