The doctor

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo is sitting on the barstool, downing the glasses of margarita...

Her surroundings start to spin..after drinking ten glasses of it.

She rests her head against the tabletop..trying to orientate herself...

"Yeobo, mianhe....I'm not a good wife..I'm useless...I can't do anything..." Ji Hyo murmurs.

She stands up from her seat and walks wobbly to the outside of the club...

She bends down and uncontrollably, she throws up..

She was feeling uncomfortable throughout her whole body..her head is spinning...her heart is aching...

"Oppa..." Ji Hyo sits down on the floor and she buries her head in her knees..

 

"Noona! Noona!" Kwang Soo shakes Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo looks up.

"Kwang Soo ah! You are here..."

"Neh noona..Why are you sitting in the middle of the road? Gaja..I'll bring you back home..." Kwang Soo helps Ji Hyo up.

"Shiro! Shiro! I don't want to go home..please..Kwang Soo ah...Bring me anywhere except home..please..." Ji Hyo mumbles.

"Haish..noona...Then we go inside alright?" Kwang Soo sighs and he leads Ji Hyo inside the club to wait for Jong Kook..

 

Kwang Soo brings Ji Hyo to the sofa. Ji Hyo topples on the seat and she lies down...

"Noona..What happened? Why are you drinking so much?"

"I want more alcohol..Kwang Soo ah..Order some more!" Ji Hyo sits up and shakes Kwang Soo.

"Aye! Noona..No more for you!"

"You this! Are you not going to listen to your noona?!" Ji Hyo explodes.

"If I let you drink, I will be dead..." Kwang Soo answers as he thinks of Jong Kook.

"Never mind, I will order myself! Bartender, 5 more glasses of margarita!" Ji Hyo shouts.

"Noona!" Kwang Soo stops her.

"Don't stop me! Let me drink as much as I want..." Ji Hyo answers.

 

"Noona..did anything happen between you and hyung?" Kwang Soo asks cautiously.

"Ani! We are fine!" Ji Hyo answers, while continuing to drink.

"Indeed, alcohol is the thing that drives all our worries away..." Ji Hyo mumbles..

"Noona...don't.." Kwang Soo snatches the glass away..

 

At that time, Jong Kook hurries inside the club.

He comes to them and sits beside Ji Hyo.

"Yeobo!" Jong Kook hugs Ji Hyo.

"Why didn't you return my calls? I was so worried...If you wanted to drink, I could have accompanied you, love!" 

"Ahh..who is this handsome guy here?" Ji Hyo looks up in a drunken state already.

"I'm your husband..yeobo.."

"Huh, my husband? My husband is Kim Jong Kook..Who are you?" 

"I'm Kim Jong Kook! Your Kookie!" Jong Kook answers.

"Mwuh rah goo?! You are my kookie? Are you kidding me? You don't look like him..My kookie's much more handsome than you although you are quite handsome..." Ji Hyo slurs in her speech.

Jong Kook chuckles at Ji Hyo's praise..

"Then how's he handsome?" He asks.

"Him? oh..my husband is so perfect..He's my man..My one man has a sharp chin..sharp nose..small eyes...very soft lips..He's just my handsome husband."

"But I'm really your kookie..Ji Hyo ah..." Jong Kook tells Ji Hyo again.

"Jinjja?" Ji Hyo opens her eyes wider.

"Oppa..you are my kookie?" Ji Hyo cups Jong Kook's face and touches his hair..

She feels Jong Kook's distinct jawline and his ruffled curly hair and she was then convinced that it was Jong Kook..

"Ah..oppa.."Ji Hyo puts her hands back down on her lap and she looks down.

"Wae wae..baby.." Jong Kook cups her face.

Ji Hyo leans her head against Jong Kook's chest.

"Oppa..." She says.

"Neh..yeobo.." 

"Do you love me?" 

"Pabo ah..Of course I love you!" Jong Kook takes Ji Hyo's hand kisses her knuckles.

"Even if I'm not perfect, you will still love me?" Ji Hyo tries to control the shakiness in her voice, as well as the heavy amount of tears in her eyes.."

"Yeobo, you are perfect...But even if you are not perfect, I will still love you. I will love you for who you are..." Jong Kook answers.

"But..I'm not perfect..." Ji Hyo sobs..

"Omo omo..don't cry...Ji Hyo ah..is it because of my appa that you are saying words like this?"

"Huh?" Ji Hyo says..and later she slightly nods.

"Baby..Don't be sad anymore, kay? Just ignore appa, he's always like this..picking on someone's fault..He said that he did this for your good..do you think so?" Jong Kook questions.

"Neh..Now, I know how incompetent I am...I'm just a useless wife....I can't cook, I can't manage the house..I can't do anything..." 

Jong Kook grabs Ji Hyo's hands.

"Ani! You are not useless..never think yourself like that!!" Jong Kook answers, a bit agitated.

"Ji Hyo ah....You are too precious to me..how can you think yourself as a useless person? You give me smiles, give me laughter..life with you is full of happiness..even now, you still think that you are useless?" Jong Kook halts. 

"Ani..." Ji Hyo heaves in sob..

Jong Kook places his finger on Ji Hyo's lips. 

"Don't say anything..let me continue...My heart aches whenever you think that you are not worthy of me because you don't know how to cook or whatever...For me, you are definitely the best wife out of the many in the entire world out there...If you don't know how to cook, we can learn it together..If you don't know how to manage the house, we can do it together..I don't want you to feel useless because of just these insignificant things..." Jong Kook says softly. 

"Oppa..." Ji Hyo sobs even louder. 

"Don't cry, darling..As I said, I will be with you..no matter what things you don't know, I can teach you slowly...Remember that I taught you English when we were in a fan meeting years ago?"

 

Ji Hyo thinks of the past that Jong Kook would always help her with things she didn't know. When she had to spell her name in English during the press conference, Jong Kook patiently teaches her one alphabet after another. 

When she couldn't understand the host, Jong Kook would never fail to come close to her..and whispers to her softly to tell her what the host is talking about..Because of this, she always feel very secure with Jong Kook by her side....

 

"Yeobo, don't worry so much..Whatever you don't know, we will learn it bit by bit..until you master it someday. I can sacrifice myself to be the guinea pig!!" 

"Does that mean noona's cooking is that bad?" Kwang Soo cuts in.

"Yah! Sshhh!" Jong Kook mouths as he knows Ji Hyo would definitely be angry if she thinks of that...

But Ji Hyo was not listening to their conversation..She was engrossed in her thoughts....

 

What the doctor said earlier returns to her mind....

"Ji Hyo sshi...The other day when you came here to check because of your heavy and painful periods, we did a ovulation test. And the results came out showing that you have a ovulation disorder.."

"What do you mean, doctor?" 

"That means that it is hard for you to get pregnant because you don't ovulate in a regular cycle..." 

"Then..is there anything for me to do to get pregnant? I really want to have a baby, doctor..." Ji Hyo asks agitatedly.

"Yes..Ji Hyo sshi..I know that you and your husband must be yearning to have a baby..There will be still options for you, don't worry..but these options will require you to be very determined to do it..and there is no guarantee that you will definitely get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter