Classroom Surprises

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

 

 

 

Sunday came and went. Of course, you couldn’t go anywhere. After that excruciating first gym session, which showed just how unfit you were, your muscles were aching, and there wasn't an inch in your body that wasn't screaming.

Lying on your bed in the shape of a starfish, you just stared up at the ceiling, without bothering making your bed after eating breakfast in bed. *Will I ever be able to job 10km without stopping?* But a scoff answered that. *Yeah, right. It was stupid of me to think that I can even run 2km without stopping, let alone 10.*

Your phone buzzed. Without thinking, your arm reached for it, but it retreated instantly, given that your muscle aches without every movement. *I should really consider that ice bath thing…*

Your phone just kept vibrating. "So it's a call…" You said dazedly. "If it's Soojung… she can come up to my room herself. If it's mum and dad… They'll understand. If it's Minah… Nah, she'll know that I'm hurting. And that just leaves all the other unimportant people in my life then…"

But your mind went to Myungsoo. *L… what about him? Is he still important in your life, Kwon ~~~~?* A part of you still thought of him as something special. After all, he was your first boyfriend. And 'First-Anything's always meant something. *But he played you Kwon ~~~~… He played you…*

You rolled to the left side of the bed, your emotional scar diminishing your physical aches. "Why are you doing this to me, Myungsoo… My… oppa…"

 

**********

 

Without any twists or surprises, the school year was nearing its end, and Christmas was a little less than two weeks away. With a thick, woolly scarf wrapped around your neck and an warm jacket filled with wool on the inside, it made you look plumper. Although you have shed around 10kgs in the past three months, it wasn't enough to make a substantial difference.

Sighing, you tapped your pencil against the pages of your book, making a dull, washed out sound. You couldn't help but stare out at the window, where the pane was frosted, and where snow had gathered. *I was somewhere else… School just doesn't feel… worth it anymore.* It was the loud knocking at the classroom door that brought you back out of your thoughts, and into reality. "Reality …"

"And so do you," Soojung whispered. That was the one thing you liked about school, that Soojung was right next to you. "Dude! What the hell! Did you read my mind?!" Soojung raised an eyebrow. "Dude… You were the one that blabbed out loud." She gave you a look and went back to working on questions.

"Oh…" You were about to fall into one of your dazes again when you noticed who was at the door. "M-Myungsoo…"

Soojung's ears were that of a bats when the name 'Myungsoo' was involved. "What?! Are you thinking about him again? I told you not to!" But when Soojung saw that your eyes were elsewhere, she followed it and saw the dreaded 'M' word at the door as well. "Oh…"

Your teacher pointed towards you and instructed for you to go out to the front. *Me?! … He must've realised I was spacing out… Oh crap…* You stepped to the front, bracing yourself on the inside for a lecture in front of the whole class and an afternoon detention. But what the teacher said surprised your beyond detentions and a humiliation in front of the class. "Myungsoo-goon would like to have a word with you. Make it quick." It was obvious the teacher didn't think much of it, but you obeyed anyway. *What would he want…* You thought.

Myungsoo gave your teacher a polite bow and a small smile and then leaned on the wall on the corridor. "Hey, ~~~~," he started. His tone was light and his voice kept quiet, so you won' t be overheard. "Yes?" You didn't trust your voice to reply more than one word. You were afraid it would crack or do something embarrassing. "Um…" L was being awfully fidgety today, but you ignored it. *Maybe it's a phase he's going through.*

"Er… Well… I wanted to ask if… um… If…" You rolled your eyes. L was being hesitant and his unfinished sentences was starting to annoy you. *I wish he would spit it out already… But… It's been so long since I've had a private conversation like this with him. I kind of… miss it.*

"Okay! See, it's winter, right? And it's almost Christmas, right?" Myungsoo looked at you, and you just nodded. "So… I'm having this thing at my holiday house, which is near a ski place kind of thing and I was wondering…" Nothing would have ever braced you for the impact of what came next.

"Would you like to come to my holiday house for the Christmas with me?!" L blurted, almost too loudly. It raised some heads in the classroom, but it wasn't loud enough for them to make out what he had said. Your eyes widened. *D-Did I just… DID I JUST HEAR WHAT I HEARD?!* Apparently, your shock was evident on your face when L let out an awkward cough and a laugh. "I'll… give you some time to think about it, yeah? Alright, I'll see you later." L gave you a hug, and walked away happily, turning back and waving at you, giving you the most dazzling smile you've ever seen.

You were feeling light-headed, and it was like you floated back into class on a cloud. You made a loud thud when you sat back on your chair, but you didn’t care. You were too busy trying to figure out if you had just imagined the whole thing or not. The bell had rang, and student were rushing out of the classroom, excited for lunch, but you stayed, and Soojung naturally stayed with you.

"Hey. Hey! Dude, get your together! What happened just then? Anything epic? Stop being in a daze and fill me in already!" Soojung's whine made you snap out of it.

First, you let out a squeal that already bursted Soojung's eardrums. Then, you grabbed your small frame and shook her about. "WHOA! DUDE! I DIDN'T MEAN EXPRESS IT LIKE THAT! WITH WORDS, WOMAN! WORDS!"

You let her go, as well as a big sigh. "Soojung-ah… What am I gonna do… M-Myungsoo… he just.. He just asked me to go to his holiday house this Christmas with him…"

"WHAT?!"

--------------------------

& that's a cliffhanger, everyone! Haha xD 

&... there's a small little favour I would like to ask everyone. I usually don't advertise things BUT! This time, it's my baby sister that's just started writing out her fic!! :D I'm so proud of her, haha. She was so happy when she got her first comment xD So if you can all just drop by her fic, maybe even subscribe or comment? That would be great! I wrote her foreword for her :D It's a Minwoo (Boyfriend) and You story ^^ So yeah :D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/198270/coincidence-nominwoo-romance-you-school-boyfrienband