The confidence

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ji Hyo ah..is that how you cook? Do you know that it is rather inedible?" Jong Kook's father says frankly. 

"Jwesonghaminda..abeonim...I can cook another dish right now.." Ji Hyo stands on her feet, but she was held back by Jong Kook. 

"Yeobo...this is the first time Ji Hyo's cooking for us..Don't be so picky.." Jong Kook's mother advises her husband.

"Ani! It's not that I want to be picky..but I can't really swallow the food because it just tastes so...haish..Ji Hyo ah, doesn't your mother teach you cooking? How can she let her daughter get married without teaching her how to cook?" Jong Kook's father asks bluntly.

 

Ji Hyo stands right at her position, trying to endure what her father-in-law is lecturing her about..

But she could not take it that her father-in-law is scolding her mother for her incompetence in cooking. 

"Abeonim! Please don't scold my mother! My mother has done a great job, you can't blame her because this is my fault..I don't like that you scold my mother behind her!" Ji Hyo suddenly bursts out in anger. 

"Yeobo..." Jong Kook stands up and holds Ji Hyo's hand to calm her down. He knows she is angry already. 

"Yah..Ji Hyo ah..How can you talk to your elders so rudely?!" Jong Kook's father continues on. 

"Jwesonghaminda..I'll first return to the room.." Ji Hyo walks out of her seat and runs upstairs to the room...

Jong Kook follows after Ji Hyo, but Jong Kook's father stops him.

"Jong Kook ah! Sit down to eat! Yeobo..go cook the fish for a little more, and cook some more dishes..How can they eat this?" Jong Kook's father tells his wife while pointing to Jong Myung and his wife and kids. 

"Appa..mianhe, but what you said was too much..Ji Hyo woke up so early to cook despite her sprained ankle. She put in so much effort, how can you scold her although it tastes bad...Can't you give her some time to learn?" Jong Kook rebuts. 

"Jong Kook ah..you know that I am doing good for her by scolding her. That's how she would improve, isn't it?"

"I'm so sorry, appa..but I don't understand how this will work.." Jong Kook walks up the stairs. 

"You this..Yah! Are you going to stick to your wife and don't support your appa? This son!" Jong Kook's father scolds as Jong Kook just ignores him. 

 

He hurries back to his room to see Ji Hyo sitting on one corner of the bed.

"Yeobo...gwenchana?" Jong Kook asks softly.

Ji Hyo hugs Jong Kook. 

"Baby..Let me see if you are crying..." Jong Kook lifts Ji Hyo's chin lightly.

"Aigoo..My pretty wife is slowly turning ugly if she continues to cry!" Jong Kook teases Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo bursts out laughing as she nuzzles her nose against Jong Kook's chest. 

"Yah..Are you wiping your mucus on my shirt?!" Jong Kook asks.

"Ani! I'm just loving you!" Ji Hyo giggles.

"I love you too...my crybaby.." Jong Kook cuddles Ji Hyo

 

Ji Hyo holds Jong Kook's hand...

"Yeobo..I'm really sorry for having flared up at your appa just now. I know that I shouldn't have done that to your parents and in front of everyone, although I was angry...Will you forgive me?" 

Jong Kook nods. 

"Yeobo..I understand how you felt..Why would I blame you, and why say forgive? becasue there's no need for it.."

They stay silent for a brief moment till Ji Hyo glances up at Jong Kook.

"Yeobo..I'm so sorry for creating a rift between your appa and me...I've heard you standing up for me just now..but I don't want you to do so because I don't want to be a sinner...who destroys a father and son relationship.." 

"Ani! But you are my wife..of course I should speak up for you to whoever it is. And you are my precious..and I would definitely stand by you..darling.." Jong Kook says softly.

"I know..but this isn't going to help the both of us..Appa will still be negative of me..and you if you continue to speak up for me...Yeobo..actually I have made a decision....I hope that you will agree with what I think and I wish that this will be the best for you, me and your family..."

 

Ji Hyo's face was dead serious and Jong Kook could sense that Ji Hyo wanted to say something that made him inevitably nervous..

"Yes..love?" 

"Oppa..let's not register our marriage, shall we? Until appa is sufficiently satisfied about me as his daughter-in-law..we then register as legal husband and wife..."

"Mwuh rah goo?!! Yeobo! What nonsense are you spouting about right now?!! We had the wedding, how can I not register the marriage with you, love?!" Jong Kook sits up instantly...and stares straight at Ji Hyo..

Ji Hyo avoids Jong Kook's intense gaze....

"Yeobo..look at me..Can you explain to me your decision? Do you not want to get married with me?"

Ji Hyo continues to look down at her lap, her tears running already..

Jong Kook hastily hugs Ji Hyo. 

"Please..Yeobo..don't say these type of things, please..I'm sure appa has accepted you already, didn't he? The day when we were in the karaoke, he said he has already accepted you as his daughter-in-law."

"...But..but....he's clearly disliking me. He doesn't like that I am your wife..He..said that I don't know how to cook. He sees me as if I'm useless.."

"Ani! You are not! Ji Hyo ya!" Jong Kook suddenly bursts out.

"Yeobo..I really do want to be your legal wife..But I think that the wedding certificate is just a paper after all..to me it's not that important if I could delay having it after I have been accepted fully as the daughter-in-law..."

"Ji Hyo ah, that's too ridiculous! The paper shows that we are legal husband and wife..it's a form of responsibility I have to make as a husband. And what would your parents think if you tell them that we haven't registered?"

"They will understand if I explain it to them. And I trust you to be responsible for me even without the paper in our hands..because I know you will definitely not forsake me..." 

 

Jong Kook he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter