Like Old Times

My Fat Me, Myself and L

“And that’s all there was to it. It was purely coincidental, I swear. Hyung, I would never lie to you.”

Woohyun’s confession made Sunggyu think and he seemed sincere. Sunggyu knew Woohyun well enough to know that he wouldn’t do anything more to jeopardise his friendship with L.

“Alright, I’ll let you off the hook. You’re lucky it was me and not Myungsoo that caught you out. Otherwise, he would eat you up alive. Lay low, alright?” Sunggyu warned his beloved dongsaeng. Although his tone was stern, he meant what he said in the most sincere way. He didn’t want any more trouble in Infinite. It was barely getting through.

You, who had been left in the dark, looked at Soojung with a questioning face. You had a million questions to ask but Soojung knew just as much as you did. “So what’s going on?” Soojung asked.

Sunggyu looked at his beloved and let out a heavy sigh. “Woohyun and Myungsoo are in a fight...” As he stopped his sentence midway, his gave a sideward glance at you. “... over ~~~~.”

“What? No, that’s crazy! How did this even happen?” You stood up, causing a scene. The customers quickly gave you a stare which sat you back down, but the shock hadn’t worn off and it was evident from your expression. Answers, you needed answers. Now.

Woohyun shook his head. “Well... they were going through my phone and found messages that was sent between you and me back when you were still in America and I guess... Myungsoo got angry at the fact that I didn’t tell him that I was in contact with you. He was already pretty pissed off that I didn’t tell him you were at the party either... So yeah. It kinda just... developed into a huge fight.” A sheepish smile appeared on the boy’s face as an attempt to ease the situation but you were in a world of guilt.

*Oh no... I’ve caused a rift between the boys! This is the last thing I want... But why did he get mad... Is he... could he possibly be... jealous?*

The thought of possibly making L jealous made you feel happy on the inside but you waved the thought away. After all this time, it couldn’t be jealousy. *He must be mad because one of his best friends kept a secret from him. Yeah. That must be it.*

You felt so bad for Woohyun, you went over and gave him a hug. “I’m so sorry that I was the cause of this. I didn’t want this to happen. I messaged you because I sincerely wanted to catch up with you. Plus... I was feeling pretty lonely in America so... yeah. I’m so sorry. I really hope that this blows over soon.”

Woohyun gave you an appreciative look but there was still sadness behind his eyes and you could not have seen it any more clearer. 

As the waiter brings the dessert around, your face brightened up. “Cake!” 

Everyone giggled. The old ~~~~ hasn’t changed one bit.

 

********************

 

Weeks have passed and L was still reluctant to reconcile with Woohyun. Lying down in bed and staring up at the ceiling, your face kept popping up in his head, derailing his train of thought. *Why ~~~~. Why Woohyun and not me?* was the question that he had been asking himself. Was it because you hated him? Or the fact that you may have fallen for Woohyun’s gentle ways instead. Just entertaining the latter thought wanted to make him punch a wall. He was not willing to hand you to another guy, let alone his best friend. Woohyun knew how much you meant to him.

Grabbing his phone, L decided to finally make the first move. “If you’re not gonna message me, then I’ll just message you first.”

Scrolling through Woohyun’s Twitter profile, he found your username and sent you a direct message. 

Hey, how’s it going?

L smiled at himself. *Short and sweet and doesn’t show a lot of commitment. Perfect.*

 

On the receiving end of the message, your phone beeped and your screen flashed just as you came out of the shower. You were always so excited to receive notifications. “Yay, someone is talking to me!”

To your surprise, it was L. “What?!” Your phone almost slipped out of your wet hands when you saw that the sender had sent you a short message asking you how you were. 

*Oh my gosh, how should I reply? Should I reply with one word or like...a few sentences? Or does he want like, a whole paragraph so he can have a whole low-down of my day? What should I do?!* You paced around the room with nervous steps. If you took too long to reply, it’ll seem like you’re being way too distant and reduce your chances of being closer to him, but if you reply straightaway then it seems desperate. 

“Okay, I’ll just take a few moments to figure out what to write back...” So you sat yourself down on your bed and tucked yourself in. Snuggling up in your PJs after the shower is the best. Nothing beats that warm feeling you get. Not even chocolate. 

Sitting in bed all comfy, you grew drowsy and didn’t really care anymore so you sent what you said on your mind, except filtered slightly to seem nonchalant. 

 

Not much. Just feeling a bit drowsy. You? 

 

Standing by his phone from the beginning, L jumped at the buzz of his phone and eagerly read your reply. It conjured up the cutest image of you rubbing your eyes sleepily in his head and a big goofy smile surfaced on his face. 

 

Nothing much either. It’s been a quiet couple of days. Just lying in bed now and contemplating the meaning of life. You know, the usual Friday night stuff young people do for fun keke.

 

You had almost fallen asleep when the vibrations of your phone jolted you awake. Giggling, you replied, Well aren’t you the deep and meaningful one. What else is on your mind, oh great scholar?

 

And just like the, replies went back and forth all night. You, forgetting about your drowsiness and L forgetting about all the drama that has been happening with Infinite. It was just like old times.

 

---------------------------------------

Cupid’s Arrow

 

Hi Cupids!! 

I’m so sorry that I haven’t updated in EONS!

Life’s been pretty busy with me just starting uni/college and trying to cope with the workload, new environment and trying to make new friends. 

Thanks so much for staying around and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

 

Until next time! ^^