Thinking of You

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook's POV

The next day after the running man filming of the SNSD episode, I intended to go roaming around Korea during my free day to calm down my emotions after I and Ji Hyo broke up.

I woke up early and called Gap Jin to come to my house to drive me to places that I wanted to go.

Gap Jin came immediately upon hearing that I wanted his help.

 

He reached my house, and entered with a concerned face.

"Hyung, gwenchana?" He asked worriedly about the reason behind me wanting to go on a short holiday suddenly.

"I just wished to go on a short holiday so my pain of losing Ji Hyo will lessen and I can forget her." I replied.

 

Gap Jin comforted me and he hurriedly helped me prepare and we were soon on the way to roam around Korea.

"Hyung, where do you want to go?" Gap Jin asked me.

I sat thinking for a while. But, somehow, I wanted to go back to Pohang, where I and Ji Hyo went last time.

"The beach at Pohang, Gap Jin ah." I instructed Gap Jin. Gap Jin nodded.

We reached Pohang after a few hours of driving. I alighted the car. "Gap Jin, you can go anywhere you want now. I'll call you when I want to go somewhere else." I told Gap Jin.

 

BGM: Kim Jong Kook-Thinking of you.

I walked along the beach shore barefooted with my shoes in my hand. The white sand was warm and comfy. Nothing has changed since the last time I came here. The scenery, the sea, the sky remained as beautiful. The sunshine remained as strong, and the wind remained breezy and light at times.

What has changed was Ji Hyo not being beside me at this moment.

I remembered the day when we came Pohang together. I piggybacked Ji Hyo on my back and walked on the sandy beach. I told Ji Hyo that I was going to carry her on my back forever and ever, and soon along with our children, our sons and daughters.

 

I still have the memory of you. 

But there isn't any reminiscence in me. 

The words "Sorry" and "I'll do well" make me cry when they echoed back. 

I thought of the day of our breakup when Ji Hyo was apologising to me behind the door. I knew how heartbroken she was but I could not do anything to lessen her pain.

 

Only your sad eyes that used to look me are left as bruises in my heart. 

I think I really really miss you.

I took out my phone and scrolled through the photos that I took with Ji Hyo together.

The selfies we took during running man filming, the photos we took at the amusement park, and lastly the selfie we took on the N Seoul Tower.

Those pictures captured our moments together as a couple. But, now we are no longer the same.

 

You come to my mind again and again indeed.

I may regret it. I may not forget you out. 
I miss you. I call you. I only call you.

I remember the nights that I would sit in the sofa recliner in my balcony and call Ji Hyo before I sleep. I call her to chat with her so that I could sleep soundly at night after hearing her voice...

 

Even though I listen to songs about parting, I suffered patiently to pretend that it was no big deal. 

I may not wash you off as much as I hurt you.

No one was on the beach. I played some music on my phone as I sat near the shoreline. The waves from the sea moved up the shore and hit lightly on my bare foot.

The seawater washed off the sand in between my toes but it could not wash off the pain in my heart. Just like how I tried to hide my pain of our breakup in front of others, but I could not.

 

I cry for a long time and smile. 
I plump down into the space absently. 
Whenever the person that resembles you passes by me, I steal a glance at her. 
I'd be very happy if I could see you this way at least. 
I think I have really loved you.

In the recent nights without Ji Hyo, I could hardly fall asleep. I secretly bury my face in the pillow and cry. I'd open the television and rewind previous running man episodes so that I could at least look at Ji Hyo. Our sweet moments together.

 

Why did I leave you then, though I got to miss you like this? 

I love you, love you, love you. 
The one I really loved so much.

I recalled the moment when Ji Hyo and I kissed on the N Seoul tower. It was so sweet, so passionate that I wished I could relieve it again. And not to forget, it was my first confession to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter