Drunken Confession

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

Through the days spent at the holiday house, every moment was filled with a fond memory, whether it was spent arguing over little things like what was to be had at breakfast, or whether it was a heart-warming gesture that either of the boys did that would make hearts flutter. But all things have to come to an end, and it was the last night the four of you will be spending at the holiday house before heading back to Seoul.

 

“Let’s have a drink tonight, yeah?” Sunggyu suggested. Everyone gave him a weird look, as if he was just some drunkard. “What? I mean, it’s our last night here, might as well get wasted and then deal with it in the morning, right?” 

 

“Alright, I’ll buy the beer then,” L volunteered, getting up from the floor and putting his jacket on, taking his phone and keys with him as well. 

 

“I’ll come as well! I want to see if they have my favourite brand of beer from America here. Bye Sunggyu-oppa, ~~~~!” Soojung rushed off behind L, shutting the door and trudging through the snow till she caught up.

 

“Um… okay…” You said. There wasn’t much you could do in this situation. You’ve never been alone with Sunggyu before and the atmosphere presented itself as awkward and quiet. Sitting cross-legged on the floor and shuffling uncomfortably about, Sunggyu was gentleman enough to break the ice. 

 

“So um… ~~~~-sshi. We’ve never really officially introduced ourselves, right? I’m Sunggyu, Kim Sunggyu. I’m the leader of Infinite.It’s er… nice to finally meet you,” he finished off, with a little scratch to the back of his head. 

 

You were in shock. *Where had the cocky leader of Infinite gone? Is this really the same person that used to tease me about my fat?* “Um… Hey. I’m Kwon ~~~~. I’m pretty sure you know me pretty well…” You gave a bitter smile.

 

“Yeah, about that… I just wanted to apologise. I know I was a total jerk and teased you for your… chubbiness without really knowing who you were on the inside. After getting to know you better, you’re actually a pretty cool chick and it made me realise how much of a prick I was to you in the past. I’m really sorry. Will you… accept my apology?” Sunggyu even bowed his head down a little, sincerity clearly shown.

 

“I… Of course. I mean, I’ve gotten used to getting teased about my weight. It’s okay,” another bitter laugh echoed through the house and without knowing it, memories of that night when you found out that L was only dating you as a dare came seeping through the cracks. You closed your eyes and pushed them back. *No, you can’t come back into my life now. It’s all over.*

 

“No! It shouldn’t be something you should get used to!” Sunggyu was suddenly all fired up and even clasped his hands around yours. “Trust me, I’ll make sure that no-one ever bullies you or teases you every again! I mean, I am the leader of the kingka group at Woollim High, right?” 

That made you laugh. Sincerely. You were touched by the fact that Sunggyu would be nice to you, let alone help you not get bullied till you graduate. 

 

Sunggyu smiled back brightly in return. *Myungsoo-ah… I am so sorry that we were part of the reason you and ~~~~ were torn apart. If only we understood the good parts of ~~~~, you and ~~~~ would be making your journey towards your happily ever after. Don’t worry, I’ll definitely try and help you two get back together!*

 

The door’s lock clicked open and L stepped in, brushing the freshly fallen snow off his hair. “Hyung, ~~~~, we’re back. We got what-” L took a deep gasp and his eyes widened at the sight of you and Sunggyu, sitting together on the floor, with Sunggyu’s hands still clasped around yours. “Hyung! What’re you doing!” And just like that, L made a mad dash towards you dumping the beer cans on the floor and separated the two of you. 

 

“Whoa… Calm down there, lover boy. We were just… bonding, aren’t I right, ~~~~-ah?” Giving you a knowing wink, you smiled back a Sunggyu and nodded.

 

L looked at the exchange of glances between you and Sunggyu and childishly flung his arms in the air, causing a disruption. Soojung walked in moments after hearing L let out a childish yell and watched as L bickered with Sunggyu about why he was holding your hand. *Kim Myungsoo, I can never tell whether you’re serious or you’re just playing around with ~~~~…*  

 

“Cheers!” The four of you chorused, raising your cans of beer in the air and emptying the fluid down your throats. “Ah! That was good!” Sunggyu said, as he crushed his now empty can. “Let’s open another one!” He yelled, his face already red. 

 

“Hyung! You’re drinking too fast for us…” L’s speech turned into mumbling, which he ended it with a silly giggle. He too, was drunk. 

 

“You know, ~~~~-ah? I love Sunggyu… Sunggyu-oppa! Will you… will you be my boyfriend, hehe,” Soojung chuckled, grabbing L’s shoulders instead.

 

“Soojung! That’s Myungsoo-oppa you’re grabbing… Hehe, silly Soojung… Here… This is your boyfriend…” With a goofy smile, you moved Soojung’s hand off L’s shoulders and onto where they would be if she wasn’t drunk, on Sunggyu’s shoulders. 

 

“Ah… So that’s why I thought you looked a bit different… Hehe. So it was even you in the first place…” Soojung let off a hiccup and pouted. “Oppa… I’m tired… and sleepy… Let me just nap on your shoulder for five minutes…” 

 

“Okay, babe. Anything you want…” Sunggyu smoothly placed Soojung’s head on his shoulder and within no time, Soojung was sound asleep. 

 

You looked at the scene with a warm smile. But in seconds, tears started streaming down your face. “Y-You know… All I ever wanted w-was to ha-have a real relationship… But I couldn’t even g-get that…” 

 

L looked towards you and his heart ached. You were bawling in front of his eyes and it was all his fault. Shifting himself towards you, he put your head against his chest and your hair. “I know you’re crying because of me… But really, I’m sorry. If I could rewind time, I would have stopped the guys from saying anything bad about you…”

 

“Why, Kim Myungsoo! Why?! I loved you so much and I thought we even had a chance… I thought you were different… Why, why why?!” Every hit against L’s chest that you made only made you bawl harder. It wasn’t like you could stop the tears either. This is what alcohol does to people, it relieves them of the burden they carry temporarily. 

 

Soon, your initial fume was lost and your hammering turned into soft taps against L’s chest. “Why, oppa… Can you just tell me why…?”

 

“Because… I was stupid enough to say yes to the dare… But if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t have dated you and if I hadn’t dated you… I would not have fallen in love with you…” L looked down upon your asleep face and smiled, lowering himself till he was just hovering above your ears. “Kwon ~~~~, I love you.”

 

----------------------

Something finally happened, yeah? Is it enough for you guys to fangirl about? I hope it is xD