The unavoidable accident?

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook's POV

After the filming ended, I continued to stay in the filming set and did not return home first. 

I spotted Ji Hyo with her manager from a distance. Seeing her walk towards my direction, I speedily took out my phone from my pocket and pretended to be strolling pages on the phone. 

I heard footsteps behind me. The footsteps were light and brisk and should belong to Ji Hyo.

The footsteps stopped for a few seconds. But they continued after the few seconds.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Ji Hyo walk past me. She walked fast and soon she exited the building, while I continued to look at her back view until she disappeared.

 

Ji Hyo's POV

I came out of the changing room and with my manager, I was about to go home. I scanned my surroundings. Haha and Jae Suk was still chatting at the lobby of the shopping centre. 

Jong Kook was not in sight. 

I proceeded to the exit of the building. And there was Jong Kook. He was standing at the corner, holding on to his phone and staring at it. 

I froze on my spot for a moment, hesistating about whether I should go and talk to him.

In the end, I just avoided him and walked out of the exit quickly.

I sat in my car as my manager drove me home.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought of Jong Kook. Even if I did approach him, I was uncertain of what to talk to him about after what happened that day. The day of the accident...

 

Flashback to a few days ago

When the plane landed Korea when I came back from the fan meeting, I received a message from Chang Joo.

Chang Joo's message was like that: Ji Hyo ah, how are you so far? I want to meet you two days later. Can we meet at the usual place?

I was curious of the reason behind Chang Joo wanting to meet me again. Did he want to tell me about my contract?

Days ago before I left for Hong Kong, I have passed the message to Chang Joo via my manager that Jong Kook was going to call for a press conference to announce our relationship. Could it be because of that?

Nevertheless, I still decided to meet him since he was still my current boss. I gave him a short reply. "Okay. I will meet you there."

 

Then, the next day came. I drove to Chang Joo's restaurant alone as my manager had personal stuff to do.

I entered Chang Joo's restaurant. Chang Joo was not in sight.

Instead, Kwang Soo was in the restaurant himself.

"Kwang Soo ah, why are you here?" I questioned Kwang Soo as he entered the restaurant.

Kwang Soo was just as surprised to see me in the restaurant. "Oh noona!" He exclaimed.

 

Kwang Soo's POV

I checked my phone and I was notified of an unread message. It was from Chang Joo. Kwang Soo sshi, can you meet me in my restaurant two days later? I want to know more about Ji Hyo's situation, yet I cannot approach her. Can you meet me to tell me tomorrow? 

I agreed to meet him.

Hence, I went to the restaurant to attend the appointment.

I stepped into the restaurant, but no one was inside. At that time, I thought that Chang Joo may be out buying something and left the restaurant empty. 

 

Chang Joo's POV

I sent the respective messages to Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo as I hoped both of them would attend the meeting that I have planned. 

"All the plans are already put in place. The only thing is to wait." I thought silently to myself as I laughed at the prospect that things might go according to my way.

 

Kwang Soo's POV

I stood waiting for Chang Joo to return to the restaurant.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I expected Chang Joo to walk into the restaurant but instead I heard Ji Hyo noona's voice.

I turned around to look at the door and was surprised to find her here as well that I loudly exclaimed,"Oh Ji Hyo noona!"

"Oh Kwang Soo, you are here?" Ji Hyo noona asked.

"Where is Chang Joo?" Ji Hyo noona continued asking.

"I did not see him when I entered the restaurant. Maybe he went out to buy something." I answered.

Millions of question marks began forming in my mind.

Why did Chang Joo decide to meet me to ask about Ji Hyo noona when he also asked Ji Hyo noona to come herself?

Things seem to be getting weirder...

 

Ji Hyo's POV

I stood at the entrance of the door and stared at Kwang Soo, wondering of his presence in the restaurant.

Just then, I smelled some metallic thing burning. "Kwang Soo, do you smell something?" I asked Kwang Soo urgently.

Immediately, Kwang Soo turned his head to look inside the kitchen.

 

As Kwang Soo moved aside to look at what was happening, I saw vaguely that a pan was burning on the stove. Small sparks of fire began to appear on the top of the pan.

Kwang Soo quickly ran into the kitchen after I warned him of the weird burning smell.

He picked up a container with his hands, and rushed to the tap in the sink. He filled it up with water and was making his way to the pan.

"Kwang Soo ah!" I screamed.

"Oh no, I smell trouble brewing." I thought as I predicted that Kwang Soo was about to do something stupid.

I ran towards him to the kitchen, wishing to stop him. But it was too late.

"Andwae!" I sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter