The man who did not dare to love, the woman who did not realise this was love

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook's POV

Ji Hyo's father and I took a short stroll out of the house and sat on the garden table outside. The garden was brightly illuminated with the installed lights. 

 

Ji Hyo's father took out his chess board and I helped him to lay the chess pieces and we started playing.

As we played, Ji Hyo's father posed me questions.

"Jong Kook ah, are both of you having plans to get married?" He asked. 

 

I hesistated for a moment before answering,"We haven't considered marriage yet. We just want to get along well first but I myself would like to marry Ji Hyo as my wife." 

Ji Hyo's father nodded. He patted my shoulders and said,"Jong Kook ah, my wife and I would feel safe handing Seong Im to you so if you have plans to marry, you two can carry on." 

 

I thanked him for his blessings. 

Then, Ji Hyo's father continued," I know that Seong Im may be spoilt at times, but I hope that you would endure her and take good care of her." 

 

I nodded, giving my promise to Ji Hyo's father. 

 

Ji Hyo's father followed on saying,"Seong Im told us a lot about you before. She shared to us about your filming together with her. She said that you always backed down whenever she is angry and talks back at you." 

 

I smiled as I thought of how I could do nothing to Ji Hyo whenever she was angry just like in the Big Nose and friends episode when I nagged Ji Hyo for having picked the big pieces of stone, but stopped after she ordered me to keep quiet...

 

Ji Hyo's father then continued,"At that time, when Seong Im told us about you, I thought you treated her like a sister, but now I know that you loved her. Thank you, Jong Kook ah for loving my daughter and pampering her at all times." 

 

I was surprised hearing what Ji Hyo's father has said. 

 

I came into a sudden realisation.

That's right. Five years ago, I always thought that I cared for Ji Hyo because I treated her like my sister. I didn't know that was love.

Everyone around us, including Ji Hyo herself thought that my actions came from a brother, and she did not think that this was love. 

 Hence, we remained as friends brother and sister five years ago. We did not notice our feelings for each other until I realised that I loved her now and Ji Hyo realised that this was love...

 

 

Nevertheless, I accepted Ji Hyo's father's thanks and promised him,"Abeonim, I will treat Ji Hyo as my one and only love and be by her side at all times." 

Ji Hyo's father nodded, as he said,"I know, Jong Kook. I know you will do it."

He smiled and moved one of the chess piece. 

It was my turn. 

 

Then, I heard Ji Hyo shout. "Appa! Jagiya!"

She skipped lightly towards us, carrying a plate of fruits. 

"Appa, oppa, have some fruits! I cut it." Ji Hyo began.

We thanked her and ate the fruits. 

 

Ji Hyo sat on a chair beside me, and asked,"What did both of you talk about just now?"

Ji Hyo's father answered,"Nothing much" 

Ji Hyo said,Ani... I see you two talk for a long time from the kitchen." 

I replied,"It's a secret, Ji Hyo ah." 

 

Ji Hyo folded her arms, whining "Daebak! Now you two have a secret and don't want to tell me." 

"Aigoo, Ji Hyo ya." I moved my chair closer to her. I patted her head to appease her. 

Ji Hyo smiled and automatically leaned against my arm. 

 

I then continued to play chess with Ji Hyo's father. 

Ji Hyo watched us play as she wrapped her arm around mine and leaned against my arm.

After the chess game, Ji Hyo's father then excused himself and went to bed, leaving Ji Hyo and I in the garden. 

 

BGM: Baek Ji Young-Love and Love

Afterwards, Ji Hyo led me to somewhere behind her house.

It was dark since there are no lights installed. The only source of light came from the lamppost that was on the main road. 

I followed her closely.

I spotted a swing from a distance...

 

Ji Hyo sat on the swing. I sat on the seat opposite hers. 

The swing slightly cringed from our weight on it. 

"This is the swing I always play with since young." Ji Hyo explained. She rocked the swing gently. 

 

I felt gentle wind passing by us as we rocked back and forth... The wind was soothing to the touch. I closed my eyes to enjoy it. 

 

Ji Hyo held my hands. She supposedly peered at me and asked,"Jagiya, are you sleeping?" 

My eyes fluttered open, and I answered, "No, I'm just enjoying the swing." 

 

Silence filled the air...

I broke the silence by questioning Ji Hyo,"Ji Hyo ya, when did you start liking me?" 

 

Ji Hyo paused for a moment. Although it was dark, I can faintly see her thinking... 

 

"Since the early days of running man." Ji Hyo replied shortly. 

I nodded, and continued asking"When?"

"I realised that I liked you after the China episode when I was gravely sick and was hospitalised. I skipped the filming and I unknowningly missed you even when I was sick..." Ji Hyo confessed. 

 

"What about you?" Ji Hyo later asked. 

 

"I feel attracted to you since the first time I met you during family outing.  I liked your personality. I would smile to myself like a fool, whenever I think and look at you. And then, when you finally guested in running man and became a regular member, I wanted to know you better. You slowly became my friend, and then my dongsaeng." I said. 

 

"Jinjja! You liked me since Family Outing!" Ji Hyo exclaimed in disbelief. 

I nodded. 

 

"Ji Hyo ya, mianhe. I'm sorry that I took so long to confess my feelings for you. Before we became a couple, I always thought that I treated you like my sister. I thought that it was impossible for us to be together. And when you announced that you had a boyfriend a few years back, my heart hurt badly. I did not dare to look directly at you and I hardly talk even though we were filming then*." I admitted.

For a moment, for a short moment,

The fact that I let you go was so hard that tears fell

Because it felt like our love was not allowed

So my heart hurts even more and this love makes me dizzy

You smile in front of me when I feel like dying

How I longed for only you

 

 

"Ji Hyo ya, do you know how I dreaded to oust you in nametag elimination everytime? I knew you hated me using force against you, a woman*." I stared deeply at Ji Hyo and said. 

As much as it can’t be filled with the mere words of “I love you,”

This love has grown bigger than destiny

Loving each other and hating each other -

Why are these common things so hard?

Does our relationship always have to fade away like this?

So my heart hurts even more and this love makes me dizzy

You smile in front of me when I feel like dying

How I longed for only you

 

 

"I constantly brainwashed myself, telling myself that we were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter