The U.S. trip

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last week, Dongwook received a text from Jong Kook.

"Dongwook, let's meet for a short chat at a cafe. Are you free later?"

Dongwook quickly replied with a yes.

He made his way down to the cafe.

 

Jong Kook was sitting in the back of the cafe, donning a black long hoodie, and black jeans, with shades covering his eyes.

"Hyung! I'm here..but where is Song Ji Hyo?" Dongwook sat down.

But there was no response from Jong Kook.

"Hyung! Hyung!! Are you here?!!" Dongwook spoke louder.

"Oh! Dongwook ah..mianhe..I was thinking of something that I didn't realise..Take a seat and order your drink.." 

Dongwook immediately felt it weird, since he have called him rather loud, but he didn't answer..

"Hyung, why have you called me down so suddenly? I thought we said that we are having a chat with Song Ji Hyo together?" Dongwook asks.

"Dongwook ah..today, I have a favour to ask of you..."

Dongwook nods.

"Dongwook ah, I am getting a divorce with Ji Hyo and I will be heading to the U.S. for a holiday to keep all those things off my mind."

"Mwuh rah goo? Hyung..why the divorce?"

"..Because we don't live well together..so the divorce?" Jong Kook answered.

"It's impossible...Hyung, you two love each other, how can you mention the word "divorce" so easily?" Dongwook shakes his head.

"Because of the many conflicts we have, Ji Hyo is stressed up about getting pregnant, I just want her to live happily..and with me, it's impossible.."

"Hyung, but these things can be solved quite easily..Just talk with her.."

Jong Kool cleared his throat before just going to his point. "Dongwook, I have already decided..to let go of her, and today, I'm here to tell you to take good care of Ji Hyo when I'm not around.."

"Why, hyung? I'm only her friend..Why are you giving me this responsibility when you should be doing it?!"

"Precisely because you are her good friend, I'm asking this of you. No one knows her better than you do, please..Dongwook, don't ask me the reason anymore.."

Jong Kook took out a notebook and put it on the table, pushing it to Dongwook.

"Dongwook ah..this is the notebook I have written. Inside there is Ji Hyo's habits, her likes and dislikes. I know that she is going to be sad about me leaving her, but..please stay with her for this moment..I'm sure she will resume a proper life after some time.."

"Hyung, I'm just her friend. I am in no capacity to do this unless..I'm someone close to her..her boyfriend or her husband.."

"Dongwook, you like her, right? Song Ji Hyo, you have feelings for her, ani?" Jong Kook asks. He has many times saw Dongwook being nice to Ji Hyo. A photo taken by a fan showed that he was smiling when Ji Hyo walked and held his hand during filming.

Dongwook stayed silent.

"No matter if you like her as a friend, or as a woman, please take good care of her..." Jong Kook took Dongwook's hand and forcefully handed him the book.

"Hyung, have you thought that the man in Song Ji Hyo's heart would always be you? So even if you push her to me, she won't accept it..But don't worry, I will take good care of her until you return.. And hyung, you are going to return to Korea, right? You are going to reconcile with Ji Hyo, right?"

"I...will see how....after I thought it through..." Jong Kook answers.

"Neh..please return as soon as possible. I will keep my promise to you.." Dongwook promises.

"Thank you, Dongwook ah..I will make a move now.." Jong Kook stood up, and bade him goodbye.

Dongwook walked Jong Kook to the entrance of the cafe. As Jong Kook was about to exit the cafe, he knocked against the glass door.

"Oh..my sunglasses.." He took his sunglasses off, and then Gap Jin came to open the door for him.

Dongwook stood looking at Jong Kook leaving. Something must be wrong, or else Jong Kook won't act like this, while he looks down at the notebook in his hands....

 

Back in Ji Hyo's home, Dongwook listened to them talk, but he was quiet. If he were to tell everyone about his hunch about Jong Kook, it will bring Ji Hyo even more worries, especially if they didn't manage to find Jong Kook.

The only thing he could do now is to go to the U.S. with Ji Hyo. And he would secretly find the hospitals in the States, and ask for Jong Kook's records. If he managed to find him there, it meant that he was right and he will tell Ji Hyo about it. If not, it meant that he made a wrong guess...

 

So he decided...

"Song Ji Hyo! I'll go with you to LA to search for Jong Kook hyung!" Dongwook spoke up.

"Jeongmal? You want to go there with me?!" Ji Hyo asks.

"Neh..I have no dramas to film for now, and you are a woman, it's not safe for you to be alone in a foreign country." Dongwook points out.

"Kure! Then we go together."

"Make sure you all be careful, okay?" The responsible Jae Suk said.

"Don't worry, Jae Suk hyung..I will take good care of Ji Hyo and we will definitely find Jong Kook hyung home." Dongwook answers.

 

In LA....

Jong Kook is lying on the hospital bed. He was already admitted in one of the private hospitals in Los Angeles to prepare for the major operation the next day.

He touches his ring on his right hand. 

"Ji Hyo ya..what are you doing now?" He says to himself, while wiping his tears.

"I miss you a lot..Ji Hyo ya..." And pain shot through his spine the moment he moves his arms.

"Aarghh.." Jong Kook groans, as he clasped onto the bedsheets.

"Wae? Hyung!!" Gap Jin who came into the ward with a tray of food, ran in upon seeing Jong Kook's pain hit him again.

"Gwenchana.." Jong Kook waves his hand at Gap Jin.

"Are you sure you are okay? Let me get the doctor, hyung!"

"Neh..Gap Jin ah..Hyung is fine."

"Neh..then have some food. I bought some porridge for you. You must eat something because you wouldn't be able to eat later on since you have to abstain from food before the operation."

"Neh.." Jong Kook sat up with Gap Jin's help.

He reaches his hand out to get the spoon. He fumbles around to get the spoon, and then he tried to scoop the porridge.

"Hyung..here.." Gap Jin leads Jong Kook's hand into the bowl.

"Hyung can do it myself.." Jong Kook pushes away Gap Jin's hand away from his and he uses his left hand to secure the bowl before he continues to scoop the porridge up and into his mouth.

"Ah..hot!" Jong Kook says as he felt the steaming hot porridge in his mouth without being able to see the steam.

"Hyung..okay?" Gap Jin secretly helped to blow the bowl of porridge.

Jong Kook didn't notice it, and continued attempting to eat the porridge himself.

In an attempt to eat, he didn't realise that some of the porridge has been poured on the tray.

"Hyung..let me feed you?" Gap Jin couldn't stand it anymore.

"I can eat it myself.."

"Hyung! Stop acting strong in front of me, can you, hyung?!" Gap Jin shouts.

"Gap Jin ah..waegurae?" Jong Kook smiles.

"Hyung..if you treat me as your dongsaeng, can you let me help you? I plead you!" Gap Jin said in exasperation.

"Gap Jin ah..what's wrong with you?" 

"Hyung! I know you don't want to seem as if you are vulnerable but you have to accept it, accept the truth! You can't even see clearly, and you can't even eat properly! Even in times like this, you are rejecting everyone's help! Do you think that I will be better off not helping you, and do you think that hyungsoo nim will be better off with you leaving her?! Do you think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter