Again

My Fat Me, Myself and L

 

Beer cans were scattered across the floor as Dongwoo brought dozens over and suggested that everyone should drink to celebrate. Of course, what they didn’t know was your high tolerance for alcohol and the fact that you knew everyone was gonna be down before you.

 

A silent sigh was heard from L as you wandered over to him. You chuckled at his state. Lying on his stomach, sleeping with his mouth open and even giving off a slight snore, if any of the girls saw their kingka right now, they would cry and vow never to see him the same way again. But to you, this was his charm. His unsuspected goofiness and sloppy-ness, and the fact that he cares about more than just maintaining his looks and getting girls just made him all the more charming.

 

Your lips parted, and whispered, “I hate saying goodbyes.”

 

“Kwon-agasshi, your luggage.” 

 

You heard the wheels roll against the marble floor, as the maid bowed and left it close by. The silence was thick with sorrow. Even the suitcase seemed reluctant to go. With one last smile and one last glance, you stood up and pulled the suitcase behind you, leaving the boys sleeping in peace, snoring like there’s no tomorrow, completely unaware of your departure. 

 

********************

 

“Hello, and welcome to the United States!” A cheerful airport clerk greeted you as you rolled your cart into the arrivals aisle and sat, pouting about no internet access or enough sleep on the plane.

 

Your legs swung from side to side as you buried your face in your scarf. The US winter was just as cold as South Korea’s, but winter just wasn’t your thing.

 

Tapping the screen of your dead phone, you sighed at Soojung’s tardiness and just sat back into your seat. *Damn it, that girl. I knew she would be late, but why does it take her this long?!* Just when you were about to leave, you heard footsteps running towards you and turned around in a second. 

 

“GOOD! You haven’t left yet! Oh my gosh, I thought you were gone!” Soojung held onto your shoulder for support as she huffed and puffed from the intense marathon from customs to arrival.

 

“What took you so long?!” You scolded.

 

“Well… they had me at customs for some random reason and then they were going through my suitcase and then…”

 

Your eyes widened as you knew what was to happen next. “Oh no, they didn’t.”

 

Likewise, Soojung replied, “Oh yes, they did.”

 

“No… not the suitcase!” You gasped. Everyone knew that someday the moment Soojung opens her suitcase, the world’s going to end because it’s like a ticking time bomb. You never know how much clothes or pairs of shoes she’s got in there and when it’ll explode out onto the streets.

 

You reminisced the time Soojung came to Korea to visit you and the suitcase exploded in the taxi driver’s face while he was putting it into the trunk. Of course, everything would’ve been fine if only Soojung’s Victoria’s Secret bras weren’t hanging off his face.

 

Shuddering at that embarrassing moment, you forgave Soojung in a second. “I feel so sorry for that customs officer…” You gave a moment of silence to whoever it was and hoped that he or she didn’t get a stiletto in the face because it wouldn’t have been the first time.

 

The bright lights of New York shone upon your face in all the colours of the rainbow through the taxi window. You stared in awe at the bright, shining lights and wondered what they all meant. Remembering that English was  your worst subject, you figured that you’d give up trying to read anything for the night and just let Soojung handle it. After all, she did live in America for half her life. 

 

You rested your head back and closed your tired eyes, searching for a peace of mind in the busy city. Car horns screamed and wheels screeched. New York was a lot noisier than you thought it’d be. But nothing would cover the ruckus your heart was making.

I want to go back to Korea! Lemme see Myungsoo-oppa! Why did you leave?!

Those were only some of the protests your heart had made, and the list went on. Feeling a tug on your sleeve, you rolled your head towards Soojung, who was giving you a small smile, “You alright?”

 

You returned her smile and looked out the window once more. There were things pulling your heart back towards Korea. Family, ex-boyfriend, the lack of a language barrier. Everything you have taken for granted all became scarce now. 

 

“Look, I know you’re feeling homesick, but it’s okay! Minah will fly over in a few days to join us and soon, we’ll have a girls’ party every night! It’ll be heaps fun, alright? I promise,” Soojung comforted, with her usual infectious smile. 

Without knowing it, you smiled too and looked forward to your time in New York. *I’m going ot start afresh. Start afresh and make everyone regret ever teasing me and only seeing me for who I was on the outside!*

 

********************

 

The Kwon mansion was busy with maids cleaning up after the post-grad party last night, with the all the boys still lying on the floor in their original states. Being the deep sleeper that Dongwoo was, it would take more than an earthquake to wake the dino up, however, Woohyun was awoken suddenly when his head fell off Hoya’s back. 

 

“Whoa! How long have I been out for…” Only mustering the strength to lift one heavy eyelid, he looked around with hazed vision and barely made out the blurred figures of maids running around. “Whoa… It’s making me head spin.”

Trying to lift himself off the floor only to fall back on Hoya and elbow him in the back, making him yelp and giving him a rude wake-up call. 

 

Hoya immediately jolted up, but like someone rising from the dead, his eyes were kept closed. “Bro, what?! Not cool…” And just like that, he lied back down for another deep slumber.

 

But Hoya’s sudden scream completely woke Woohyun up and as he continued to survery his surroundings through hazed vision, he noticed a certain silhouette was gone.

 

First shaking Hoya, Woohyun continued to search with his eyes. “Guys… Guys, wake up. No, seriously guys, ~~~~’s gone.” 

 

Groans and mumbles consisting of “Go back to sleep,” and “Shut up…” was heard but Woohyun knew that if one person were to care, it’d be L. So jumping over the five other bodies sprawled all over the floor, Woohyun squatted by L’s side and talked into his ear, “Myungsoo-yah, ~~~~’s gone.”

 

Swatting at his ear, L scrunched up his face. “Five more minutes…”

 

As a last resort, Woohyun took a deep breath and yelled into L’s ear, “I SAID ~~~~ IS GONE! ~~~~, THE ONE YOU LOVE, IS GONE! YOU HEAR ME?! GONE!”

 

“ALRIGHT, BRO, I’M UP! Far out…” With his face scrunched in pain yet again, L allowed himself up on one arm and rubbed his ear. “Dude… uncalled for…”

 

Sighing, Woohyun just shook his head and sat cross-legged on the floor. “Guess I’ll just let you realised yourself then…”

 

 

By the time everyone was awake and able to think clearly without a throbbing headache, it was already past noon and the sun was well on its job. 

 

“Hey, someone call ~~~~ over… I don’t know where the toilet is…” Dongwoo groaned, his hand over his stomach with a face of pain. 

 

For the millionth time today, Woohyun let out a sigh and said, “She’s not here anymore…”

 

This time, L’s ears were sharp enough to hear it and pounced at Woohyun for more details. “What did you just say…”

 

“She’s not here anymore, she’s gone… I asked the maids. They all said that she packed her bags and left this morning…” With his head down, Woohyun’s face was mostly hidden, but anger, anxiety and panic was painted vividly on L’s face for all to see. 

 

And just like last time, even though he knew it was helpless, L rushed outside and frantically looked around for your figure and returned fruitless. Kneeling down on the gravel driveway, he clenched his jaw and pierced the ground with his stare, but even that wasn’t enough to stop his tears from falling. 

“Damn it… Again… Why do you have to do this to me again… ~~~~-ah…”

 

-----------------------------------

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! I thought I might as well finish this long-awaited update and give it to you guys on Christmas, LOLL! I hope you guys like it ~~ ^^

A massive thank you to PandaSulli for making me this wonderful poster, which she just gave me. Thank you so much, it's beautiful!

Happy holidays and stay safe! <3