The unprecedented

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was in the middle of the night.

Jong Kook stirs. He hears soft whimpering beside him.

He turns on the lamp beside and turns to look at Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo is sleeping, but she is heavily drenched in sweat and she's making whimpers.

"Yeobo..yeobo..Ji Hyo ah..what's wrong?" Jong Kook pats Ji Hyo's face to wake her up.

"Oh gosh..yeobo..you are so warm!" Jong Kook quickly wipes the sweat off Ji Hyo's body which was freaking hot to his touch.

"Ji Hyo ah...Ji Hyo ah..." Jong Kook shakes Ji Hyo awake.

"Baby! Love!!" Jong Kook attempts to wake Ji Hyo up, which made Ji Hyo open her eyes finally.

"Ji Hyo ya! You are running a fever! Are you okay?!" Jong Kook was in panic.

"Oppa..I feel sick...." Ji Hyo says weakly and she curled her body, while clasping her tummy. "It hurts...oppa.." 

"What hurts? Your tummy?" Jong Kook anxiously places his hand on Ji Hyo's tummy.

Ji Hyo nods once, bearing a painful look on her face.

"Yeobo! I'll bring you to the hospital!" Jong Kook carries Ji Hyo in his arms. 

As he carries her up, he felt something wet underneath. He looked down at Ji Hyo's nightgown. It was blood. The bedsheet was also stained with blood. 

"Oh gosh! Ji Hyo ah! You are bleeding!"

Ji Hyo started crying at that very moment.

"Ji Hyo ya, don't be scared..I'll bring you to the hospital right away!" Jong Kook carries Ji Hyo in his arms and runs down the stairs to their car..

 

They reached the hospital. The nurses push Ji Hyo towards the emergency treatment room. 

"Sorry, but you cannot enter." Jong Kook was stopped at the entrance. 

"Yeobo! Please stay with me!!!" Ji Hyo cried out loudly as she refuses to be left alone without Jong Kook.

Jong Kook grasps Ji Hyo's hand tightly.

"Ji Hyo ya, you will be fine, don't worry..I can't go in, but I will be outside waiting for the doctor to check on you, alright? I will be with you later.."

He bends down and kisses Ji Hyo's forehead.

"Love..Be good..okay?" Jong Kook who was almost crying, was holding onto his tears.

Ji Hyo finally relents and the nurse pushes Ji Hyo in.

 

Jong Kook waited outside.

"Ji Hyo ah..." Jong Kook mumbles as he clasped his hands together. "Ji Hyo ah, please be alright.." He silently prays.

After an hour of waiting, the doctor walks out from the treatment room. 

"Doctor, how's my wife?"

"Jong Kook sshi...We have made an ultrasound for Ji Hyo sshi and we didn't hear any heartbeat from the baby.. I am regretful to tell you that Ji Hyo sshi has miscarriaged her baby.."

Jong Kook holds onto the doctor's arm,"Doctor, it cannot be..our baby..is..gone?"

"Yes..unfortunately.."

"How..Why..did..it..happen...?" Jong Kook stutters as he cannot believe that this has happened. 

"Normally, early pregnancy are susceptible to miscarriages. We realised that Ji Hyo sshi is running a high fever when she came in..."

"So doctor, it's because of the high fever?!"

"Well, Jong Kook sshi..It is not a definite that the baby is lost because of the high fever, because we normally witness miscarriages only when the mother's temperature is too high above 39.5 degrees, but Ji Hyo's temperature is around 39.0 degrees..So we cannot ascertain that it is because of the fever.."

"So why...? She was angry at me the night before..Could it be her emotions?" 

"Again, there is no scientific evidence to prove that emotions or stress would cause a miscarriage. I would have to say that Ji Hyo sshi's pregnancy is unstable, and it is most likely because of chromosomal abnormalities, so to put in layman terms, the mother will reject the baby out of her body because it is not developed in the right way."

Jong Kook remains silent.

The doctor pats Jong Kook's shoulders. "For now, I hope you and Ji Hyo sshi will stay strong about the loss since no one has expected this situation. I will first need to do a D&C to remove the remnants of tissue to reduce infections..Please sign on this so that we can proceed with the treatment.."

"Neh..." Jong Kook holds onto the pen shakily. As much he didn't want to sign this, he had to because their baby is already gone. He quickly signed it and returns it to the doctor.

"Ji Hyo sshi is still having a fever and she will feel weak for a week or so after the miscarriage, so Jong Kook sshi, you need to take extra care of her. I am sure that Ji Hyo sshi still has chances of getting pregnant after she fully recovers..."

"I got it...Doctor, thank you..." Jong Kook slightly bows.

 

Once the doctor leaves, his entire body slumps to the ground. Jong Kook buries his face in his hands as he grieved over the loss of their child. 

Both of them were anticipating for a child to come into their life. Ji Hyo even bore the pain to get pregnant. But, why did God take the child away from them?

Why he did all day was to make her angry, and make her drenched in the rain...Why didn't he take good care of her?

Jong Kook then stood up. He punches his fist hard against the wall in anger.

"What a big fool I am! Why didn't I..." He shouts repeatedly as he knocks his fist against the wall. 

A nurse sees and comes to stop Jong Kook. "Jong Kook sshi, please keep calm."

 

An hour later, another nurse informs Jong Kook. "Ji Hyo sshi has received her treatment. She is currently in her ward now. You can go visit her in the ward."

Jong Kook immediately rushes to Ji Hyo's ward. However, he froze outside of Ji Hyo's ward....

He dried his face and forces a smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter