The SBS entertainment awards

Spartace forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days later, it was nearing the end of December and of course, an anticipated day has arrived...The SBS entertainment awards ceremony.

Every year, this day has been a nervous one as all the celebrities dress up to the nines and appear in the ceremony, hoping that they will receive an award to recognise their hard work....

 

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are preparing for the award ceremony. Their stylists were helping them with their dressing and makeup in the dressing rooms of the SBS building.

Jong Kook was done with his styling. He was wearing a black fitting tuxedo, with a black bowtie to match his black sleeved shirt and tuxedo.

With his nicely gelled bronze hair, he handsomely walked past the rooms and he heads to Ji Hyo's changing room.

"Yeobo~" Called Jong Kook.

He sees Ji Hyo sitting down on a chair, still doing her hair.

Ji Hyo looks at Jong Kook with the reflection from the mirror. "Omo! Daebak! My husband is just so handsome!!" Exclaimed Ji Hyo as she covers her gaping mouth.

"My wife is so pretty too!" Jong Kook gazes at Ji Hyo's black shiny gown. This gown was specially customised for Ji Hyo and it made her look so beautiful even with her pregnant belly.

"Ah..gomawo...I really love this.." Ji Hyo looks at herself on the mirror.

Once Ji Hyo is done with her hair, she gets her shoes and wear it.

"Ji Hyo ah! What is that?!" Jong Kook exclaims as soon as he sees the high heels.

"Oppa..this is my shoes.." Answered Ji Hyo calmly. She expected that question from Jong Kook.

"Andwae..no heels, Ji Hyo ah.." 

"Oppa..this is just a kitten heel..it is not so high.." 

"No means no..yeobo.. Listen to me, love...You are pregnant, how can you walk properly with those heels?"

"Aye..oppa! Please let me wear this...this is given by a sponsor...please...juseyo...." Ji Hyo pleads with aegyo and pouting her chubby cheeks.

"Aigoo....jinjja.." Jong Kook chuckles at Ji Hyo's cuteness.

"Yeobo..you can hold me..I won't fall down..."

"Then, what if I am not with you? You need to present an award with Kwang Soo, right?" Asked Jong Kook.

"Kwang Soo will hold me then, oppa! Pleasseeee...."

"Haish..yah...how can you walk with heels, especially when your belly looks like a watermelon hah?!" 

"Wahwahwahhhh....oppaa....what..did..you..say...hahhh...?!!" Ji Hyo sobs like a child when she hears that.

"Omo..my aegi...shush...." Jong Kook kisses Ji Hyo's cheeks to comfort her. Everyone in the dressing room turn around to look at them.

"I apologise, okay?...mianhe....yeobo...."

"My tummy.....wahh..it looks big like a watermelon...huhuhu..." Sobs Ji Hyo, upset at Jong Kook's words.

Jong Kook looked a bit guilty as he pats Ji Hyo's head. He knows he shouldn't have said that when Ji Hyo is already expecting twins and it is natural to have a belly bigger than mothers with a single pregnancy. 

Ji Hyo stops her sobs when she sees Jong Kook just staring at her and not talking.

She glances up at him and Jong Kook notices it.

"Arasso...Ji Hyo ah..you can wear the heels but be careful, neh? You must hold onto me..aratji?" Said Jong Kook.

"Neh!" Ji Hyo's smile returns.

 

After the preparations, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo headed towards the large van that SBS has prepared. With the running man members, they board the van and they were taken to the red carpet.

The van door opens and flicking camera lights welcome them as they alight the van.

Fans were screaming wildly, and calling their names. "Girin!! Commander!!" And one of the loudest shouts was "Ace!! Song Ji Hyo!!" 

Ji Hyo was touched by the support given by her fans. She has left the show for almost two months, but they are still supportive of her.

She bows to the fans with her eyes damp.

Jong Kook notices Ji Hyo lagging behind the members and himself who has walked ahead. 

He stops and went back to Ji Hyo and holds her hand in his.

"Yeobo...gwenchana?" Jong Kook asks softly and he gives her waist a pat.

Ji Hyo nods as she holds onto Jong Kook's hand tight. "I'm fine..oppa.."

"Gaja..yeobo...We need to follow the guys.." Said Jong Kook to Ji Hyo.

They walk to the stage where they have to take a group photo.

They pose their signature running man pose and Jong Kook grabs Ji Hyo's elbow so that she won't lose her balance and fall.

 

After the phototaking, they head towards the escalator to get to the exhibition centre.

Before they go up, they are invited to the virtual screen where their faces will appear on the screen like a photo. Ji Hyo stands next to Jong Kook and she poses all sorts of faces. At one time, she even almost kissed Jong Kook. 

Jong Kook was looking at the screen all the while as he was smiling at the virtual camera. And then he sees Ji Hyo's y red lips pouting towards his face, and his mouth also opens slightly, hungry for her kiss. He was going to tilt his face towards Ji Hyo when the staff called and told them to go upstairs already.

They walk towards the escalator then. Jong Kook holds onto Ji Hyo as Ji Hyo holds her long gown.

They take the escalator to the highest floor of the building. As they need to hurry, they had to climb up the escalator and Jong Kook tightened his grasp on Ji Hyo's hand.

When they are reaching the end of the escalator, Jong Kook gives Ji Hyo a signal. "Be careful..yeobo.." He makes sure Ji Hyo steps onto the platform before he continues walking.

 

They then enter the convention centre. The Running Man members are assigned to a table in front of the stage and they sit down. Jong Kook sits down beside Ji Hyo and they chat around while waiting for the award ceremony to start.

"Yeobo ah..gwenchana? Do you need anything??" Jong Kook asks as he covers Ji Hyo's shoulders with her black blazer.

"Ani..I'm a bit nervous.." Ji Hyo whispers inside Jong Kook's ears, not wanting others to hear.

"Wae..love?" Jong Kook grabs Ji Hyo's hand in his and rubs it gently to calm her nerves.

"Because..I am really hoping that we can get at least an award today..." 

"Ah..relax, yeobo...We have worked hard and I'm sure our hard work will be recognised no matter whether we win the award or not..Don't be nervous, okay?" Jong Kook assures Ji Hyo.

"Neh..I hope so.." Ji Hyo answers.

"Oppa! I'll go to the washroom first.." Said Ji Hyo a minute later.

"Wae..do you feel like vomiting?!" Jong Kook asks worriedly.

"Aniya! Haish..I want to pee!!" Said Ji Hyo embarrassed. Her husband doesn't know that pregnant mothers will feel like urinating often.

"Ah..gaja..I'll bring you there..."

"Gwenchana! The washroom is just outside..I can go myself.." Ji Hyo stands up to leave.

"Be careful, dear!" Jong Kook tells Ji Hyo and he sits back down seeing Ji Hyo walking out of the convention centre.....

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter